Baby Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr103

Reaction score
I have some plants that are about a week old and the first set of leaves are starting to curl down a little bit. The plants look healthy other than that, and I was just wondering if this is a problem or not. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Hard to tell with out more info and picks. Its like calling the doctor and just telling him i have a pain and not telling him where he wont have a clue whats wrong. How often do you water what kinda light,

Sorry no pics, but I'll answer what I can. They're in a 2x4 unit with 3-125 watt CFL's. The containers are 2 gallon pots. I'll try giving them more water. Thanks to all who gave useful info without the sarcasm.

A two gallon pot will take a long time to dry out. I water my 3 week old plants, that are in 1 gallon pots, once a week. A cheap moisture tester will help you a lot.

wow i water my babies in three gallon pots wayyy more often i have LOTS of arreation and a dry humidity inside most the time....all about environment!

lkbkr103

I have some plants that are about a week old and the first set of leaves are starting to curl down a little bit. The plants look healthy other than that, and I was just wondering if this is a problem or not. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Are the leaves that are wilting the 'seed' leaves or the first full set?

The 'seed' leaves will "curl down" on a healthy plant. They serve a short purpose, and will die off soon.

Water em, let the dirt dry out, (this will force the roots to expand in search of water), and then rehydrate the soil. repeat.

Hope this helps bud. Keep us posted.

:postpicsworthless:

We need pics (try posting this thread in the plant hospital) :)

The leaves that are curling down, (and now dying), are the first actual leaves, not the seed leaves. I have good lighting, soil, nutrients, temperature and air flow. There isn't too much humidity, no bugs and the lights aren't too close. This isn't my first time by a long shot, but I just can't figure out what's going on. I checked the soil moisture and it's fine. Anybody?

So your soil moisture is ok? hmm, Well i know from experience that it is very easy to over water the little rascals. easier then one might think. just keep in mind the actual size of the plants. they are babies. the roots at this stage are tiny as well, and can only intake so much water. i tend to notice the plants like to see an increase in their water supply as they grow themselves.

Latest posts

Back