auto-flower light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db33322

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying myself a T5 lighting fixture and was wondering with the auto strains would it be better to mix the lights with both red and blue to get a full spectrum effect or just go with the blue for more lumens.

I prefer using a HPS light....I don't think floros get enough penetration....I only use them for seedlings...then I put the autos right under HPS...

If you have to use T5's for flowering, use all red, auto's skip the veg. state and go right to flower.

Good luck

Hamster Lewis said:
I prefer using a HPS light....I don't think floros get enough penetration....I only use them for seedlings...then I put the autos right under HPS...

I love Hamsters setup...and his results really speak for itself! His autos are some of the prettiest I have seen here, and I am planning a system based on his, just not as big.

One question, Hamster, if you don't mind me asking...do you know how much it's costs you to run your 1000W setup monthly? If I'm figuring it right, .08 KWH*12 hrs per day*30 days per month should be right about 28-29 bucks a month, yeah? Just curious if you know off the top o your head. :D

MichiganDude said:
I love Hamsters setup...and his results really speak for itself! His autos are some of the prettiest I have seen here, and I am planning a system based on his, just not as big.

One question, Hamster, if you don't mind me asking...do you know how much it's costs you to run your 1000W setup monthly? If I'm figuring it right, .08 KWH*12 hrs per day*30 days per month should be right about 28-29 bucks a month, yeah? Just curious if you know off the top o your head. :D

Of course, it depends on your individual KW costs and some places have a sliding scale, but, yes, you math is correct. At .08 a KW, a 1000W light will cost about $30 a month.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Of course, it depends on your individual KW costs and some places have a sliding scale, but, yes, you math is correct. At .08 a KW, a 1000W light will cost about $30 a month.

Thanks THG...appreciate the confirmation. Along with Hamsters setup, I've eying your cooling tube as well. :hubba:

4 days of reading this site has been like a lifetime of education! :woohoo:

EDIT: Oh, and I figure I can off set my usage per month by shutting down my media server at night...it's also a gaming rig, and has something like a 700W power supply in it. lol

You're only just scratching the surface MD.

Wait till the worry, insecurity, apprehension, self doubt and problems kick in.

Then you will see the true gold mine you have stumbled across.

;)

:peace:

Latest posts

Back