Attention Mathematicians ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inhalethis

Reaction score
Ok here is the question, I suck at math but, I do know there is 16oz in a pound. Is one ounce a quarter of a pound? Since a quarter is one quarter of the four quarters in an oz. OR is four ounces a quarter of a pound since you will have four sets of ounces in a pound ?:eek:
I hope I didn’t confuse anyone with my stupid question. Me and my friend have a bet going. Maybe some of you can clear up the mystery for us.
Thank you all so much.
Inhalethis

a quarter is 7 grams, a half is 14g's an ounce is 28g's, and a Quarter pound is 4 ounces half pound is you guessed 8 ounces full pound is 16 ounces.

and Don't forget a dime is 1 gram and an 1/8 is 3.5 grams :p
but who knows what a "lid" is? :p

i use to know this.. i buy by the fingers now.. a 2 finger 3 finger and a hand. explain a lid again..

Lets simply use grams, easy to handle =P
1000mg = 1g
1000g = 1kg

from my memory of "lids" is roughly an oz. The fingers were for saying..."hey got a three finger lid". This pretty much meant that there were less seeds in it. IMO, this comes from a mind that remembers buying lids. Are lids even sold anymore? as lids i mean, not ounces?

Mutt said:
and Don't forget a dime is 1 gram and an 1/8 is 3.5 grams :p
but who knows what a "lid" is? :p
a dime is 2 g;)

Don't think so tcbud. Now everyone uses scales.....no longer the easy trade it was anymore. Yet another reason to grow your own. ;)
We always called a dime 10 bucks worth....which was enough for a doobie, but now with blunts can see why a dime is more.

i got a 1/16 of deisel at a despencery the other day, for $21. Three nice nugs (prolly enough for 4 good j's) but, i got to say, the diesel clone i gave a friend was much better tasting bud. I guess that goes to show.....Grow Your Own!
and......Four finger lids.....were few and far between back in the seventies when pot had huge amounts of seeds. And of course, you had to kinda flatten the bag out....if you flattened it enough, i guess four fingers was a good amount. And then you had to look for huge stems and peices of wood that got compressed into those Keys. I bet most of us can tell an oz. within a gram or two. Just by holding the baggie.

Hey, Inhalethis....Did you win the bet?

WOW you all did go to weed college. I don’t know why but I thought that four quarters in an ounce would make one ounce a quarter of a pound since one quarter is a quarter of an ounce and there are four of those in an ounce. I’m sorry just a little s l o w I guess.
Oh and no I didn’t win the bet { just rub it in why don't you}, maybe my friend did. I’m still not sure. LoL So what you are saying is 4 ounces is a quarter of a pound? Since there are four sets of four ounces in a pound? I think I get it now that I am typing it out. Maybe I shouldn't smoke so much.... na;) :rolleyes:
Just be glad I’m not working for you. I’m just so glad to get any at all, that I don’t rush home and weigh it or anything. But maybe I should, maybe I am in the wrong part of the forum I think I need to be in the grow room 101 section. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about getting ripped off by people that can run a scale.:hairpull:

Oh by the way the finger thing sucks as well for me since I have small hands I could get ripped that way to. ;)

a quarter of 3.5 is an infinite number im guessing i learned this in grade school :p

A lid is a 25 $ bag from way back and it was a 4 finger then and those that had FAT Fingers with Big Hands had the Better Bigger Bags !!

lol,i got a 1 oz qp for ya. (j/p)

dimes are 1 gram to some people,2 to others.it depends where you are.
7 grams=1/4 oz
28 grams=1 oz
4oz=qp
8oz=1/2 pound
16 oz=1 pound
35-36ozs = a kg a.k.a. "A Key"

floydhead said:
An ounce is a quarter OF a pound......4 ounces is A quarter pound

An ounce is a quarter of a quarter of a pound

16 ounces = 1 pound
8 ounces = half a pound
4 ounces = quarter of a pound :rolleyes: