Big Mikes $1000000 challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySouth

puff,puff...pass
Reaction score
Advanced Nutrience is offering $1000000 to ANY grow company to fly to Bulgaria(they can LEGALLY GROW there) and starting from scratch,hard wire,build the sysyem(up to the other company)and choose the medium.He will only use products(advanced only) "openly"@ hydro stores and they can use anything(except Advanced).
Damn what do you guys think?

awww.GrowersUnderground.com/MillionDollarChallenge

I dont even think they will accept the challenge,do you?

I tried that link but it didn't work. I was able to find the video on their site.
hxxp://www.growersunderground.com/blog/hydroponics-articles/kicked-in-the-nuts

change the xx to tt

I can't imagine anyone would take the challenge, but you never know. Some people are arrogant. Has any one used the advanced nutrients products? I have just recently heard of them in HT mag.

I have piranha tarantula vodoo barricade b52 budcandy and overdrive.Started using on seedlings,now bigger than than clones and growing 2 weeks b4 clones rooted.Roots are very large,will let yall know more as I introduce their goodies atfer I clone these seedlings.Might just use now,only in 2nd week of flower,might just do that w/ 1 table and see?

Not to be a bummer but i think you should think of a few things 1st such as;

What rights do you have in bulgaria ?
What if a gang or whatever comes and takes yuor stuff?
where would you grow? you own NO land there?
It sounds good but in reality when in a foreign country, your subject to locals !!!!!!!!!
Hey, good luck to you though.......................

Well I think there are some here that could give him a run for his money. They're not "the good ole boys". but they sure can grow. Since Big Mike gives them the right to pick any nutes they want. It wouldn't be hard to copy AN products to a "T", JUST a heck of a lot cheaper. If you could pick the genetics too. Hmmmm you might have a good show.:D

lame, advanced nutes are def nothing special, lol.

spending money on pricey nutes when all your plants need are the nutrients they are capable of taking in, priceless, lol.

Advanced is some decent stuff from what ive read, but it WILL NOT increase your yield.

Proportionately, neither will any other nute, The plants will only take what they need based off environment, cramming supplements down there throats is not only stupid, but a very good way of saying "i obviously dont know how to grow" and a sure fire way to actually slow growth potential.

Ill stick with my GH Floranova, im expecting 2lbs from a 1000w this round.

and to the guy that spent all that sweet jack on everything in the AN lineup, well, im sorry, lol, nutes do not make you grow better.

DirtySouth said:
I have piranha tarantula vodoo barricade b52 budcandy and overdrive.Started using on seedlings,now bigger than than clones and growing 2 weeks b4 clones rooted.Roots are very large,will let yall know more as I introduce their goodies atfer I clone these seedlings.Might just use now,only in 2nd week of flower,might just do that w/ 1 table and see?

Do you use any of their base nutrients? how bout Carboload, Hammerhead, Bud Blood, etc?

JBonez said:
and to the guy that spent all that sweet jack on everything in the AN lineup, well, im sorry, lol, nutes do not make you grow better.

I agree, BUT I really get a good deal on AN so, if I didn't then I would not use them, I am already committed now, so replenishing is all I have 2 do, and that is cheap...

yo rootbound, disregard my statement if you are using the AN line up according to the nutrient requirements for marijuana.

Do not disregard if you just spent the money because of hype!

Id like to meet one true grower that will say AN is the best, and Remo doesnt count, lol.

R00T BOUND said:
Do you use any of their base nutrients? how bout Carboload, Hammerhead, Bud Blood, etc?

Not yet.Very expensive.
To the guy who thinks nutes don't matter.Why not just use dirt and water then?

R00T BOUND said:
I agree, BUT I really get a good deal on AN so, if I didn't then I would not use them, I am already committed now, so replenishing is all I have 2 do, and that is cheap...

cool cool, i learned the hard way, i spent 200 and change on bloombastic, thats for one little bottle folks, and well, im sure it did something, but im not sure what:D

i really like GH FN, takes the guesswork out of nutrients imo.

oh yeah, and its cheap!

DirtySouth said:
Not yet.Very expensive.
To the guy who thinks nutes don't matter.Why not just use dirt and water then?

yeah, because mother nature hasnt been doing it for how long?

you just proved my point.

keep spending your money bud, Ill be dialing my grow.

JBonez said:
yo rootbound, disregard my statement if you are using the AN line up according to the nutrient requirements for marijuana.

Do not disregard if you just spent the money because of hype!

Id like to meet one true grower that will say AN is the best, and Remo doesnt count, lol.

I only started using it because I was offered a great deal to try it out. I only recently started hearing all the "hype" - this was something I researched for a long while. Like I said if I was not getting such a deal on it I would not use it

There is ALWAYS something better so< I will never claim something is the best IMHO...

Root bound, i totally get that.

Dirty, Mexican bud is bad because it is allowed to be seeded and is improperly handled.

I would venture to say that nutes are a very small part of the equation, keep spending your money tho, advanced will only grow monster buds that weigh 10lbs a piece, lol.

again, ill stick with a basic nutrient regimen that is every bit as good as advanced for way less than you are trying to spend.

real growers know nutes are the easiest to control, the rest is what separates the boys from the men.(environment)

good luck

if big mike got beat, that would be the end of AN. my guess is thats not going to happen.

Jbonez, read the Albrecht papers, it was written by a scientist from the 50's who was pretty much the father of nutrient science and TLO growing. He slams liquid nutrients but not because they don't work, because they cause soil inbalances and a plethora of other things when used in the great outdoors. He spends a lot of time talking about and explaining about soil conditions, nutrient uptake, and preposes a lot of theories that people are just now starting to come around to. He might be able to change your mind on this whole nutrients don't mean jack attitude you have. Its a pretty technical read so I'll understand if you just keep on keepin on with the attitude you have.

Personally it was an eye opener for me and really helped draw a line in the sand for growing styles, its inspired me to develop a system at home here for doing an organic hydro setup using soil to feed the plants and a hydro tray to water them. I can only imagine the headaches I am creating for myself but believe the benefits will outweigh the time that needs to be spent to achieve it.

There are plenty of people with all kinds of fancy letters after their name that would disagree with you and each other. Also just so you know, if you just used dirt and water that was void of nutrients, your plant would die but I'm sure you knew that to.

Latest posts

Back