Awright...I gotta p i ss moan and complain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 years ago, it took the surgeons in this backwoods town I live in 19 days and three attempts to remove my sigmoid colon because of diverticulitis. It certainly has changed my life but now, after the 10 years past, I have no issues releasing everything in the morning when I get up. The doctor did say I was one of the few patients he’s had they did not have hemorrhoids and I’m fine with that… nobody talks about the side effects of getting old when you were young. What a nasty surprise… had I known what I know now about the bodies ability to fall apart, but still function. I would’ve probably played harder and got closer to the edge…

10 years ago, it took the surgeons in this backwoods town I live in 19 days and three attempts to remove my sigmoid colon because of diverticulitis. It certainly has changed my life but now, after the 10 years past, I have no issues releasing everything in the morning when I get up. The doctor did say I was one of the few patients he’s had they did not have hemorrhoids and I’m fine with that… nobody talks about the side effects of getting old when you were young. What a nasty surprise… had I known what I know now about the bodies ability to fall apart, but still function. I would’ve probably played harder and got closer to the edge…
Did you require the need for a stoma bag?

they wanted to but after seeing Linda with one I refused...I don't want or need another hole in me when all the plumbing works fine...due to not being fed for 19 days I had little in me to make me ****...
I decided to mix it up a little today, gonna smoke a joint after taking a mushroom and head out back to play mechanic...should be an interesting afternoon...;)

From my earliest years, I recall my old man suffering those dastardly danglers. He kept a jar of Noxzema everywhere he went. I'm fortunate to have experienced only a couple very brief, very minor flareups.

I figure if I'd known I was gonna live as long as I have, I'd have taken better care of myself! 🤨

they wanted to but after seeing Linda with one I refused...I don't want or need another hole in me when all the plumbing works fine...due to not being fed for 19 days I had little in me to make me ****...
I decided to mix it up a little today, gonna smoke a joint after taking a mushroom and head out back to play mechanic...should be an interesting afternoon...;)
JACK STANDS!!! 🧐

Maybe you will get lucky and just have to pull the fan blade and hoses to get to that pump.

JACK STANDS!!! 🧐
the tires are on the ground...
Maybe you will get lucky and just have to pull the fan blade and hoses to get to that pump.
if you recall the early chevies had cylindrical shrouds that wrapped the fan blade...to access the pump the shroud that shares the same fasteners to the radiator has to come off as do all the heater hoses...I'm pretty sure they'll have to be replaced if they show any sign of dry rot...this is Elvis, the one I am working on today...
IMG_0555.JPG

if you recall the early chevies had cylindrical shrouds that wrapped the fan blade...to access the pump the shroud that shares the same fasteners to the radiator has to come off as do all the heater hoses...I'm pretty sure they'll have to be replaced if they show any sign of dry rot...this is Elvis, the one I am working on today...View attachment 343091

if you recall the early chevies had cylindrical shrouds that wrapped the fan blade...to access the pump the shroud that shares the same fasteners to the radiator has to come off as do all the heater hoses...I'm pretty sure they'll have to be replaced if they show any sign of dry rot...this is Elvis, the one I am working on today...View attachment 343091
Look like THE Batmobile for original series with Adam West

Knee-jerk reaction. Sorry. ;-)

I remember GM cars which had the radiator residing within the fan shroud - all one unit. If you had to do a water pump, it was either work around the sharp edges of the heavy plastic shroud, or remove radiator/shroud assembly as a whole so you could access the pump. Lots of mess, lots of work.

Nice looking car, boo. You show it?

'Cause I'm gettin' old, I reckon. Took my wife to the eye doctor today.

It's usually a 1-1.5 hour appointment, so today I took a book, which I'M TRYING TO READ! Ahem. Anyway.

Irony, is me trying to read the book in a waiting room with maybe 8 people in it, then three more come in and sit right close to me, talking very loudly about any and every little old thing, including the signs on the wall asking patients to refrain from talking on their cell phones because, as the VERY loud threesome noted...the office staff wants to KEEP THE WAITING ROOM NOISE DOWN!

I READ THREE PAGES. THREE. LOUSY. PAGES.

Okie Dokie. I'm done now. Maybe I need to step outside and damage my lungs a little. 😤 lol (thanks fer listenin' - unless ya didn't ;-P)
That is why I have Bluetooth headphones and over 400 Gigs of music in my 500 Gb memory card in my phone. I might get two calls a month cause I hate cell phones because I'm an unsociable person now days. But I love music. I put them on when I get up and take them off before bed. My wife used to get pissed of at me for it but now she has hearing aids that will play music and she's almost as bad as me now. Oh and I cant stand to hear people at the Dr. appointments. People annoy me.

Knee-jerk reaction. Sorry. ;-)

I remember GM cars which had the radiator residing within the fan shroud - all one unit. If you had to do a water pump, it was either work around the sharp edges of the heavy plastic shroud, or remove radiator/shroud assembly as a whole so you could access the pump. Lots of mess, lots of work.

Nice looking car, boo. You show it?
There’s not a whole lot of plastic in this car and absolutely none under the hood. It was a fairly simple and straightforward repair, but I have old man skin on the backs of my arms, and it scratches easily and bleeds heavily… being that I was by myself I ended up removing most of the screws from the shroud and replace them underneath the hole the radiator in while I removed all the other parts… when I opened up the box for the new pump I quickly realized it was not for a W motor. Luckily I didn’t paint it. I ordered a new aluminum one that will be in next week so I will get to work on another car that’s up on the lift while I wait for parts for the impala. Thanks for the compliment Jan, Elvis is probably my favorite ride of all of them…

I forgot about the shroud I have one on my 66 Tempest also
PITA

Love your car. I found a 1960 Cad in a barn that had been totally restored by someone crushed velvet seats huge fins and. That car was a tank. The front bumper was so heavy it started breaking the frame. I could take a freeway circle on ramp at 65 miles per hour and it wouldn't even lean. It was the coolest car I ever owned. Then my wife and I had a baby me at 40 years old. The car needed lower engine work lots of knockings and I had blown my back out so I was out of work for two years. So I had to sell it. I was so bummed.
Like this but turquoise.

Attachments

• 1961_cadillac_62_1597870599b6c5e8f93aad20200817_120010-1196678534.jpg
    1961_cadillac_62_1597870599b6c5e8f93aad20200817_120010-1196678534.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 0
The older cars had really heavy metal shrouds, but these newer ones are all made out of plastic and other composites that don’t hold up well… a 60 Cadillac two-door with definitely be on my list of rides that I would like to have but I don’t see me buying any new cars in the near future. I have a 1961 Brookwood station wagon that can carry eight people in the back behind the second seat. It has a 409 with a floor mounted 4speed…You can lift up the floor of the back of the car and put three people in the compartment and three people behind the second seat. The compartment would be good for the Goodfellas type of ride…😱

The older cars had really heavy metal shrouds, but these newer ones are all made out of plastic and other composites that don’t hold up well… a 60 Cadillac two-door with definitely be on my list of rides that I would like to have but I don’t see me buying any new cars in the near future. I have a 1961 Brookwood station wagon that can carry eight people in the back behind the second seat. It has a 409 with a floor mounted 4speed…You can lift up the floor of the back of the car and put three people in the compartment and three people behind the second seat. The compartment would be good for the Goodfellas type of ride…😱
WE use to use it to sneak people into Drive In movies

That is why I have Bluetooth headphones and over 400 Gigs of music in my 500 Gb memory card in my phone. I might get two calls a month cause I hate cell phones because I'm an unsociable person now days. But I love music. I put them on when I get up and take them off before bed. My wife used to get pissed of at me for it but now she has hearing aids that will play music and she's almost as bad as me now. Oh and I cant stand to hear people at the Dr. appointments. People annoy me.
I prefer to have my hearing attuned to my surroundings, not blocked by ear buds.
At home, laid back...lay some headphones on me. Oh, yeah. Out in public I want my ears open.
Don't be unsociable. Don't let people annoy you. That means the bad guys win.

Latest posts

Back