Best LED for 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheck14

Jack of all trades, master of none
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a new LED. I think this will be my next upgrade. Not looking for most expensive. Looking for best all around. Price point. Heat dissipation. Obviously coverage. And power draw. I remember reading a journal from @gmo but can’t remember which light he runs. Mara Hydro something…
Also heard the spider farmer sf7000 is solid. Shoot me suggestions and pros and cons. Thanks!

Mars hydro FC-E 6500, or 8000. I have 6500, gmo runs the 8000. Both barely fit the 4x4.

I also have a 4x4 with two Mars Hydro SP 3000 which works very well. Two TSL 2000 would also work and are less money.

Bubba

Looking for suggestions for a new LED. I think this will be my next upgrade. Not looking for most expensive. Looking for best all around. Price point. Heat dissipation. Obviously coverage. And power draw. I remember reading a journal from @gmo but can’t remember which light he runs. Mara Hydro something…
Also heard the spider farmer sf7000 is solid. Shoot me suggestions and pros and cons. Thanks!
Nothing wrong with spider farmer either, solid choice.

Bubba

If you look at Mars Hydro, buy it directly from their site, not Amazon, etc. They have flash sales, 420 sales, etc. Plus discount codes are here, and most YouTubers reviewing have one. Cocoforcannabis is CCFC, I always remember that one.

Bubba

@Bubba what do you think about the Mars Hydro FC4800. They’re having a sale now and with the CCFC code I’ll save additional $
I don’t plan on going bigger than a 4x4, so this next upgrade will likely be my final light. So I’d def like a quality one I will be happy with for many grows to come…

@Bubba what do you think about the Mars Hydro FC4800. They’re having a sale now and with the CCFC code I’ll save additional $
I don’t plan on going bigger than a 4x4, so this next upgrade will likely be my final light. So I’d def like a quality one I will be happy with for many grows to come…
I just looked at the PPFD map. Not impressed. I’ll likely need to bump up to that 6500 you were talking about

Love mine. On sale the 8000 is almost same price.

Good reviews and measurements on ccfc site...

Bubba

May be large enough. Par patterns aren't everything. HPS doesn't pattern that well but works great. I would still use, but so much heat, even in cool tube.

The 6500 is strong. I run it 75-80%. 8000 even stronger, probably great with ço2.

Bubba

Note difference in FC and FC-E......

Bubba

That one weedhopper has is a great one. Not sure which model it is, 4x4 size anyway.

May be large enough. Par patterns aren't everything. HPS doesn't pattern that well but works great. I would still use, but so much heat, even in cool tube.

The 6500 is strong. I run80%. 8000 even stronger, probably great with ço2.

Bubba
Note difference in FC and FC-E......

Bubba
Looks like the fc6500 is more expensive. But has Samsung diodes and runs a little cooler? That might be my go to light.….?

Actually those Samsung diodes are hotter than the ones in the FC-E models. Those samsungs are in mySP3000. CCFC reviewed both, giving FC-E higher marks. Either one will be fine, I'm digging my FC-E, pretty sure GMO is as well!

Actually those Samsung diodes are hotter than the ones in the FC-E models. Those samsungs are in mySP3000. CCFC reviewed both, giving FC-E higher marks. Either one will be fine, I'm digging my FC-E, pretty sure GMO is as well!
I must of read the review wrong. I thought he said the Samsungs were cooler. The “E” model is cheaper so maybe I should go that route..
If you and GMO give it 5 stars then that’s the route I’ll take. I run no a/c units in my tent, just standard house a/c. The room is kept around 70 degrees F and the tent stays around 75-80 with the light I have now. I only have to control humidity. Standard humidity in the tent/room is 70% but I ran a dehumidifier to keep it around 50% for flowering.
So long story short, the 6500 would cover my 4x4 well, for all stages veg and flower?

I must of read the review wrong. I thought he said the Samsungs were cooler. The “E” model is cheaper so maybe I should go that route..
If you and GMO give it 5 stars then that’s the route I’ll take. I run no a/c units in my tent, just standard house a/c. The room is kept around 70 degrees F and the tent stays around 75-80 with the light I have now. I only have to control humidity. Standard humidity in the tent/room is 70% but I ran a dehumidifier to keep it around 50% for flowering.
So long story short, the 6500 would cover my 4x4 well, for all stages veg and flower?
Either one will be the bomb. You won't go wrong with either. My tent basically runs the same temp as when I had the SP3000.

Bubba

Either will serve your purpose fine, really. Get one you feel best about. I've fought humidity, heat etc, 60+% at 90 degrees at worst.

Expelling exhaust from room, and bringing in cool air keeps me about 45-50% at 80-84 degrees at hottest summer.
Wasn't going to grow this summer, oh well!

Bubba

Why not get the FC-E4800 and run at full power ??
That’s a good question. I was looking for full coverage in a 4x4. I want to utilize every inch of the tent if I can. I feel with the 4800 I may have some dead spots in the corners… i don’t know!!

Looking at par maps you are right. You will have more light in corners. As light is raised, numbers go down in center region and up in the corners. Lowering it raises the center region numbers, but lowers the corners.

Best par maps I've seen was SP3000 in 2x4, or two SP3000 in 4x4. See review on CCFC site .

That said, I don't think par maps are THE holy grail. HPS don't do so well in par map tests, but they work great.

Latest posts

Back