Bhc: Bong-hitters Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is our smoke session times? 4:20 on the hour?? LOL

• 4:20 east

• 4:20 central

• 4:20 on every hour

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
:bongin: on the :20

:bong::bong::bong:

:48:

:bong::bong::bong:

Good Morning BHC :ciao:

High winds here again:(

BIU
:bong:

:ciao: Good Morning BHC,
5 *and sunny
Rosebud, I don't know what kind of flora bundas I have. At their peak they were 6' tall and 6' wide, covered with white flowers and the thorniest plants I've ever seen. You couldn't mow the lawn without them reaching out and grabbing you. Over the last 3 years though they have not preformed as well, I guess they wear out over time. I'm thinking I'll replace them with 8-10 hybrid teas as annuals, either white or the sterling silver. I'm in USDA Zone 4, and the cabin is in zone 3 ( I wanna' put a couple up there as well)
Enough Gabbin', let's get to the Goodies...:bong: :bong: :bong:

Good morning peeps.

Coffe and bongs in order,,,,repeat.

Here are a couple of roses for you Cubby. distant_drums.jpg

iowa_belle.jpg They are zone 4. I only know the distant drum...It is the first one,it is a fun color and beautiful in person.I can't remember the second's name, but it is hardy to zone 4.
Heirloom roses.com they are on their own rootstock and if freeze out "should"come back true.

Good morning all. Sunny and cool here.

A friend and I are tearing into my kitchen today. We will be removing some cabinetry. It is a smaller galley type kitchen. I simply do not have enough counter space and it is dark--dark cabinets, dark floor, only 1 small window. I am pulling out a table height bar that runs at a 90* angle to my countertop.and will be replacing it with a slightly larger countertop height peninsula bar that is at a 45* angle. On the other side, I am also taking out a pantry and extending the countertop. This will probably take me a year.

So it is Satori and coffee to start the day and get my motor running. Won't you all join me? :vap-Bong_smoker: :vap_bong__emoticon: :bong1: :bongin: :bong:

I hope that you all have a wonderful day. You in the path of the storms--keep warm!

WOW, thg, a new kitchen in a year...nice. You will need lots of satori and coffee.. Have fun and I will join you.

Rosebud said:
Good morning peeps.

Coffe and bongs in order,,,,repeat.

Here are a couple of roses for you Cubby.View attachment 202569

View attachment 202570 They are zone 4. I only know the distant drum...It is the first one,it is a fun color and beautiful in person.I can't remember the second's name, but it is hardy to zone 4.
Heirloom roses.com they are on their own rootstock and if freeze out "should"come back true.

I would love to try my hand at roses. But do they really do okay in zone 4? It can get pretty cold here and we average something like 60-78" of snow a year.

LOL--The kitchen...well, it took me almost 6 months to get the bathroom done. As expected, the plumbing went very smooth and fast. However, I needed (and got lots and lots of help from fellow tradesmen and craftsmen on the rest. I would be their laborer. We trade labor like this alot among us here. I will have to post up some pictures--I am quite proud of how it turned out. Started out as your average (ugly) mobile home bathroom--you know, yellow sink, yellow shallow tub, ugly surround, etc. I put in a lot of wood. I love remodeling. Usually the difference is amazing.

These are canadian roses. I have not had those cold of temps. But they are rated for zone 4. Some are rated for zone 3 also. It would be a short growing season, I would guess.

The canadian roses I have grown have been great.

ThG, if I was going to grow roses I wouldn't mess with the hybrid ts, they are fussier. Floribundas have lots of blooms and aren't hard to grow at all.

Rosebud I like the second one, especially the form, is it a hybrid tea? Have you ever heard of the "Minnesota Tilt"? It's a technique for over wintering roses that will give an extra zone or 2 of viability.
THG, good luck with the kitchen remodel, and remember NO weed and power tools. A friend of mine was remodelling their laundry and cut her thumb off at the knuckle with a circular saw....OW OW OW. She'll never hitch hike again.

On the 30...:bong: :bong: :bong:

Cubby, that is Iowa Belle, and it doesn't list her class. 4 feet tall, could be a short hybrid or an average florabunda. She is pretty.

No I have not heard of the Minnesota tilt. Is that burying them under ground during the winter?

Rosebud said:
Cubby, that is Iowa Belle, and it doesn't list her class. 4 feet tall, could be a short hybrid or an average florabunda. She is pretty.

No I have not heard of the Minnesota tilt. Is that burying them under ground during the winter?

Not the IOWA Belle, I can't believe anything that nice could be named after Iowa. Do you know why the Mississippi River flows south?....Because Iowa sux.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah, the Minnesota tilt is that burying technique, I've never done it but have seen it. They just dig a trench, wrap the pruned/trimmed rose in burlap and push it over and cover with the dirt you took out of the trench.
Seems to work.

I have heard it works. People here used to do it for standard tree roses, with the graft up high. Our winters used to be much colder.

Word of the day is:

Satori:D

Will be taking clones of Satori

A Satori will be moving to the flower tent soon, again.

Thankfully I have Satori,I am doing a test run, for a new breeder and it is not looking good:(

I think I will :bong1: a Satori

BIU BHC :bong:

Rosebud said:
These are canadian roses. I have not had those cold of temps. But they are rated for zone 4. Some are rated for zone 3 also. It would be a short growing season, I would guess.

The canadian roses I have grown have been great.
That explains why they are beautiful.

Good Morning BHC:ciao:

BIU BHC
:bong:

pcduck said:
Word of the day is:

Satori:D

Will be taking clones of Satori

A Satori will be moving to the flower tent soon, again.

Thankfully I have Satori,I am doing a test run, for a new breeder and it is not looking good:(

I think I will :bong1: a Satori

BIU BHC :bong:

What's the word again DUCK? Oh yeah. SATORI!!! I am so happy you like it.

Good morning all,

Howard ate two socks, i pulled each one out of his little special throat. Howard is reincarnate of another dog we had, who ate socks. I never believed in that till yesterday.

The big dog gets his tubes out today. I hope that stops the dripping. Poor guy. He has been a real good sport and hasn't had to wear the cone of shame at all yet.

I am going to be moving some plants around today and that is a good thing, running out of room in the veg area.

I am vaping a little pink moma or momma this morning. Wish I could pass it to you all.

:ciao:Good Morning BHC,
4* and sunny, hope all are doing well this morning.

Rosebud said:
Good morning all,

Howard ate two socks, i pulled each one out of his little special throat. Howard is reincarnate of another dog we had, who ate socks. I never believed in that till yesterday.

Howard the sock eater.......he's not a poodle, he's a sockhound.:eek:

Best of luck to the big dog, bet he'll be glad to get past this as well.

Let's hit this :bong:, then I'm gonna' go count my socks....;)

Latest posts

Back