Bending Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
So this is my lil girl I bent really early. Is it ok that the stem is bent in a 90 degree angle right as it comes out of the dirt? First time doing this. What do I do if it starts growing towards one side of the pot. Can I leave it in the pot I have it in or do I need to transplant.

IMGP0808.JPG

IMGP0809.JPG

I just wanted to try a different method, play around, expirament. This is Velvet Kush, I have 3 more sprouting that I am just going to let grow without this method. Hopefully this one will be a female!

That is not a real problem but it was unnecessary to do so early. You would be better served to let the seedlings get about 4-5 nodes then snip the very top budding growth out which will cause it to develop twin top colas. Then let them get a few more nodes on those twins and then top them again to create 4 top colas. Then when they get up to 5-6wks old and are about 14-16" tall, you can then bend each stem outward, away from the other to form a X. You tie them over so that they are horizontal and allow them to grow out another week or 2 then flower them. One thing with doing this method, it will take up a lot of floor space but will produce some serious buds :D

Thanks Hushpuppy I will definatly try that out next time! I heard bent method makes good buds!

The key to bending the plants is to wait until they get a little bigger so that you can bend them to spread out the branches. This creates a lot of new bud sites(from all of the tertiary branches coming out of the main branches) that are all on equal level with each other so that they all get plenty of light. It also allows your plant to mature longer, which I personally think makes for bigger, better buds. I have heard of this as the candelabra method. :)

Do you think as of now I should not bend this one anymore and let it get taller or should I just stay with what I am doing right now?

just let her grow for a while. i know it can be tough doing nothing when this is all new and exciting to you, but its for the best when they're young. you can love them too much.

I really think you can bend anytime you want, its a tough plant, i have bent a seedling to 90 degress many times. jmo

Hey Royce
Check out my grow journal, I have a plant tied down very similar.
I let the stem grow to edge of pot then topped it, I now have many tops growing. My plan will be to veg her forever and when she's bigger and get transplanted all that stem will get buried and grow roots. I have other plants growing and will get bud before she goes into flower but it is going to be a fun experiment

Latest posts

Back