best soil to use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokeup1

Reaction score
after thinking it over..maybe its best if i start a soil grow first..so with that being said..what brand of soil should i use?..fox farms ocean forest?...what about micro-nutes?..tiger grow and tiger bloom?..will be dealing strictly with auto-flowering strains such as low-ryder..also..found a small hps kit for 91.00..i think it"s like 14 inches long by 10 inches wide and 5 inches tall..think its 1500 watts or something like that..any info you guys could give would be awsome..thank you..

Sounds like yual have gots a good grasp of whats out there should be an easy desicion fur ya. Good luck trails travelin pilgrem. Hope yual grows yur need in the end ;)

BWD

If you want to grow in soil those would be good choices for growing in from my experience. If you go that route, you will want to get some Mychorrizae which is microbes to help the plant get access to the nutes in the soil. I wouldn't buy the cheap stuff as you usually get what you pay for. Not to say you can't get good deals though if you look around. You need to think about the size of your grow space(square footage) and get lighting to fit that as opposed to a number of plants or cost. For example, if you want to use a 4'x4' space to grow in then you will need a 600wHPS for really good bud growth. A 1500wHPS kit for $91 doesn't sound right. I would take a lot closer look at what exactly it is before buying it. :)

Ive used FFOF on two previous grows with good results-my problem was cabin heat-reason Im looking at air-cooled.
FFOF is hot out of the bag kinda-so I held off nutes, but I'm thinking of doing possibly a 50/50 mix with light warrior or some other seedling mix on next one.

Keep it green!!

:48:

ODF

tokeup1 said:
after thinking it over..maybe its best if i start a soil grow first..so with that being said..what brand of soil should i use?..fox farms ocean forest?...what about micro-nutes?..tiger grow and tiger bloom?..will be dealing strictly with auto-flowering strains such as low-ryder..also..found a small hps kit for 91.00..i think it"s like 14 inches long by 10 inches wide and 5 inches tall..think its 1500 watts or something like that..any info you guys could give would be awsome..thank you..

They do not make 1500 HPS lights????? You really need to know what size of light you are buying as that determines your grow box/tent/closet size--most of us that have been growing for a number of years have a store-room of ill-conceived purchased. If it is a 150W, that is only good for about 3 sq ft or a space that is about 20" x 20".

Tiger grow and bloom are not micro nutes, they are basic nutes, that probably conain some micro nutrients. I am partial to GH Flora series of nutes.

i like fox farm happy frog!! Organic!! its the way to go . I also ad some things but thats my secret. happy frog!! i have always been happy with results

steve55 said:
i like fox farm happy frog!! Organic!! its the way to go . I also ad some things but thats my secret. happy frog!! i have always been happy with results

Why would you add things and then keep it your "secret"? I cannot imagine someone not being willing to share what they know with others here, especially when they themselves are asking for help? What is the point of that?

I used a Pro-mix x "Bumper Crop Organic Soil Amendment" blend last O/D season with stellar results. Fox Farm Happy Frog or Ocean Forest are both very consistent as well. IMO I would add pearlite to any of them.

My standard mix is primarily Pro-mix, Rainbow Mix, worm castings and added solubles throughout the grow.

Sounds more like 150 watt light lol. For 78.00 with shipping and handling on ebay I got a 400 watt hps so I would suggest looking around on there i see good light deals for around 80 bucks all the time.

Latest posts

Back