assistance needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalejr13

Reaction score
please take a look at the pics of my plant at week 3, new growth but still very small. i keep a fan on it during the day but it doesnt seem to be getting much taller/ thicker. i rotate it to windows with the best light during the day, and keep it in a closet at night w/ sufficient lighting. water about half to one ounce water daily w. no nutes yet. temp is a consistant 78. any ideas what could be holding it back? any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the quality of the pics, old cam. thanks guys.

Picture 16.jpg

Picture 15.jpg

Picture 14.jpg

Picture 13.jpg

In my opinion maybe you should give it some small amount of nutes. I start my seedlings on nutes when they are between week 2 and week 3. And what kinda soil are you using? What type of water are you using? Also when you say sufficient lighting what are you using? How close are your lilghts at night? And I water mine every 2 to 3 days but I have a little run of the bottom to. I tried a window grow once and I would venture to say it delayed some growth but when I put it under 24/7 light wow the plant blew up. This is what works for me in my opinion everybodys different. Remember to seedling stage can last 1 to 3 weeks thats when I see a real growth in mine. I hope I help in some way and didnt feed you a line of **. It works for me so good luck. Hopefully somebody else will be more indebth than I was.

thanks for the input homemadegravity. water is bottled drinking water at room temp, soil is a 1 part sandy dirt, 2 part mg 3mos potting mix, and 1 part dung. the lighting is a 400 watt dhl, about 7 inches above plant w/ fan blowing to circulate. thanks for the help and any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for asking but what is a 400 watt dhl light? Ive never used a mix of soil like that before so I couldnt tell you about that. I just use straight FF soil with a little perlite in it, they seem to love it. 7in with a 400w sounds kinda close without a exhaust fan even with air circulation in the room. I use a
250w mh and it sits 8in above my seedlings but I also have a tempered glass in the hood and air cooled. When you say its temp is a consistant 78 is that right below the light or just in your grow space?

Homemadegravity said:
Sorry for asking but what is a 400 watt dhl light? Ive never used a mix of soil like that before so I couldnt tell you about that.

1st like he said whats a DHL light???? And get rid of that soil. that could be playing a big part in it not growing

hey guys, hdl is the brand of lighting i got.....but i did take the advice and changed it around w/ more lighting....added a little nutes and what a difference it made! thanks for all the imput guys, and ya alot of people dont like the soil mixture but ive used it before and had good results....thanks and happy growing!

Picture 13.jpg

Picture 14.jpg

I would agree with you dale, your soil mix sounds, well, sound. As long as when you water the water does not stand for longer then 5-10 seconds, then you should be ok. Pick up a copy of "Marijuana Botany" or "Hemp diseases and pests: Managment and biological control" Dont be fooled by the term "Hemp" It is a must have book for all growers, beginner and "master" alike.

I have ordered alot of my MJ growing books and beginers hyrdo books from Barnes and noble. They just special order stuff for me.

just an update guys, still going strong.....thanks again and especially to homemade gravity......much love and happy growing!!!

Picture 15.jpg

There's gotta be something wrong with it, less the strain of plant is very small. I don't mean to make you feel bad or anything, but I've seen plants like 4 days old that big.

that was kinda the point, if all was good i wouldnt have posted the thread, but thanks!:cool:

In that case, I'd just go and buy some good quality soil, I've heard FoxFarm is the best. If you can't get that then just don't buy any cheap stuff.

Could you tell me more about this HDL lighting? Do you have a lumen count? Did the package/box say white on it?

Do you have the plants out of the light in the pics?

All I can come up with is High Definition Lights... which don't sound like they'd work too well for growing.

Or maybe all of this is just a faulty seed problem.

hey whoa, i really appreciate your info....i switched the lighting to 3 different lights. not sure the lumens but i belive they are around 6000, 2000 each. the other lights were given to me and dont think they were working(obviously)......but if you look at the first pics compared to the last set i think youd agree i fixed the problem just by looking at the growth within 2 days. i think i screwed up by using the old lights...and ya i think they were high def, but not sure.....anyhow i think i saved it, hopefully didnt screw the sex up in the process....and the soil is quick draining, no prob there. water about every other day. but i must say ive seen a huge turn around! thanks for the help, much appreciated!

NP, I'm using 3 lights as well... 2000 lumens a piece. Also, I think I'm watering a little too much. I water a tiny bit like twice a day, but that's prob alot for a little sprout.

ya, overwatering is a killer. i only do it when the soil is dry about an inch below, or about every other day. but like i said, i cant get ff here, so mg has to do but ive used the mix ive specified in previous posts and always had a good outcome in the past. ill post some new and better pics as she (hopefully) gets bigger, any other info to help is always appreciated......and ya, she had light in the pics, just crappy cam.....i give her light 24/7, about 12hrsdaylight and 12 artificial. is it good to alternate or is it better straight artificial? i figured 12 daylight is best. let me know, thanks!

When I water my seedlings I make sure I have a lil run off water, I also just during the seedling stage I water once a week from the bottom, I believe it helps the roots go in search for the water and grow rather then letting them get water from the top.
As far as daylight. In my personal opinion I find it to be pretty useless during seedling stage. 1st off I do know the sun is a powerful source of energy but I did a little expierment once where I had plants outside and inside. The outside plants were smaller and very spindly, the inside plants were very healthy, tall,bushy and just more filled out. But I also believe if they were to be put in natural sunlight during flowering I think they would flourish and produce some nice buds. Again this is just my opinion. I say 24/7 under some good lighting.

24/7 it is.....it does seem to grow the most under artificial....just figured the sun would be more nutritional.....lol, ya im stoned. thanks!!!!

Latest posts

Back