Advertise On Marijuana Passion

As Trichromes change

chronicman

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
88
Reaction score
2
ok so i have a plant about 8 week into flower and it seems to have stopped growing or really slowed down. the trichromes are still clear turning cloudy. I was wondering will i still get more pot if i wait or just a different grade of THC. Would i be stupid to harvest now. i took a small sample and the bud was great so i was just wondering if i will still get a greaTER yield if i wait. the plant has also become very purple all smaller leaves on buds are purple. pistols are dark orange.
 

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
35
We allready went over this in this thread-
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3511

"Past peak ripeness the THC begins to degrade, and the buds take on an awful taste. The [plant] is beginning to die. A month too late and the buds are basically worthless.

It's not going to magically keep going and going, it knows when it done.
 

chronicman

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
88
Reaction score
2
i know i already asked something liek this but i dont really know what to do it looks like nice weed and the trichromes are just getting milky but not amber and still alot of clear if i let them keep changing to amber will the weight or amount of weed change
 

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
76
If you're that close...pretty much what you've got is what you're going to get. When those trichs are mostly milky/amber, you'd be smart to harvest before you start to lose potency. Good luck ;)
 

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
35
You may get some more weight out of it but probably not much, what strain is it, do you know how long it's supposed to take?
 

chronicman

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
88
Reaction score
2
i haveno clue got a clone from a friend who had some good luck with some bag seed but it is really purple and has heave buds. its about 5 and a half maybe six feet and has about 8 oz of bud on it. Rough Guess thanks for your help think i am gonna harvest some time this week.
 
L

lalalalonely

Guest
I say you pick a bud, put it in the microwave for about ten seconds or until it smokes, it will be a harsh smoke but if the bud gets you high then it is time to harvest.
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,666
lalalalonely said:
I say you pick a bud, put it in the microwave for about ten seconds or until it smokes, it will be a harsh smoke but if the bud gets you high then it is time to harvest.
..well there ya' go!...and all this time, growers have been wasting all of there time checking trichomes for ripeness and cureing...
 

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
697
Reaction score
42
I am learning that patience is very important when it comes to this plant
 
S

Stoney Bud

Guest
chronicman said:
ok so i have a plant about 8 week into flower and it seems to have stopped growing or really slowed down. the trichromes are still clear turning cloudy. I was wondering will i still get more pot if i wait or just a different grade of THC. Would i be stupid to harvest now. i took a small sample and the bud was great so i was just wondering if i will still get a greater yield if i wait. the plant has also become very purple all smaller leaves on buds are purple. pistols are dark orange.
When the trikes are all cloudy, the high will be the knock you down on the couch high. When the THC is all clear, it's the most active type of high. THC is at it's strongest mind altering point when the trikes are just turning milky or cloudy. Anything more and the high isn't as intense, but sometimes a more physical high if the trikes are all cloudy to amber, 50-50.

PS: Hick, you're killin me! Hahahahahahaha
 

ccreddog06

New Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
cut it down, cut it down cut it down
don't wait, it's not worth it, in fact it goes to crap after the point you're talking about, or at least mine did
 

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
9,329
Reaction score
5,015
Hope this helps this thread out.

50-50%20Trichrome-Head%20and%20Body%20High.jpg


When-To-Harvest-2.jpg
 

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
76
Hick said:
..well there ya' go!...and all this time, growers have been wasting all of there time checking trichomes for ripeness and cureing...
See Hic...and just what the **** were you thinking anyways? Getting all scientific on us? I mean....really.:rolleyes:
 

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
9,329
Reaction score
5,015
GreenDayGirl said:
See Hic...and just what the **** were you thinking anyways? Getting all scientific on us? I mean....really.:rolleyes:
I know it. He is always doin that stuff. Who cares about type of high, yeild, and stuff like that. Just grow it and smoke it. I mean that last two weeks of flowering time don't do crap. [sarcasm]
man I'm being an AH today. maybe I better not be posting today.
 

Latest posts

Top