bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok peoples , here is the dealio

Africana is the big winner and is thinking about his choice of genetics.

Consolation winners are:

Kev……Chem91 x (ecsd x Ogers )

spunom……..he likes the Snow Leopard

kindbud…..ecsd x Ogers Kush

anyone else?….did I miss anyone?…..step right up!..nothing to fear!…everyone’s a winner!

Ok peoples , here is the dealio

Africana is the big winner and is thinking about his choice of genetics.

Consolation winners are:

Kev……Chem91 x (ecsd x Ogers )

spunom……..he likes the Snow Leopard

kindbud…..ecsd x Ogers Kush

anyone else?….did I miss anyone?…..step right up!..nothing to fear!…everyone’s a winner!
Thanks Big. I’m gonna hit you up for something special from your collection my next grow. Looking for some stink sour stuff next time. 😊great game tho with simple rules. Thanks for sharing 💕

For reference.

CONTENTS:
  • 1. Why are synthetic pgr's used?
  • 2. What are pgr’s?
  • 2. a. Auxins
  • 2. b. Gibberellins
  • 2. c. Cytokinins
  • 2. d. Abscisic acid
  • 2. e. Ethylene
  • 3. How are pgr’s used in cannabis?
  • 3. a. How pgr’s affect cannabis?
  • 4. Are pgr’s dangerous to humans?
  • 4. a. The dangers of pgr’s to the environment
  • 5. Are there natural pgr’s?
  • 6. Signs of pgr-grown buds
  • 7. In conclusion
If you’re a cannabis consumer it’s likely that at some point you’ve seen buds that looked like a rock and had an odd brown or orange color, if you’ve seen something like this, it’s likely that they were grown using PGR’s. Synthetic PGR’s are human-made hormones used to promote denser flowers and make plants develop short and bushy.

https://2fast4buds.com/news/what-are-synthetic-pgrs-and-their-dangers

We all want trophies. 😁
C3563CD1-2A7A-4E64-AC59-A664A180B6DB.jpeg

For reference.

CONTENTS:
  • 1. Why are synthetic pgr's used?
  • 2. What are pgr’s?
  • 2. a. Auxins
  • 2. b. Gibberellins
  • 2. c. Cytokinins
  • 2. d. Abscisic acid
  • 2. e. Ethylene
  • 3. How are pgr’s used in cannabis?
  • 3. a. How pgr’s affect cannabis?
  • 4. Are pgr’s dangerous to humans?
  • 4. a. The dangers of pgr’s to the environment
  • 5. Are there natural pgr’s?
  • 6. Signs of pgr-grown buds
  • 7. In conclusion
If you’re a cannabis consumer it’s likely that at some point you’ve seen buds that looked like a rock and had an odd brown or orange color, if you’ve seen something like this, it’s likely that they were grown using PGR’s. Synthetic PGR’s are human-made hormones used to promote denser flowers and make plants develop short and bushy.

https://2fast4buds.com/news/what-are-synthetic-pgrs-and-their-dangers
I’m sure I have some of this PGR weed in my stash from our last purchased batch. When I first looked at it I was excited to see something different and interesting. By looking at your attached paper, I’m sure it was grown with PGRs. Interesting read and weed… not gonna throw it away or anything because it has a nice taste and buzz action but good to know

im thinking about changing over to some naked soil like you use. I’ve noticed that FF nutrients and soil did a good job but each one of my plants seem to grow different even if from the same strain some grow fast, slow, very slow, some drink more, less… I would like to take a stab of treating them individual. There have been a lot of negative post about FF soil. I actually changed to FF frog soil after so many bad post about FF ocean forest which I used my first grow with no problems. Maybe I should stick to what’s working but now that I’m on my third grow I think maybe some plants need different care. Not sure either if it’s a good move not knowing anything about nutrients except for FF which maybe I could stick with but apply separately depending on each plant needs. Any thoughts? And what basic nutes would I need to start up?
btw, good morning Big, hope you had some good sweets to start your day 😊

I’m sure I have some of this PGR weed in my stash from our last purchased batch. When I first looked at it I was excited to see something different and interesting. By looking at your attached paper, I’m sure it was grown with PGRs. Interesting read and weed… not gonna throw it away or anything because it has a nice taste and buzz action but good to know

im thinking about changing over to some naked soil like you use. I’ve noticed that FF nutrients and soil did a good job but each one of my plants seem to grow different even if from the same strain some grow fast, slow, very slow, some drink more, less… I would like to take a stab of treating them individual. There have been a lot of negative post about FF soil. I actually changed to FF frog soil after so many bad post about FF ocean forest which I used my first grow with no problems. Maybe I should stick to what’s working but now that I’m on my third grow I think maybe some plants need different care. Not sure either if it’s a good move not knowing anything about nutrients except for FF which maybe I could stick with but apply separately depending on each plant needs. Any thoughts? And what basic nutes would I need to start up?
btw, good morning Big, hope you had some good sweets to start your day 😊

buenos dias Amiga!

nothing sweet this morning , I have to watch my weight 😂😂😂 moderation is the key word here…..so yeah , I’ll do the baklava , cherry turnovers , chocolate cake , and apple pie two or three days a week……right now I’m looking at a frozen strawberry rhubarb pie with lustfull eyes , but alas , this sourdough muffing with butter and honey will have to do!

so yeah , I got away from any soil that was pre loaded with nutes and went to ProMix several years ago and have not looked back

i like to add my own nutrients and any supplements after I see what the plants tell me they need

and like you pointed out , sometimes one flavor of plant will be a nutrient hog while the one right next to it is finicky and a pickey eater

i have a couple like that now , the Molokai Frost is a nutrient hog and wants more Nitrogen than the other babies (and some extra cal mag lol ) so starting today I’ll bump up their nutrients

I don’t usually recommend nutrients , I don’t know enough about them , so I stick with what works for me

my foundation for nutrients is simple….I’ve used General Hydroponics for years , mine is a simple 2 part regimen , Flora Micro and Flora Bloom , with cal mag , sometimes some,silica , sometimes some extra phosphorus…etc etc etc

heck , I even mess around with some time released fertilizers , Osmocote comes to mind

i also like Peters with the micronutrients , and Jacks

but mostly I stick with poo , like chicken poo , bird poo , bat poo , fish poo , which I either top dress the plants or make teas

simple simple simple

i know some growers who have at least a dozen different kinds of supplements and fertilizers and feed their plants on a strict timetable regimen ….and grow killer weed!

so it kind of works both ways and just depends upon the growers preferences and what they are comfortable with

dont get me wrong here , I’ve tried a ton of fertilizers and burned up a lot of plants in the process , it’s all a learning curve and a fun hobby!

so yeah , experiment around and find what works best n your environment and agriculture conditions

buenos dias Amiga!

nothing sweet this morning , I have to watch my weight 😂😂😂 moderation is the key word here…..so yeah , I’ll do the baklava , cherry turnovers , chocolate cake , and apple pie two or three days a week……right now I’m looking at a frozen strawberry rhubarb pie with lustfull eyes , but alas , this sourdough muffing with butter and honey will have to do!

so yeah , I got away from any soil that was pre loaded with nutes and went to ProMix several years ago and have not looked back

i like to add my own nutrients and any supplements after I see what the plants tell me they need

and like you pointed out , sometimes one flavor of plant will be a nutrient hog while the one right next to it is finicky and a pickey eater

i have a couple like that now , the Molokai Frost is a nutrient hog and wants more Nitrogen than the other babies (and some extra cal mag lol ) so starting today I’ll bump up their nutrients

I don’t usually recommend nutrients , I don’t know enough about them , so I stick with what works for me

my foundation for nutrients is simple….I’ve used General Hydroponics for years , mine is a simple 2 part regimen , Flora Micro and Flora Bloom , with cal mag , sometimes some,silica , sometimes some extra phosphorus…etc etc etc

heck , I even mess around with some time released fertilizers , Osmocote comes to mind

i also like Peters with the micronutrients , and Jacks

but mostly I stick with poo , like chicken poo , bird poo , bat poo , fish poo , which I either top dress the plants or make teas

simple simple simple

i know some growers who have at least a dozen different kinds of supplements and fertilizers and feed their plants on a strict timetable regimen ….and grow killer weed!

so it kind of works both ways and just depends upon the growers preferences and what they are comfortable with

dont get me wrong here , I’ve tried a ton of fertilizers and burned up a lot of plants in the process , it’s all a learning curve and a fun hobby!

so yeah , experiment around and find what works best n your environment and agriculture conditions
Well maybe I’ll first just Change the naked soil and stay With the nutes FF until at least they run out befor making another decision. So now I need to shop for dirt and perlite. I saw where you once grew in 100% perlite inside but I’m not ready for that yet but I do think I need to add more perlite to the soil as some of them don’t drink so fast. I love fast drinkers. What soil should I look for organic?

ProMix HP with mycos for the win

it already has extra Perlite

A7F34C17-45C4-4C24-BF6B-F746CDE2D346.jpeg

growing with straight Perlite indoors using 5 gallon buckets was easy and fun!

if I ever grow doors again I will go back to this method in a heartbeat , it’s a modified Hempy Bucket system and has given me way better results indoors than using dirt

2F83ADC5-702E-44B3-B7AD-7176E7A866EB.jpeg

1820B486-19EB-4EBB-B0F6-729F3173ED98.jpeg

it was a good year for corn
DE8D206F-EE52-4FB9-9F55-2F1ACC1CDE94.jpeg

ProMix HP with mycos for the win

it already has extra Perlite

View attachment 293806

growing with straight Perlite indoors using 5 gallon buckets was easy and fun!

if I ever grow doors again I will go back to this method in a heartbeat , it’s a modified Hempy Bucket system and has given me way better results indoors than using dirt

View attachment 293808

View attachment 293809

it was a good year for corn
View attachment 293807
Love the yoga pic. I’m gonna see if I can find the soil in my area. Have a great day big. 😎

Big. When you grew in 5 gallon buckets with straight perlite with no Soil, how did you keep them watered? I would think the water would run off too fast.
Love the idea though.

good question Weed

drill a hole 2 or 3 inches up from the bottom

fill buckets with nutrients until the water starts to come out the holes

this is a foolproof way to not overwater….ever

once the roots find that reservoir of nutrients , hang on cause it’s off to the races!

it’s sort of a passive hydro grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back