Beginner Grower Needs Good Advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

acet

I have just started growing cannabis and I read as I go. I ran into some problems and have some questions.

Current Setup:

400 Watt HPS Bulb (Veg State 24/7)
2 40 Watt Flourecent Bulbs
Fan built into the ceiling to provide ventilation.
Organic Miracle Grow Mix (I know, shitty but thats all I could get)
I used the 4 grow sticks (24-8-16)
I also use the all purpose plant food (24-8-16)

My plants are still in the Veg state but the stem turned brownish/dark dark burgundy color. The bottom two leafs dried up and died. Since I got the HPS bulb, the plants grew a lot but the leafs have yellow spots on them. I tried to check for bugs but I didn't see any. I am a beginner but I looked for a while so Im sure its not the bugs. Any advice, please?

I am planning on keeping these in Veg State for another few weeks before I begin flowering them. Right now the plants are about 4 weeks old.

Thanks for any help.

if you switch to a better mix your problems should stop. It sounds like nute burn from the soil. People don't like mg for a reason...

how often are you using the sticks and plant food?

slowmo77 said:
how often are you using the sticks and plant food?

turns out I was over feeding them. They should be fine now. Thanks a lot for all the help.

I don't know why people don't realize yet that MG is shitty!!! Do some research before buying nutes!! it will save u from destroying your plants. Some people use it and have great success, but most don't. Happy growing.

I would definitely switch to some better soil and nutes. You get what you pay for my friend. Get Fox Farms soil and nutes. They make some really great stuff. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Ah, you recognized the double whammy you were giving yer plants with both the stakes and other feed. MG isn't good for container plants unless yer gonna flush regularly with fresh water. Salts and other 'left-overs' build up rapidly with this stuff when it's used on house plants in a watering can type ( top-down ) feeding system. Works great outdoors since the elements naturally leach it away into the soil. If you water top-down then you should prolly try to use an organic type feed, like a compost tea which you can make yerself. Think of sun tea with rotting vegetables and such.

Yeah man, I stopped feeding them too much and moved the light very far away. Maybe 3 or 4 feet. The tops began to grow fast and they are very green but the leafs towards the bottom are still yellow. Is that normal?

Latest posts

Back