Awright...I gotta p i ss moan and complain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw. She don't wear glasses, ceptin' readers. Girl's Type 1 diabetic. They've done surgeries and been stickin' needles in her eyeballs and stuff, so she hopefully don't lose her eyesight. She wouldn't divorce me...who else is gonna keep her car up for her? ;)

(And...a certain trial in the NE did come up once, among the noisy trio).
My father-in-law gets the eyeball injections. He has had good results with the under-the-skin insulin pump and it has decreased the frequency of the eyeball injections. Best wishes to you and your wife. Diabetes is awful.

My father-in-law gets the eyeball injections. He has had good results with the under-the-skin insulin pump and it has decreased the frequency of the eyeball injections. Best wishes to you and your wife. Diabetes is awful.
She's on the pump, and she isn't really the greatest about taking proper care of herself as regards the disease. The latest iteration of pump/sensor seems to have helped tremendously, but she's had it since '87, before I even met her.
Diabetes is indeed awful. It doesn't help any that she stresses out big-time whenever she has to go to the doc - stress has a negative effect on her numbers. Thanks, oldfogey8.

My daughter was tested positive for Diabetes when she turned 16 years old and has been having a real hard time keeping it under control. I'm trying to talk her into the pump but so far she's now a fan of that idea. But I think she is getting closer to that idea.

and she isn't really the greatest about taking proper care of herself as regards the disease.
Yep. My FIL is a snacker. The feedback from the unit he has helps him head off issues. Hard to blame folks for wanting to enjoy life and eating what one wants is a big part of enjoying life. I am on blood thinners and I ‘cheat’ pretty regularly…

Yep. My FIL is a snacker. The feedback from the unit he has helps him head off issues. Hard to blame folks for wanting to enjoy life and eating what one wants is a big part of enjoying life. I am on blood thinners and I ‘cheat’ pretty regularly…
She's not a snacker so much, and she uses manufactured sugar instead of natural, only when she crashes.
No fruits. No vegetables. No juices. Just Jellybeans. Her idea of a salad is iceberg lettuce with croutons.
We've been married over 30 years, and I've never been able to convince her to try a piece of fruit or vegetable. Not even for the benefits of the natural sugar. Her diet is not good for her disease, but she persists.

My Hindu doc told me 15 years ago that I was borderline diabetic. I told him he was full of shit. I could tell it surprised him, so I went on to explain that he didn't have a clue about my lifestyle. The appointment I had for the bloodwork was at 15:00. I don't eat breakfast. I don't eat lunch. I had drank 3 regular Cokes before I'd gone to the office.
I told him to schedule me an early morning appointment and try it again. After getting the results, he had to admit that I was right and he was wrong.

My Hindu doc told me 15 years ago that I was borderline diabetic. I told him he was full of shit. I could tell it surprised him, so I went on to explain that he didn't have a clue about my lifestyle. The appointment I had for the bloodwork was at 15:00. I don't eat breakfast. I don't eat lunch. I had drank 3 regular Cokes before I'd gone to the office.
I told him to schedule me an early morning appointment and try it again. After getting the results, he had to admit that I was right and he was wrong.
What kind of Doctor checking your blood for sugars (diabetic blood test) does not tell the patient to fast 8hrs before the test?
Good for you Hippie, Trying to push more Big Pharms poisons down your throat.

But 3 cokes (reg with sugar) would have spiked your Sugar Levels
What was the reading 180 ? The Docs have no clue except how to bill the Ins companies

I bought a Diabetic cookbook for my daughter. What a waist of good money the recipes were the most convoluted recipes I have ever seen. And the food was shi*.

I bought a Diabetic cookbook for my daughter. What a waist of good money the recipes were the most convoluted recipes I have ever seen. And the food was shi*.
Low carb is good to help control diabetes. There are really good recipes not made from crap that taste delicious. If she loves pizza have her try fat head dough with coconut flour not almond flour. Its easy and 2 net carbs per slice. Most toppings are low carb already. Looks and tastes like real pizza without all the carbs. Tons of good recipes now.

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 0
Got the Hindu on another one. If I go in for something during the summer, he claims that I have blood in my urine and that it could be bladder or kidney cancer. He loves cancer. If I go in during the winter, no blood in the urine. He can't get it though his head that in the summer, I'm bouncing around on a tractor mowing at least twice a week, and we're talking just shy of six acres. In the winter, I sit in a nice cushy Jeep and listen to tunes while my left thumb works the plow controls.

Got the Hindu on another one. If I go in for something during the summer, he claims that I have blood in my urine and that it could be bladder or kidney cancer. He loves cancer. If I go in during the winter, no blood in the urine. He can't get it though his head that in the summer, I'm bouncing around on a tractor mowing at least twice a week, and we're talking just shy of six acres. In the winter, I sit in a nice cushy Jeep and listen to tunes while my left thumb works the plow controls.
I was going to ask about the tractor, are you having any changes in urination lately? Are you on blood thinners or taking daily aspirin , both could cause blood in urine.
But it could very well be Bladder or another Cancer.
Cancer is a shitty thing it travels around the body once it was in an organ of that body. In your case I would highly recommend following up on it this time, If neg then blow it off next time.
We Love you Brother and need you around.

My doctor made me come back and redo my blood work one time - he said I showed excess amounts of protein in my urine, so he wanted to redo everything.
Seems I missed the part in the pre-checkup stuff that stated not to engage in specific activities - eating and, um, 'getting lucky' among the rules to be followed. But hey...I'll take it when I can get it these days. :rolleyes:

Low carb is good to help control diabetes. There are really good recipes not made from crap that taste delicious. If she loves pizza have her try fat head dough with coconut flour not almond flour. Its easy and 2 net carbs per slice. Most toppings are low carb already. Looks and tastes like real pizza without all the carbs. Tons of good recipes now.
That looks pretty good, Jan. Has it got parmesan cheese on it?

Latest posts

Back