bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin , spunom , SubGirl , DavidfromMichagan , and KindBud , thanks for playing And , if ya all send me an addy I will send out some consolation seeds to everyone!

just let me know what flavor please…

here is to a Groovy Day!

Big, what’s the difference in number 1 and number 4? You don’t have to send seeds but I’m trying to figure out why they are both labeled kinda the same but different. I don’t really understand strain labels yet.
also can you direct me to an easy description link of how they make feminized seeds?

Big, what’s the difference in number 1 and number 4? You don’t have to send seeds but I’m trying to figure out why they are both labeled kinda the same but different. I don’t really understand strain labels yet.
also can you direct me to an easy description link of how they make feminized seeds?
Here you go sub... and big I also would like to know the difference and which has the more potent diesel pine taste??

https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-seeds

And for those who don't wanna click and read this is how they do it...

Induce feminized pollen chemically (Recommended) – This is the professional way to feminize seeds and is how reputable seed banks and breeders create feminized seeds to sell to the public. Substances that interact with plant processes such as colloidal silver or gibberellic acid are applied to bud sites of a female plant when they start flowering. Bud sites are drenched daily for the first 3-4 weeks after the switch to 12/12. This causes a female plant to produce pollen sacs which release feminized pollen when they open up. This pollen is used on another female plant to produce feminized seeds. This article will give you step-by-step instructions on how to feminize cannabis seeds using this method.

1. East Coast Sour Diesel x Ogers Kush

the Ogers Kush is the male , ecsd the female

the seeds I planted were f1’s

i had 4 males and 3 females

i collected the pollen from the 4 males and pollinated the 3 females

these plants produced rock hard buds about the size of pool balls

the expression was more on the Kush side of things with earthy dank hints of citrus and light solvent overtones

2. Chem91 x (east coast sour diesel)

I took the pollen from the 4 males I had of ecsd x Ogers and pollinated two female Chem91 plants from Insane Seed Posse

these turned out to be a nice mix of both with the chem 91 side it has a fragrance of sweet fruity , Chem smells, with a hint of pepper and skunk overtones

and on the ecsd x Ogers side this plant leans again more towards the Ogers side

in either case there is the possibility of growing out different expressions because these are in the f2 stage where a lot of variation is possible , unlike something like an f7 or higher stabilized strandivar

I hope that answered your question

1. East Coast Sour Diesel x Ogers Kush

the Ogers Kush is the male , ecsd the female

the seeds I planted were f1’s

i had 4 males and 3 females

i collected the pollen from the 4 males and pollinated the 3 females

these plants produced rock hard buds about the size of pool balls

the expression was more on the Kush side of things with earthy dank hints of citrus and light solvent overtones

2. Chem91 x (east coast sour diesel)

I took the pollen from the 4 males I had of ecsd x Ogers and pollinated two female Chem91 plants from Insane Seed Posse

these turned out to be a nice mix of both with the chem 91 side it has a fragrance of sweet fruity , Chem smells, with a hint of pepper and skunk overtones

and on the ecsd x Ogers side this plant leans again more towards the Ogers side

in either case there is the possibility of growing out different expressions because these are in the f2 stage where a lot of variation is possible , unlike something like an f7 or higher stabilized strandivar

I hope that answered your question
Yes, I’m reading it again and again. The F2 vs F7 meaning like 7th generation being more stable right? By more stable I mean more of the genuine qualities of that particular mix. I’m reading it again now until I’ve got it. Sometimes it takes me a few reads before the actual light comes 😊

Yes, I’m reading it again and again. The F2 vs F7 meaning like 7th generation being more stable right? By more stable I mean more of the genuine qualities of that particular mix. I’m reading it again now until I’ve got it. Sometimes it takes me a few reads before the actual light comes 😊
I can’t wait to try this. We have a 4 plant thing in my state but I need to figure a way to do this one day. interesting learning how to mix the strains tho for sure.

here is some more reading for you

there will be a pop quiz this Friday 🤡🤣

the f2 express the recessive traits whereas the f1 are more like the parents

https://pediaa.com/what-is-the-difference-between-f1-and-f2-generation/

I love working through the f2’s because of the diversity of expressions , especially the recessive traits

it is a lot of fun to me to search for certain traits in a plant , whether they are fragrances or structure or mold and bug resistant , size of buds , color , etc etc

then I get to pick the ones I like and cross breed them until they are stable , somewhere in the 4th and fifth generation

I love working through the f2’s because of the diversity of expressions , especially the recessive traits

it is a lot of fun to me to search for certain traits in a plant , whether they are fragrances or structure or mold and bug resistant , size of buds , color , etc etc

then I get to pick the ones I like and cross breed them until they are stable , somewhere in the 4th and fifth generation
I’ll bet you have quite a record keeping system on all those traits. Do you use the computer or paper?

Good reading here for me gonna read it again later it’s slowly sinking in

my apologies on that link , my Horticulture classes were a long time ago and I’ve forgotten a ton of stuff

then I remembered the Punnet square

check it out , I think it will be easier to understand seed genetics

30617362-B2FC-4132-8025-A4B940099E4F.jpeg

https://askabiologist.asu.edu/punnett-squares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back