Best Ballast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time4Plan-B said:
Close The Thread Its Boring Me And So Are You Two
T4

Best quote of the year!

I gotta add that I run nothing but Mag ballests with no issues. I am still running old Diamond ballests that I have had for 15 years or so. I have had to change the cap in one.

imho, E-ballests are overated and surely overpriced.

I have NEVER seen anyone improve thier harvests because of E-ballests.

Why would you want to dim you lumens anyway?

Hands down the best ballast out there, hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-xtreme-1000w-switchable-ballast-p-2944.html[/URL]
240/120, switchable, lifetime replacment waranty.

Ive seen plenty electronic ballasts run hotter than these.

As far as the older inductive type go, hydrofarm make something they call thejxxp://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=3497"]powerhouse.
Copper coils are copper coils but what sets this one aside is that the transformer is located at the top, this is important because it tends to cook the igniter capacitor less. another thing i look for in a ballast is dual voltage.

as far as digital yeah i have to agree with lumitec as being an industry leader

Ginagin said:
As far as the older inductive type go, hydrofarm make something they call the

Copper coils are copper coils but what sets this one aside is that the transformer is located at the top, this is important because it tends to cook the igniter capacitor less. another thing i look for in a ballast is dual voltage.

as far as digital yeah i have to agree with lumitec as being an industry leader

Nice.

I've bought 20 lumatek digital ballasts in the last 5 years and so far I've had 4 burn out and one that didn't work on delivery. Most recently I bought their 600 watt dual ballasts....

greenmentat said:
I've bought 20 lumatek digital ballasts in the last 5 years and so far I've had 4 burn out and one that didn't work on delivery. Most recently I bought their 600 watt dual ballasts....

With a 25% failure rate, why would you continue buying these? Or have you found something more reliable?

Latest posts

Back