New to this Domain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyC

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking forward to tips and tricks. I’ve grown outdoors for some yrs but that ended when I experienced my first indoor grow last season, this is my second grow indoor.
I’m in a 5x5x7 with two TMLAPY 2000w led with the rest of the set up.

I am a bit of a cross roads, I originally was going to go with five, but somehow managed to double my grow. I wanted to try supercropping for the first time but now with the increase of plants will I be able to have enough space,

I am growing gorilla breath, wedding cake, mango sapphire, miracle alien cookies.
I was going to put the strains that first earlier at the front because I wanted to use my trilles set up. But have read using the net when you have multiple strains that finish flowering at different times and will make harvesting that much harder.

In short, my main questions are, how early can I supercrop and should I?
I’ve already toped once.

I was thinking of letting them veg till they get 24” height then turn them.?
Any and all input is appreciated!

Here’s the past pics my first indoor grow.

Attachments

• ADF39026-363D-4E8F-AAE8-B20926AC968E.jpeg
    ADF39026-363D-4E8F-AAE8-B20926AC968E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2A6414C4-B064-41F7-99B3-B82737DE57CF.jpeg
    2A6414C4-B064-41F7-99B3-B82737DE57CF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1A1F3249-40AC-44C7-A115-F00BC7851A58.jpeg
    1A1F3249-40AC-44C7-A115-F00BC7851A58.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DEE55239-CA8C-4C65-BD1B-78ADA758737C.jpeg
    DEE55239-CA8C-4C65-BD1B-78ADA758737C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1F4A0098-4C6B-4E48-86CD-4F9B12EE627B.jpeg
    1F4A0098-4C6B-4E48-86CD-4F9B12EE627B.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome CC I’m a small tent grower and I always over crowd so I’m forever supercropping and netting up my plants to get a good screen coverage with limited height. I usually drop the first net over mine about 18-24” high and let them fill in good before going to 12/12. Good luck with your grow this year. Lots of tent growers on here to help. Start a grow journal so we can all keep up with what you’re doing. Nice buds last year you should enter the BOTM contest with one of them. ✌️

Welcome CC I’m a small tent grower and I always over crowd so I’m forever supercropping and netting up my plants to get a good screen coverage with limited height. I usually drop the first net over mine about 18-24” high and let them fill in good before going to 12/12. Good luck with your grow this year. Lots of tent growers on here to help. Start a grow journal so we can all keep up with what you’re doing. Nice buds last year you should enter the BOTM contest with one of the
Welcome CC I’m a small tent grower and I always over crowd so I’m forever supercropping and netting up my plants to get a good screen coverage with limited height. I usually drop the first net over mine about 18-24” high and let them fill in good before going to 12/12. Good luck with your grow this year. Lots of tent growers on here to help. Start a grow journal so we can all keep
Welcome CC I’m a small tent grower and I always over crowd so I’m forever supercropping and netting up my plants to get a good screen coverage with limited height. I usually drop the first net over mine about 18-24” high and let them fill in good before going to 12/12. Good luck with your grow this year. Lots of tent growers on here to help. Start a grow journal so we can all keep up with what you’re doing. Nice buds last year you should enter the BOTM contest with one of them. ✌️
Hey SubG thanks for the reply, so your first net goes on at 24”. Is it holding down the plants first supercropping.?
4’-5’ plant in the end?
I’ve read that the prime time HST is just before you flip.

I’ve got the journal already on the go! 😊
Thanks for the props on the nugs.

I supercrop only when the stretch gets the plant tops too close to the light. It is a last resort for me not a strategy. A net is good to just ‘weave’ the branches thru to keep the canopy even. As subby said, get the netting filled in prior to flip and then the stretch after flip is usually easier to manage while still getting a lot of nice colas.

Hey SubG thanks for the reply, so your first net goes on at 24”. Is it holding down the plants first supercropping.?
4’-5’ plant in the end?

I supercrop only when the stretch gets the plant tops too close to the light. It is a last resort for me not a strategy. A net is good to just ‘weave’ the branches thru to keep the canopy even. As subby said, get the netting filled in prior to flip and then the stretch after flip is usually easier to manage while still getting a lot of nice colas.

you told me you lived in Patchogue.....
Welcome Chunky. Lot of tent growers here. I am one and super cropping is part of the deal.
Hey Pute so in my situation,10 plants 3 different strains in a 5x5x7 all but 2 are clones.
When should I do my first supercrop, on them and when to flip.

Really appreciate all the input guys!
I’m super pumped for this grow

4’-5’ plant in the end?

I’ve only super cropped twice when my plant was sure to hit the light. I bent stems over 90 degrees and also had to us a second net just to hold them down my plants don’t usually grow that tall but occasionally get a big girl that wants to get really close to the lights. I can usually see this happening early during the stretch right after going 12/22 on which it’s easier to manipulate that main stem before it gets to stiff to bend taking a chance on breaking it

I only super crop when I have to and never in veg. That is a lot of plants in a 5 x 5 tent.
Huh, those knots the plant creates from the bending or pinching are a super highway for nutrients. Makes
For bigger buds bigger yields.
Why wouldn’t you always want to super crop?

I know some do but I only supercrop to maintain my height and plant to light ratio and like Pute never in veg. ive Read too that the plant produces more THC for protection so maybe there is something to it. I’ve never noticed the ones Ive bent having any bigger buds or being more potent than the rest. I find if I can fill up the scrog net with budsites before turning them on to 12/12 I have a pretty decent grow with a nice harvest.

Huh, those knots the plant creates from the bending or pinching are a super highway for nutrients. Makes
For bigger buds bigger yields.
If supercropping was the holy grail of growing, everyone would be supercropping every branch of every grow. I have not seen any evidence of a super highway when I have supercropped but I am always interested in seeing someone else’s results.

If supercropping was the holy grail of growing, everyone would be supercropping every branch of every grow. I have not seen any evidence of a super highway when I have supercropped but I am always interested in seeing someone else’s results.
Yes me too. Let’s see that supercrop thing 😊

Lots of ways to grow. I don't use netting. I stake my plants so I can move them. I like the freedom that it gives me. I just pulled this plant from the tent. Can't do that with netting. Here is what I meant by staking. This is a strong indica so it is short and bushy. Absolutely no need to super crop.

IMG_20230423_152022982.jpg

Latest posts

Back