Big grow, Big problem, Big worries. Please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go

grow2.png

grow9.png

grow10.png

grow11.png

grow12.png

hello leanna---thanks for the pics---i was hoping to see more of the plants---anyway there is no doubt you will get different answers from anyone who responds to your questions on how you might deal with your issues---to answer some of your questions here's what i would do:

#1 i have heard of ductchmaster reverse, but would not use it because i am of the mind when you have a hermie it goes directly into the hash bucket---do not pass go do not collect 2 hundred dollars---any and all seeds from the plant are also trash

#2 pollen sacks release their pollen when they ripen and open just as a male plant would---only difference is your plant has female characteristics as well and it will seed itself

#3 any pollen in a grow is disappointing to me and i would not gamble on any type of filter to save the show---i say this because if you are going to spend all the time, money, and effort in a grow---why should it be anything less than your best effort---the chance of seeded weed is not a chance i am willing to take

#4 your vegging plants will not be pollenated---not totally sure on this if pre-flowers are present but, this is something i would bet on

#5 not sure i understand the question here

#6 seems you may have answered your own heart breaking question here---trash all the hermies they are not worth trying to save with bushmaster or otherwise---

how bout sharing some re-sized close-ups of the actual plants---nice to see you are in soil---call on me anytime---if i can't give you an answer---we can find it from someone else together cause i too am always looking to learn---green mojo for you---don't sweat the nay sayers they mean no harm just some paranoid stoners that don't like getting their chain pulled---glad you found us

A couple questions need answered...

Size of bud room?
Lights in bud room?

Welcome to growin' in Cali!

Girl, you got ALOT of reading ahead of you.

Just from reading your posts tells me that you are in over your head big time.
I am worried for you.
Now, don't get me wrong, it can be done and I applaud you for taking charge and giving it your all, but a little advice from the internet will not make you succeed in a grow of that scale.

I like a challenge, and this sounds like a challenge. So let's begin.

Let's talk Mother plants. You mentioned cystals on the Mothers...what do you mean by that? Did you take plants from the hermied Flower room and chop them down and place them back in the Veg room under 18 hours of light?

In any case, you would be better off going to BlueSky and getting a new Blue Dream Cut and starting a new Mom from that. Harborside has some great clone stock also.

Genetics is the first place to start. Ensure you have reputable clone stock, not from "dude" on craigslist or Budtrader

Lets talk about your light timers. What brand are they? Are they controlled by a trigger cord or are they Mechanical? You can just post up the brand/model.
Sometimes if a timer is triggered by a trigger cord, the cheap timer used to fire the trigger will go bad or just don't keep time correctly.

Flower room. My best advice is to empty it out and start over. I am sure you have folks looking at you to pull this off, so take charge and start over.
Wipe the walls and floors and light hoods with a light bleach solution to ensure all pollen is wiped out.
I would not worry about any pollen landing in your veg room, it will be dead by the time you are ready to flower again.

CO2. How is this being controlled? Do you run elevated temps and elevated PPM's in your nuit solution? If not, you are wasting your time and money.
In order to utilize CO2 properly, there are many things that need to be in order, or it will actually cause harm...great harm...to your grow.

What grow medium are you usuing? What Nuit regimine do you use?

I am down to help, as you posted one critical thing that I like and allways preach. You learn from your mistakes. Mistakes are common, folks learning from them are not. It sounds to me like you learn, and learn fast.

NorCal is the man you want in here. Extremely large scale. Glad he's chimed in. I'll be watching closely. I like watching people go through a learning curve while actually doing the work. Hope you have plenty of free time. You're gonna be a busy gal. I'm still learning myself, but hit me up whenever you need. Good luck to ya.

here comes the calvary...:cool: :D

if nch has the time to attempt to help, he's what we would call a saint among elite growers! it don't get no better! ;)

the only part of your entire help thread, to me thats disturbing, is the five partners deal you speak of...i've grown on a large field with partners, and its the fastest way i know to get ripped off, lied to, and cheated! yes, i've been around the block too! now i grow for ME, and share with whom i choose, and it's way more fulfilling when i harvest alone...;) :D

hope you don't have to find this out the hard way, as most of us have.

were here to help 24/7...
:48:

NorCalHal said:
Welcome to growin' in Cali!

Girl, you got ALOT of reading ahead of you.

Just from reading your posts tells me that you are in over your head big time.
I am worried for you.
Now, don't get me wrong, it can be done and I applaud you for taking charge and giving it your all, but a little advice from the internet will not make you succeed in a grow of that scale.

I like a challenge, and this sounds like a challenge. So let's begin.

Let's talk Mother plants. You mentioned cystals on the Mothers...what do you mean by that? Did you take plants from the hermied Flower room and chop them down and place them back in the Veg room under 18 hours of light?

In any case, you would be better off going to BlueSky and getting a new Blue Dream Cut and starting a new Mom from that. Harborside has some great clone stock also.

Genetics is the first place to start. Ensure you have reputable clone stock, not from "dude" on craigslist or Budtrader

Lets talk about your light timers. What brand are they? Are they controlled by a trigger cord or are they Mechanical? You can just post up the brand/model.
Sometimes if a timer is triggered by a trigger cord, the cheap timer used to fire the trigger will go bad or just don't keep time correctly.

Flower room. My best advice is to empty it out and start over. I am sure you have folks looking at you to pull this off, so take charge and start over.
Wipe the walls and floors and light hoods with a light bleach solution to ensure all pollen is wiped out.
I would not worry about any pollen landing in your veg room, it will be dead by the time you are ready to flower again.

CO2. How is this being controlled? Do you run elevated temps and elevated PPM's in your nuit solution? If not, you are wasting your time and money.
In order to utilize CO2 properly, there are many things that need to be in order, or it will actually cause harm...great harm...to your grow.

What grow medium are you usuing? What Nuit regimine do you use?

I am down to help, as you posted one critical thing that I like and allways preach. You learn from your mistakes. Mistakes are common, folks learning from them are not. It sounds to me like you learn, and learn fast.

Nor Cal Hal,

Nor Cal Hal,

Thank you so much for responding. Was up till almost 4am, just woke up, read your post and out the door to get the info and pictures you have requested.. I also need to feed veges and run a couple errands, so I'd say 2-3 hours. Thank you again.

Quickly, I'll scan back and answer a couple questions while I have my coffee
This forum seems to be as addicting as growing..

Here is some info:

OMRI COCO coir
House and Garden Nute feed chart at 50 %
Hana PH meter with bells and whistles H19813-6 (just now learning about EC,CF and ummmm??? I just woke up..:)
GE timer model 15132
Ok I know your going to laugh at this one: CO2 steady stream while lights are on. Manually opened at around 2? Just where I can hear it. Fan in front and behind cylinder pointed up because CO2 is heavier than O2 . Flap on outtake air opened... um.. when I feel like it. Was using the black hose thing, but got sticky trap tape all over it. Plan is to get necessary equipment to run CO2 at elevated temp of course 83-85degrees. Standard room temp is 77 day with a night dif of 4? which is 73degrees at night. That probably sounded lame.

4 1000 w hps air cooled
1 600 w hps
2 MH unknown wattage I stole them from my very large fish tank when I learned they were great for veges and they are.
1 sun master? 6 bulb florescent.
1 amazing 25-site clone machine that I built after watching a DIY on you tube. 100% 100% of the time
Ro water

Ok, now I really have to go. Will return with more info... Thank you thank you thank you.

orangesunshine said:
hello leanna---thanks for the pics---i was hoping to see more of the plants---anyway there is no doubt you will get different answers from anyone who responds to your questions on how you might deal with your issues---to answer some of your questions here's what i would do:

#1 i have heard of ductchmaster reverse, but would not use it because i am of the mind when you have a hermie it goes directly into the hash bucket---do not pass go do not collect 2 hundred dollars---any and all seeds from the plant are also trash

#2 pollen sacks release their pollen when they ripen and open just as a male plant would---only difference is your plant has female characteristics as well and it will seed itself

#3 any pollen in a grow is disappointing to me and i would not gamble on any type of filter to save the show---i say this because if you are going to spend all the time, money, and effort in a grow---why should it be anything less than your best effort---the chance of seeded weed is not a chance i am willing to take

#4 your vegging plants will not be pollenated---not totally sure on this if pre-flowers are present but, this is something i would bet on

#5 not sure i understand the question here

#6 seems you may have answered your own heart breaking question here---trash all the hermies they are not worth trying to save with bushmaster or otherwise---

how bout sharing some re-sized close-ups of the actual plants---nice to see you are in soil---call on me anytime---if i can't give you an answer---we can find it from someone else together cause i too am always looking to learn---green mojo for you---don't sweat the nay sayers they mean no harm just some paranoid stoners that don't like getting their chain pulled---glad you found us

Thank you for your help. Will be taking more pictures today and post them. Yay! This is wonderfull, it's like a book, just for me and all I have to do is ask a question. Thank you, thank you everyone

The stickies will be of great help to you as well, many of your questions will be addressed in there! Happy growing to you! And here :48: I think you're gonna need this!! :)

Now, I'm totally confused by this forum. Last night I spent a lot of time defending myself. Well, I followed through, now where are you? I guess that’s just the way it works around here. Thank you very much to those that were helpful and kind, I really appreciate it.

NCH---is THE MAN---you soooo lucky to cut your learning curve in half---he will definitely get you square on the co2---sorry i took the day off LOL---how bout them pics of the room, equipment, and clones so we can get an idea of where we go from here---what's up w/ vegas---are you moving the whole show there---

well leanna, nice to meet you. i have no exp in large scale rooms but im here for ya lol. support for the head when ur down. lol keep smiling and dont let the negative get you down. they are all jelous you have something they dont. read read read. & ask questions with lots of good pics. these people will help you with what you need. need good pics!!! for faster help. go slow and enjoy. good luck

secondly, leanna, you sound like you are doing a swell job of taking over this growing project. i know it can be difficult to just take over a job not knowing whats in store. some needed info that might be helpful is also how many plants are actually going on in this room. it appears there are about ten in the veg room and 10 in the flower...? this makes for a very densely populated room so pollen will be on all plants rather quickly. so chances are that the flowering plants are kinda (edit) POLLINATEDso we might need to get the drill out and work on some bubble hash and maybe some amber glass :)

thirdly, whats gunna be important is saving the vegging plants because chances are the flowering ones are dusted :( my personal opinion would be to isolate that room, however that may work and completely clean out your flower room (chop the plants and wipe the room down, which should be done every six months anyway)

leanna it appears your doing a great job and many people appreciate all the work your doing, keep it up ;)

see what you started Roddy:(

Yeah, no one's ever done this before.....I'm a monster :rofl: :rofl: But seriously, I'd have thought the filters woulda caught that one!??

Thanks for the info. I am a MJ Passion morning guy most of the time, as I am out the door and 100 miles and running everyday. I will try to respond as fast as I can.

The GE Timer seems to be cool, I personally have never used one, but I see no issue with it, that should be fine.

So your usuing H&G Coco nuit line. I have never used it, but once you learn ppm then pretty much any nuit line should work fine.
One thing I noticed was that you use R/O water. Whenever usuing RO water, you MUST add Silicate and CalMag BEFORE any other nuits. There are a few different CalMag nuits out there, so mabey someone could chime in what works best with H&G nuits.

I am a little scared to offer nuit advice usuing Coco, as I have never ran coco. I have heard and seen too many horror stories about Coco. I see alot of inconsistencies with that medium. Sometimes folks hit it good, and other times thier plants burn up. All I can say is ensure you have Calmag added to your mix when running RO, I can't stress this enough.

Man, I almost want to say don't run CO2 the first run. It would benefit you more if you pulled out one click without it and ensure that you can control all the room conditions first, such as Temp/Humidity. This is a MUST.
Your day temps of 77 is great, and a 4 degree swing is ok. I like a good 10 degree swing from day to night myself. Humidity should be around 60 for veg and first 2 weeks of flower, then drop the humidity to 50. Only panic if the humidity is higher then 65 during flower.

If you think you have a good handle on your nuits and understand PPM's AND have the room dialed, then CO2 would benefit. I personally have been running CO2 only during Veg and the first 3-4 weeks of flower, then I go back to atmospheric elevations (around 400 ppm).

So, before we go further, Are you going to start over with a new batch of clones? This would be a great start then tryin' to bring back to health messed up plants...trust me. You will save more time and money by starting new, weather it be clones you have taken or new ones you bought.

I have an article about CO2 somewhere on the boards here, that would be a good read I think.

More to come.

Here's the link to the co2 tread that NorCal put up. It's a great read.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58680

That's a good start. I'll look for some coco threads on another forum that has a lot of coco growers. I don't know who the coco experts are here. I'm a dirt man. I think there is a coco thread here somewhere. I'll look to see if I can find it.

Latest posts

Back