Big grow, Big problem, Big worries. Please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much. Just figured out out to post some pictures that you can actually see. Stay, tuned. Thank you again to both of you.
TheKlonedRanger said:
Here's the link to the co2 tread that NorCal put up. It's a great read.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58680

That's a good start. I'll look for some coco threads on another forum that has a lot of coco growers. I don't know who the coco experts are here. I'm a dirt man. I think there is a coco thread here somewhere. I'll look to see if I can find it.

I really do appreciate that you are taking the time to help me. You are very well respected around here and this is so cool... YAY!

Look for pix by morning, and some more info. I'll also read the link. Thank you.

NorCalHal said:
Thanks for the info. I am a MJ Passion morning guy most of the time, as I am out the door and 100 miles and running everyday. I will try to respond as fast as I can.

The GE Timer seems to be cool, I personally have never used one, but I see no issue with it, that should be fine.

So your usuing H&G Coco nuit line. I have never used it, but once you learn ppm then pretty much any nuit line should work fine.
One thing I noticed was that you use R/O water. Whenever usuing RO water, you MUST add Silicate and CalMag BEFORE any other nuits. There are a few different CalMag nuits out there, so mabey someone could chime in what works best with H&G nuits.

I am a little scared to offer nuit advice usuing Coco, as I have never ran coco. I have heard and seen too many horror stories about Coco. I see alot of inconsistencies with that medium. Sometimes folks hit it good, and other times thier plants burn up. All I can say is ensure you have Calmag added to your mix when running RO, I can't stress this enough.

Man, I almost want to say don't run CO2 the first run. It would benefit you more if you pulled out one click without it and ensure that you can control all the room conditions first, such as Temp/Humidity. This is a MUST.
Your day temps of 77 is great, and a 4 degree swing is ok. I like a good 10 degree swing from day to night myself. Humidity should be around 60 for veg and first 2 weeks of flower, then drop the humidity to 50. Only panic if the humidity is higher then 65 during flower.

If you think you have a good handle on your nuits and understand PPM's AND have the room dialed, then CO2 would benefit. I personally have been running CO2 only during Veg and the first 3-4 weeks of flower, then I go back to atmospheric elevations (around 400 ppm).

So, before we go further, Are you going to start over with a new batch of clones? This would be a great start then tryin' to bring back to health messed up plants...trust me. You will save more time and money by starting new, weather it be clones you have taken or new ones you bought.

I have an article about CO2 somewhere on the boards here, that would be a good read I think.

More to come.

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4270.JPGThis is the very last of the plants right before I choped them down and hung them to dry.

The close ups will forever remind me of what could have been. It's ok though, I know more now than I did.

Amber Glass has been suggested, but that's for someone else to do. I don't want to know a thing about it, actually.
My pea brain has been far to overloaded for the last three months, there is only so much room, then I start losing phone numbers and stuff.

Orange Sunshine,

Well I was responding to your post with quite a bit of info, my finger hit a button on the keyboard, poof, gone… I was basically telling you that, I learn best from my mistakes, jump right into things and learn along the way, I’m open to any and all suggestions and realize I don’t know anything. But, before I hear or learn this vital information, I think I can try it my way, when my way is usually wrong.

With that being said, there are a few things I left out last night that might shed more light (disruptive light) on my situation.

All previous grows came from very healthy, very female Mothers, no problems what so ever. Although, the lights were never disrupted, I did stress them out a couple of times. Once, when I accidentally left the A/C off, the outtake air off, and fell asleep for 4 hours. Sure, I had CO2 running, but the temp only rose to 117 degrees. That’s ok, right? Kidding. Believe it or not, the plants turned out to be fine.
So, all was well, until I decided to rescue some plants from a friend. He assured me that they were all female. Long story short, the one that I call Brutus, White Widow I believe, was the initial Hermie contributor. Brutus had huge stock, beautiful leaves, and was the first to display the dreaded seedpods.

I figured out how to post some pictures that you can actually see. More to come. Thanks for the help as well.

orangesunshine said:
hello leanna---thanks for the pics---i was hoping to see more of the plants---anyway there is no doubt you will get different answers from anyone who responds to your questions on how you might deal with your issues---to answer some of your questions here's what i would do:

#1 i have heard of ductchmaster reverse, but would not use it because i am of the mind when you have a hermie it goes directly into the hash bucket---do not pass go do not collect 2 hundred dollars---any and all seeds from the plant are also trash

#2 pollen sacks release their pollen when they ripen and open just as a male plant would---only difference is your plant has female characteristics as well and it will seed itself

#3 any pollen in a grow is disappointing to me and i would not gamble on any type of filter to save the show---i say this because if you are going to spend all the time, money, and effort in a grow---why should it be anything less than your best effort---the chance of seeded weed is not a chance i am willing to take

#4 your vegging plants will not be pollenated---not totally sure on this if pre-flowers are present but, this is something i would bet on

#5 not sure i understand the question here

#6 seems you may have answered your own heart breaking question here---trash all the hermies they are not worth trying to save with bushmaster or otherwise---

how bout sharing some re-sized close-ups of the actual plants---nice to see you are in soil---call on me anytime---if i can't give you an answer---we can find it from someone else together cause i too am always looking to learn---green mojo for you---don't sweat the nay sayers they mean no harm just some paranoid stoners that don't like getting their chain pulled---glad you found us

a close up of brutus would be helpful so we can tell if it is actually a hermaphodite or not---if all the other plants came from good stalk and female they did not turn hermie---they just got pollenated and can be saved---

live and learn---be extra careful of taking in strays

Hi Orange Sunshine,

Damn. Can't show a close up of Brutus, gave her/ him to a friend. Probably very dry by now, but maybe, I'll call and see if I can swing by there and take a look. I do know one thing; you are absolutely right about the other females being pollinated. I kind of knew that, but it wasn't quite clicking. I kept saying, " my whole crop turned Hermie". Since you clarified that, I see it in a new perspective and how incredibly lame that sounded, thank you. I can tell you, Brutus was the one sitting directly under the 600 w hps for hours and hours, when the other 1000 w hps had shut off. It was my fault, but I can tell you that I will not be relying on anyone except myself when it comes to the grow house. Brutus was also the one that I noticed the seedpods on first. She/ he was removed immediately, but it was too late and the other females had been pollinated.. What do you mean by "can be saved"?

Here are some random pictures of my last grow.

orangesunshine said:
a close up of brutus would be helpful so we can tell if it is actually a hermaphodite or not---if all the other plants came from good stalk and female they did not turn hermie---they just got pollenated and can be saved---

live and learn---be extra careful of taking in strays

phone pix 899.jpg

phone pix 925.jpg

phone pix 948.jpg

I am not sure what other info you are looking for. Were you going to start over with a new batch of clones?

KingKahuuna said:
Well there it is,

I think that I have heard about enough.

Someone joins in, and openly mentions a problem, and that they desire some help. What they are met with was at best embarrassing. Most of what I read was open sarcasm, and out right attempts at sticking a foot out trying to trip someone.
I have apologized to this person for this rotten behavior, and I am sure that I won't see this sort of thing again.
First idiot that tries this stuff again will be bounced period, don't try me on this guys, you have embarrassed yourselves enough. You guys need to reread rules #2 and #5.... #3 wouldn't do you guys any harm either.

KingKahuuna:rant:

Welp, I have some time to think on this, and I'm gonna just go ahead and roll on out of here. IMO, a moderator should set the example. This post is insulting, disrespectful and name calling. Mine was clear, honest and straight forward.

Now I remember why I left last time. The head mod around here doesn't follow his own rules and is a hypocrite on THE highest order.

If this is a "large grow operation", maybe you should look around here a little bit and do some reading Missy. Nothing more than a few little plants is all i see. Looks like if you have 5 people to "report" too, you got problems.
Jus say'in........

engneer said:
Welp, I have some time to think on this, and I'm gonna just go ahead and roll on out of here. IMO, a moderator should set the example. This post is insulting, disrespectful and name calling. Mine was clear, honest and straight forward.

Now I remember why I left last time. The head mod around here doesn't follow his own rules and is a hypocrite on THE highest order.

:huh: .....:ciao:

If you were put in charge of a big grow op, harboring very little experience growing. Then you are being used.

The reason your in charge, is because the people who you report too have warrants or are wanted. They're using you for a failsafe, someone to take the fall, if something happens. And if there letting a notice grower be in charge of the crop, then the likely hood of something happening is high.

Wow, great story. Maybe you should invest your time writing fiction novels. You really couldn't be more incorrect. But, thanks for trying.

In the Woods said:
If you were put in charge of a big grow op, harboring very little experience growing. Then you are being used.

The reason your in charge, is because the people who you report too have warrants or are wanted. They're using you for a failsafe, someone to take the fall, if something happens. And if there letting a notice grower be in charge of the crop, then the likely hood of something happening is high.

In the woods im sure you meant novice and i agree to an extent but Leanna has a couple of grows under her belt and she sure looked like an adult when i 1st saw her avatar before she decided to change it to an avatar of her cat.
My liitle joke for the day folks.
So coco growing Leanna any questions just fire away ive been growing in coco for over 2 years constantly now and never had one problem except flooding my attic many times.
Pmsl.
T4

In the woods is just hatin'. Noone trusts him with a grow :(

Hick now my little funny is not.
Lol
Hi nch i was thinking of asking in da woods to oversee my grow as im a wanted man alas only by my wife and family.
T4

Mountain man,

If you had read my post correctly, you would have realized that it said; " well, this is the last of them"

It's all relative anyway. Isn't it? I consider, 50 plants in 5 gal pots, to be a very large grow. While, there are some on this forum who could do that standing on their heads and think it's very small time.

I am not trying to impress anyone here, just learn. And, with the help of a few very nice people, who took my post at face value, I have learned. Someday down the line, I may help someone out, like they have helped me. Thank you for trying to enlighten me though. Oh, one more thing... Please do not call me "Missy".
My name is Leanna.

mountain man said:
If this is a "large grow operation", maybe you should look around here a little bit and do some reading Missy. Nothing more than a few little plants is all i see. Looks like if you have 5 people to "report" too, you got problems.
Jus say'in........

Time4 plan -B.

Thank you for your kind words. As a matter of a fact, I am an adult and I don't even live with a bunch of ex-cons. :)
I certainly will ask some questions, that's why I love this forum so much. First, it was a challenge for me. How could I use complete kindness to defend myself, without giving in or being nasty? I think I did very well, thank you. Oh, it was a lot of fun too. Just one thing though, I have done nothing but tend to the plants for the last few months, I almost feel guilty because I'm having such a great time here. Almost.. hehe.

Thank you again for offer. I'll be posting some pictures today of my complete start over... Stay tuned

Time4Plan-B said:
In the woods im sure you meant novice and i agree to an extent but Leanna has a couple of grows under her belt and she sure looked like an adult when i 1st saw her avatar before she decided to change it to an avatar of her cat.
My liitle joke for the day folks.
So coco growing Leanna any questions just fire away ive been growing in coco for over 2 years constantly now and never had one problem except flooding my attic many times.
Pmsl.
T4

Thank you NorCalHal,

I appreciate you having my back. I think I can handle it though, if anyone gets out of line, I'll just kill em with kindness. It's so funny how that just stops people in their tracks.

Look for pictures in a couple hours k? Yay!!! Starting over can be cool, it's all how you look at it..

NorCalHal said:
In the woods is just hatin'. Noone trusts him with a grow :(

Latest posts

Back