Aurora

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BuddyLuv said:
I feed mine from rooted seedling on. I think it is more your method then the strain GG... I have had mine up to 1800ppm and not so much a burnt tip. They will take serious abuse.

Hmm, yeah must be the buckets. I think they are ready to be fed now- but man they didn't like it at the beginning.

BuddyLuv said:
I am still waiting to see sex. I have one that has four branches that are 2" taller then the main shoot. Kinda weird but it is a beautiful little bush.

Buddy, do you remember what happened to this one? Was it a female? I have one exactly like this- did it stay short/bushy still?

Thanks man

If I remember that one turned male. They all stayed short and bushy with their structure basically the same across the board. I am really happy with my mom I kept, good producer, clones well, and takes lots of abuse. The only thing is they are not real branchy so it is hard to get tons of clones from one mom.

holy shite! look at this AI grow with all CFLs! Hopefully my 400W HPS will yield double this:

hXXp://www.rollitup.org/harvesting-curing/109150-1163-grams-wet-cfls-run.html

That is a lie unless that man is a giant. I have grown Mucho weed and that looks nowhere close to advertised weight. It looks to be more like 2 oz dry at best.

I dunno I mean he has a scale- and the one cola weighed 125 grams... I just don't see why people would lie about it. That first picture is only of 1 of his plants- he had 2 total for the 1163 grams wet weight... and dry weight he said came out to 9oz- also you can't judge how dense it is from pictures very well

His main cola weighed 125 and the rest probably weighed about that much. So lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say 250 grams per plant. So that is still only 500 grams. Dry that out at about 75% you get 125 grams dry. So he got 4 oz off two plants, (maybe). I highly doubt he got that because the pic you see are of his big one.

Calling all AI growers- just curious if you remember when your AIs really started to pack on the weight? Was it a little later in the flowering period?

In my case that has always been the way it happened. I've got some in the ground at the moment with a haze hybrid and I'm eager to see how it behaves outside, as well as stoked about my first hybrid pheno. I saw my most growth the last 2 weeks. The buds grew to volume quickly and then slowly filled in with weight and trichomes, then i'd say the last 2 maybe 3 weeks, I usually have seen quite a bit of a change. That's the last weeks of a 9 week flowering time. I have gotten great results pulling them a little late.

thanks for the reply- I have another question!

My AI has been in flower for 65 days now, that is 9 weeks and 2 days

And still I don't have any amber trichomes, did you have any phenos like this? It seems a little long for an indica dominant strain? Should I keep it going and wait for them to change amber?

Anyone?

What's ur grow? When you say been in flower you mean 65 days on 12/12? If there were changes in the light schedule or you delayed changing the nutes when you flipped the lights I could see it takinga bit longer, also it could be that particular pheno. I've had one that was cut with the rest at 8 weeks and it wasn't anywhere near done, so perhaps that is an outlier to be considered. Give it some patience, then dry it smoke it and if it isn't the KILL, don't breed that pheno. Let those genes, with the tendency for time wasting, die off.

Aurora indica doesn't get many amber trichs. Harvest it when most of them are cloudy. I usually go 9 weeks for a heavy stone and flavor. That is in a room with Co2.

Like others have said. AI grows slow from seed but fast from clone. I put clones into flower at 6-8 inches and they finish 2-3 feet tall. They grow best as single colas. I trim the lower branches 2 weeks into flower for solid colas. The plants average 1-2 dry ounces per plant. You can grow larger plants but sog has been the best producer for me with AI.

GrowinGreen said:
thanks for the reply- I have another question!

My AI has been in flower for 65 days now, that is 9 weeks and 2 days

And still I don't have any amber trichomes, did you have any phenos like this? It seems a little long for an indica dominant strain? Should I keep it going and wait for them to change amber?

Anyone?

Mine didn't really turn amber when they were 'supposed' to. They will eventually but by that time the plant is pretty much completely dead. 9 weeks sounds about right for harvest. It is certainly not 7 like some claim. At least not for my plants.

After 2 years with it, I scrapped the Aurora. Too unstable. Great flavor, aroma, and really sedative buzz, but out of 20 different phenos, I only got 2 stable ones. This plant likes a low PPM for about 3 weeks after rooting so don't overfeed. I wouldn't exceed 500-600.

I'm going to try some more in the autumn, when the Cheese crop matures. I might try a Cheese / Aurora cross later.

Props to all of you who have posted in these Aurora threads, especially the illustrated ones. I have grown Nirvana Papaya for years and was thinking, ought I to add Aurora to my stable since the price is the same and it is listed as their most potent indica. I am surprised at the "sativa-esque" reports as far as the appearance and the stone. When I eventually get around to buying the seeds I think I will do half drip hydro and half Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil to see if I get wildly divergent results.

This is such an antique thread!
Strangely, I have some Aurora that I'm going to try ASAP, now that I've got a partially seeded auto strain sorted out. At least I think it's sorted.

Same problem AS USUAL! Poor quality seed.
Of the first five, three germinated after 5 days. Two of them never went anywhere and shrivelled up. The last one is just sitting there as a pair of cotlydons. Useless. This happens again and again with Aurora, the seed is crap.

Latest posts

Back