Awright...I gotta p i ss moan and complain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbOldster

Reaction score
'Cause I'm gettin' old, I reckon. Took my wife to the eye doctor today.

It's usually a 1-1.5 hour appointment, so today I took a book, which I'M TRYING TO READ! Ahem. Anyway.

Irony, is me trying to read the book in a waiting room with maybe 8 people in it, then three more come in and sit right close to me, talking very loudly about any and every little old thing, including the signs on the wall asking patients to refrain from talking on their cell phones because, as the VERY loud threesome noted...the office staff wants to KEEP THE WAITING ROOM NOISE DOWN!

I READ THREE PAGES. THREE. LOUSY. PAGES.

Okie Dokie. I'm done now. Maybe I need to step outside and damage my lungs a little. 😤 lol (thanks fer listenin' - unless ya didn't ;-P)

I thought for sure the opening line was a set up for a joke, and this was gonna end with, “And when she put on her new glasses, she took one look at me and asked for a divorce.”

I bet they were fans of The View.

I thought for sure the opening line was a set up for a joke, and this was gonna end with, “And when she put on her new glasses, she took one look at me and asked for a divorce.”

I bet they were fans of The View.
Naw. She don't wear glasses, ceptin' readers. Girl's Type 1 diabetic. They've done surgeries and been stickin' needles in her eyeballs and stuff, so she hopefully don't lose her eyesight. She wouldn't divorce me...who else is gonna keep her car up for her? ;)

(And...a certain trial in the NE did come up once, among the noisy trio).

I just smiled and figured, if that's the worst thing that happened to ya today, you had a pretty good day!
Oh, I know. I'm above ground - it's a good day! :) She's making me take her to a concert by a 70 year old "rock group" on Sunday, though. I have to go "nekkid", if you know what I mean. Does that count as a 'less-than-great' day?
Maybe she'll feed me. See? Glass half-full!

I hate to hear your wife is going through such difficulties.
I wish her well and hope the treatments turn out to be successful.

"The ink is black. The paper's white. Together we learn to read and write".

It won't be H E L L, but, you know.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog, and sheet. Maybe I'm just in a dour mood today. :-/
3 dog night. I remember the teen drinking years at campouts. One of us starting to puke, blaming it on the 3 hotdogs he ate, rather than the whiskey and beer. All night he got called "three dog night."

Bubba

'Cause I'm gettin' old, I reckon. Took my wife to the eye doctor today.

It's usually a 1-1.5 hour appointment, so today I took a book, which I'M TRYING TO READ! Ahem. Anyway.

Irony, is me trying to read the book in a waiting room with maybe 8 people in it, then three more come in and sit right close to me, talking very loudly about any and every little old thing, including the signs on the wall asking patients to refrain from talking on their cell phones because, as the VERY loud threesome noted...the office staff wants to KEEP THE WAITING ROOM NOISE DOWN!

I READ THREE PAGES. THREE. LOUSY. PAGES.

Okie Dokie. I'm done now. Maybe I need to step outside and damage my lungs a little. 😤 lol (thanks fer listenin' - unless ya didn't ;-P)
I did read it and if its too much I engage systems.
After that (within .04 sec. ) diagnose and arm for a threat with appropriate munitions.
In this case I would resort to a biological, let out a silent "jet stream" so to speak without letting my location to be known.
Changes the intent of the aggressors and usually they eject

I did read it and if its too much I engage systems.
After that (within .04 sec. ) diagnose and arm for a threat with appropriate munitions.
In this case I would resort to a biological, let out a silent "jet stream" so to speak without letting my location to be known.
Changes the intent of the aggressors and usually they eject
I've found at my age that the biological attack must be closely monitored so as to not release more 'stream' than 'jet'.
I'm not a fan of surprises...especially not 10 miles away from home. :oops:

I've found at my age that the biological attack must be closely monitored so as to not release more 'stream' than 'jet'.
I'm not a fan of surprises...especially not 10 miles away from home. :oops:
Absolutely Brother ! Systems need to be stable ,and if in question I revert to a steady and assorted verbal chaff that is precision in aim and intent.

Latest posts

Back