Bad smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unseenghost

Reaction score
I have a problem. There is a smell like food gone bad. Ebb and flow with GH flora. Anyone??

u dident drop no burgers our fries in the grow room any where did u ?

If you can't think of anything constructive atleast make it funny.

No food ever goes in the grow room (closet). I found it to be the nutes or atleast I hope it was cause after I changed it it smells better

Do you flush your system? how often?

every 7 days. Since I changed it it smell normal and I did notice a slime on the res walls. But I started this out as a drip without anything to block the light out of the rockwool. Now I have them with hydroton rocks and it is a fuul flood and drain now.

Sounds like it can be a bacteria in the nutes also when you change your water you are supposed to wash the container with a mild bleach solution.

I did notice a slime on the res walls.

When you clean out your res tank every 7 days make sure you spray the res tank out with hot water once drained. Once you're done, wipe down with a paper towel or cloth and fill ur' up. This helps keep that slime away. Or at least it does for my res tank and I change it out every 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back