Beware: Police are pinging users of this site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trillions of atoms said:
its not illegal to look at mj....just to posess it.

True, but as soon as you discuss online your growing it, it becomes part of your online "record", and this site along with all of your other MJ sites and seed banks are all URL logged. :) So, yes, looking at it is legal, growing in some areas is not. :)

There is always 2 sides to everything. Some are naive enough to believe in "freedom of speech" and some know the truth.

Don't use personal info in public forums, etc. Don't GIVE the LEO a reason to investigate further. Remember, if you're in the states, it's not your LOCAL leo to worry about, it's federal peeps. They HAVE done online stings before.

OG went down for something similar, and they were located in Canada. Tommy Chong was busted for a similar situation and that was for selling paraphenalia.

So don't be fooled, everything's recorded and whether or not it's safe is up to YOU.

md.apothecary said:
There is always 2 sides to everything. Some are naive enough to believe in "freedom of speech" and some know the truth.

Don't use personal info in public forums, etc. Don't GIVE the LEO a reason to investigate further. Remember, if you're in the states, it's not your LOCAL leo to worry about, it's federal peeps. They HAVE done online stings before.

OG went down for something similar, and they were located in Canada. Tommy Chong was busted for a similar situation and that was for selling paraphenalia.

So don't be fooled, everything's recorded and whether or not it's safe is up to YOU.

Like i said, your IP is like your cyber fingerprint, it goes where you go.

You can always surf the web through encrypted means, but this requires both you and the server to have an active and secure SSL setup. Most new computers support SSL browsing, so its determined by the person who runs the server!

Nova

Heres the thing. Even if "they" could go on here and get everyones info. Who do you think they are going after first. I would say this is the order.
Big Grows in states with no decriminalization laws
Small Grows in states with no decriminalization laws
Big Grows in "legal" states
Small Grows in "legal" states
I mean if you are growing for personal and not selling and not on here saying you have 250 plants I think you'd be alright.
Do you know what it costs to bust someone with 5 plants. A lot more then what those 5 plants would be worth on the street.

That's just my .02 and my opinion.
Are there any cases of it happening to someone on this site?

To one of the above posters who suggested hiding your PC at a friends house, there's a much better/faster salution to the problem if you think you're going to get nailed for something on your PC.

Just grab a magnet off your fridge, and rub it up and down your hard-drive a few times :hubba:

-Cheers

md.apothecary said:

There was LOT more involved in overgrows demise. Gold bars, cocaine, motorcycles, high end sports cars, large quantiy of cash and seeds. Members going directly to leo websites and tauting them. Ignorance in it's highest form.. "IMHO"..
Even though, servers were confiscted, servers containing every members ip, email, and registration information, I don't recall a single incident/bust, that was ever tied to the OG bust. ...but it sure did make a lotta' folks run for cover.

Ultimately, "your safety" is your responsbility. We try to provide the safest, most secure environment as is plausible. But, quite honestly, there is little you or I can do to prevent LEO from determining your precise location, "IF" the truely desire.
The best advice that I can give, is 'don't give them a reason, the desire'... don't post or brag about big operations, sales, ect. .. keep it small, 'personal use'.. 'medical'... use an ip masker or proxy, if it makes you more comfortable(though IMO, some proxy sites could be inherantly more dangerous than you ip being logged here).
Routers and firewalls are also 'beneficial', but as stated, aren't foolproof.
Use "smart" surfing tactics. As was illustrated above, a simple google of your user name, can reveal incriminating and personal information posted on other sites. I've even seen folks post their "Myspace" page on here, which gave a name, address, age, pictures,ect.
Read the security links listed/posted above, and make your own descision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back