big Question!! did i screw up badd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMachine90

Smokin' Good ; )
Reaction score
ok finding more about seeds i found that when planting your germed seed you want the taproot facing down, well i made the newbie mistake of planting it the opposite way haha.. well i just dug my one up and the taproot was a bout inch and a half long and no longer had the seed on it but still could tell where it was, i have replanted the taproot the RIGHT way this time, but my question is will it grow still or shold i just wait till my new seeds germ and do it right from the start?.. but if there isany chance it could be saved i really dont wanna throw it out as i saw that the root was definately growing.. anyone who knows would be alot of help here!

when seeds fall in nature noone makes sure they are faceing the right way. it wood have been benifical to put it tip down the first go but i wooda left it to nature after that but hey who knows maybe the will to survive is great enough to over come the set backs.

thanks thief, i figure i will watch it for about 24 hours and if nothing comes of it i will just start my new seeds, gotta love the learning lol.

if there was no head on it how will it grow,,, i would just wait for new beans to germ imo:peace:

I wouldnt have pulled it my self..I read the correct way to plant a seed is poit up 1/4 in deep. It grows up and then around the shell and then down into soil...unless you germ the seed to get tap root..then I see where you would place the root in first..But like the fell up above said..Nature drops them all over..I just place my beans in soil and wait..if nothing comes about in 4 days I plant new ones..never had luck transfering a tap root..good luck..and Glad you learned for the future..KEEP M GREEN

Lots of people (like me) just plant the seed in, without getting a taproot first. Somehow the plant just knows to go down to look for water. Don't dig anymore up. They'll be fine.

thief and The Smoker are right,

Seeds have been dropping and growing even before POTUS. Also in a strange sense we may be doing ourselves a dis-service. The critters that are out in the wild, (including plants) live by survival of the fittest or simply the best. Isn't that what we are looking to grow ? the best ?
This is getting too weird, but we need to allow natural selection to some degree, I say drop the bean right where your going to start it and stop fretting over it so much, It will grow. LOL

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

Latest posts

Back