Been trying wet/ dry cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSTON BAKED BEAN

I have lots to learn!!!!!
Reaction score
when leaes start to droop they nee water right... have pics in grow j... thanks for help?

Or you're over-watering. Fun game, huh? Try lifting them and see if they feel light, as well as having the droop. When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to burrow down in there to see if there's any moisture. I keep a complete log of what I do on what day to what. After a few weeks, you can predict pretty well when a particular strain will need water by counting off days in your log.

Good luck.

Also, check for moisture/drooping leaves at the same time of day every day and pay attention to the temps too because many things besides neding water can make leaves droop.

UNLESS the soil is DRY fairly deep intro the pots, it probably is not under watering. We have a tendency to "love our plants to death" (like over watering) much more than we neglect them.

The other thing is if it is under watering the droop will get worse if you leave it alone, but if it is over watering waiting a half of a day or even whole day should show in improvement.

If you give them a LITTLE bit of water, what happens? IF they are thirsty they should perk up in just a few hours but if they don't improve, or actually get worse, then under watering is most likely NOT the problem.

PencilHead is absolutely correct about the log/journal/records thing.

Good luck and you're learning. Keep on keeping on dude.

Great smoking.

keep on keepn on broad........lol.....i gots no balls.... yes been doing the finger trick and they were in nee of water which imo and others make roots streach so all is good at camp bbb..... tomorrow im going on a mission a ph metter foxfarm soil what one is best??? also ff tb and a new LIGHT 400 convertable bulb system mh and hsp let the nugs grow... although you can grow some serious shrubs whith enough lummens i like em for seeds an first two weeks not i want the biger toys

BBB,

I stand corrected. My crystal ball is solid opaque, especially when it comes to guessing gender. No offense meant. By the way some of my les friends have the biggest stone you'll ever want to encounter -- in fact my straight daughter and ex-wife have some pretty large ones too. That must be from my testosterone rubbing off onto them -- because my machismo is usually the result of stupidity rather than hormones or bravery.

By LIGHT 400 convertable bulb system mh and hsp I hope you meant one of the dual mode/switchable/autosensing ballasts that let you use regular bulbs of either type. If I was buying new grow system lighting that is surely the way I'd go.

As to the foxfarm, question, it depends on what you want to do, feed the plant yourself or feed the soil and let the soil feed the plants. Personally, I feed the plants what I want them to have so that I don't have to guess what is available from the soil. For that reason I use either PROMIX HP or the original Black Gold because they have about as close to no available nutrients as you are going to find in a soilless potting mix.

On the other hand if you want to feed the soil,then I hear good things about both the FF and Newer Black Gold mixes, but haven't tried either of them..

Because my short term goal, that keeps getting pushed back because of finances, is to move over to hydro, I'm trying to grow as close to hydro and I can.

Great smoking.

I use FF ocean forest, mixed 2/1 with FF light Warrior. So 2 bags FFOF 1 bag FFLW. I also add a small bag of perlite, and about a tbl spoon per gallon of dolomite lime.

The Ocean Forest can be a little hot for some seedlings, so I start seeds in just the light warrior, and then transplant them into the OF/LW mix.

I also feed the full line of FF nutes. However, using the OF will usually keep a plant fed for close to a month at the least 3 weeks after being transplanted, so I use very little of the Grow Big, unless I do an extended veg time. If you go with the FF line up and have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Latest posts

Back