Best Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
I swear i'll never buy a thing from them again! They try to hustle you more than a drug dealer! I went there Friday and bought one of the display model computers(most powerful, $100 discount and $100 gift card, just in case you're wondering why the display model) and they treat you like idiots at the desk. The Geek Squad guy was just going to install $50 worth of virus protection and spyware and remove unneeded .exe files, without asking I might add, for an extra $120. I told him no and this dude took it personnal. He kind of "snarled" out, "Well, people that don't get it done usually come back in 6 months and have to pay me $300 to fix it." This guy is talking about .exe files! LOL! So, I tell him no, just set it back to factory. He does, wraps it up for us and we take it home...only to realize they didn't give us a power cord. I'm like, okay, i've got a couple extra lying around...no big deal. I turn the computer on...NO OPERATING SYSTEM!!! We take it back, tell them whats up with it and they say "we would replace it but we don't have anymore of those models." So, we ask for a refund. While waiting on the paperwork we run into the EXACT SAME COMPUTER(HP)...conveniently moved in with other brand(E Machines) computers. Lol. We take that one to the counter, tell them we'll take this as replacement and we can forget about it then they want us to pay for the gift card! Finally, we got out of Best Buy with a brand new computer for $100 less and a $100 gift card for buying it. They tried to hustle me and got hustled...lol. Still...after this i'll stick with wallyworld computers or something. Best Buy a bunch of hustlers and pimps!:mad:

I orderd two dvd's from high times over a month ago it took 3 weeks to get them shipped, I payed w/ paypal so they got the money the same day I ordered....this wednesday will be 2 weeks i've been waiting for them to show up and I paid for 3 day delivery...Never again will I order from them. I love the magazine and theyre online site rocks. Its too bad they shut down the online Q&A and outsourced the online catologue to a company called something other than Hightimes..Times are changing and Customer satisfaction is not the priority of the business world any more..Its all about sheer volume and the bottom line. I dont shop at best buy unless I have too, because there is no peronability there, pay the extra 20 bucks and go to a computer store that is owned localy...shop around a bit, talk to the person there and casualy tell him/her your name...come back the next day and see if he addresses you by name. If so than youve got your self a goto guy for your electronic needs, if not than move on my friend. HAPPY420 :bong1:

HAHAHA YOU GUYS SHOP AT BEST BUY! I worked there, let me tell ya, do not shop at any major electronics store like fry's, circuit city, or best buy and expect quality. you can get quality, but your gonna pay for it. they sh*t in a box and put it back on the shelf over and over until one customer stays with it long enough to have the warranty expire : )

Oh, I got a great computer but if I didn't know any better they would have screwed me. I got a $1100 computer with a bill off and a $100 gift card. Super fast and good for what i'm doing. They screw 1st timers.

BuestBuy doesnt hire somputer tech`s they hiree a geek with a screwdriver. Everyone whould learn to build your own clone. Most people are dumb and end up getting taken. Good for you man for standing your ground and not getting taken.

krotch said:
HAHAHA YOU GUYS SHOP AT BEST BUY! I worked there, let me tell ya, do not shop at any major electronics store like fry's, circuit city, or best buy and expect quality. you can get quality, but your gonna pay for it. they sh*t in a box and put it back on the shelf over and over until one customer stays with it long enough to have the warranty expire : )

I KNEW IT!

My girl and I are DVD nuts and because of the best buy rewards zone deal we usually go buy our DVD's at best buy. Well out of every ten dvd's we buy one or two of them has differant plastic wrap around it. It isn't smooth and soft like most wrap it is usually dry and brittle feeling and very loose around the case. Not like factory wrap which is tightly wrapped around the case. I always knew they were repackaging their returns and putting them back out on the floor to sell again.

Man thas brutal... i used to work for bestbuy via call center.... i can tell u that the company itself has good intentions... but the ppl that run the stores are f-ing morons... bestbuy.com is your friend... just make sure u get it SHIPPED to you.. and not pick the store... basically... you want to avoid anything having to do with the physical store.

You wanna get computer stuff? Tigerdirect.com or .ca amazing prices... and anyone (seriously, anyone) can put a computer together nowadays.

pussum said:
I always knew they were repackaging their returns and putting them back out on the floor to sell again.

Or u got cds I bought... ripped... shrinkwrapped, and returned =)

another "BIG" thing to lookout for when buying at the large 'chain' outlets...the software is many times "leased". Meaning essentially if your OS crash's(heaven forbid Microshaft Winblows would EVER do that) You don't "own" a copy. You will have to go purchase a copy of Winblows..and install it.
What is XP now?...a couple hundred bucks?...

Hick said:
another "BIG" thing to lookout for when buying at the large 'chain' outlets...the software is many times "leased". Meaning essentially if your OS crash's(heaven forbid Microshaft Winblows would EVER do that) You don't "own" a copy. You will have to go purchase a copy of Winblows..and install it.
What is XP now?...a couple hundred bucks?...
Soon Windows is upgrading to Vista. I also got a free upgrade when that comes out so I think i'm covered.:cool:

I got a HP Notebook for 4 bills at 5:00am the morning after 'Turkey day'.
..Wireless is awesome, free 'hotspots' are everywhere. For all you know I could be on the toilet in Taco Bell right now.:ccc:

i wouldnt know about best buy, i am assuming this is in the states? i also notice that you guys get the shop assistants trying to screw you. this is the case over here, Pc World is known to sell idiots super fast machines when all they wanted was to email their elderly sister or something. this is becuase of the comission. i never earned any comission as a pc sales person or techy, so i never screwed anyone, even if the company i worked for was under paying me way below the legal wage. i got my own back and got a server and a shiny Hp laptop for my missus ;)

Best thing to do as mentioned above: avoid stores, go online. Avoid Dell (seriously, if u wanna upgrade, it HAS to be Dell parts which are costly).

Over here i use www.ebuyer.com (it has a UK and US site)

hmmmmmmmmm...anyone tried running that "VISTA"?...
heee heee hee...best o luck.

Vista is ok, i picked up a beta version from micrshafts website about 6 months ago, probably never gunna use it due to the Trusted Platform Module that is inluded in Vista which is basically the ability for microsoft to check what you install and if it detects that the software you installed is not legit in the eyes of microsoft, it locks you out of you operating system and reports it to microsoft.

not nice

DrGreenThumb said:
Vista is ok, i picked up a beta version from micrshafts website about 6 months ago, probably never gunna use it due to the Trusted Platform Module that is inluded in Vista which is basically the ability for microsoft to check what you install and if it detects that the software you installed is not legit in the eyes of microsoft, it locks you out of you operating system and reports it to microsoft.

not nice
Surely you can turn this feature off. There are similiar reports on windows...you can turn them on or off.

Hell yeah hick linux is where its at :D

And just liek stated above turn that option off man haha

Latest posts

Back