auto breeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middieman440

i am unknown
Reaction score
hey guys got a question i have 1m-1f auto ak/bb a few male sac's busted open and my female just has only a few pre-flowers on it im wanting to get seeds but i wanna know what happens when they get pollenated so early in flowering????literally i have maybe 8 hairs on the female,no buds yet just a few hairs will it still bud out or just make seeds and die,they are both 27 days old,and since im breeding does it take longer for the plant to finish or what.i read but couldnt find anything on early pollenation any answear would be good thanks..middie

"IF" they are mature, healthy pistils, they may become pollinated. I have had plants where 'only' the preflowers produced seeds from early pollination.
I actually never noticed any significant change in finish/maturation of the buds...it normally requires a minimum of about 4 weeks for seeds to mature ...BUT.. auto's I have never messed with. Maybe different. I'll never know..:)

ok so they will still bud out even though the pollen dropped on them???im going to leave the male in there till next week then remove and hope for the best

Chop the male, cut the branches with the pollen sacks off, throw the rest of the male plant away, its no good for anything, lay the pollen sack branches on a mirror or sheet of glass or a bit of dark paper, leave them to dry, do not keep moving them.

The sacks will open and drop the pollen, collect it and paint the pollen on the forming female buds with a fine paintbrush ;)

:peace:

the sooner you remove the male, the fewer seed you will have.
one grain of viable pollen + one viable pistil = one seed...
the longer you leave the male, the more seeds and less sensi bud you will have.
Th more seeds, the less potent your final product will be, AND will yeild less. More energy is used to produce seeds, the less available for producing buds.
IMHO/E.. once the plant i pollinated, it senses that it has been successful to 'that' point, no longer a need to produce pistilate flowers, but concentrate the energy into producing fat viable seeds.

Can you clone Auto-Breeders? and if so at what point is it optimal?

Latest posts

Back