Black strap molasses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i_love_amsterdam

Professional Bong Hitter
Reaction score
I'm definitely wanting to use some of this but i'm not sure where I could buy it. What kind of store could I find this at? (grocery store, wal-mart, etc.?) Also I'm 3 weeks into flower, would it be a good time to start using this and do I still give other nutes along with it?

I think that I was able to find it in the local grocer. It is a common brand, shouldn't be difficult.
Look on the Resource page for "Magic Molasses" link. It will give you the info you're seeking, I believe. :D

Adding to his question and my Flavor question... I also hear Black Strap Molasses will give ur bud a sweet taste... If ya dont mind.. Answer this while answering Amsterdam.. I'm about 2 weeks in Am and I was gonna be asking the same question pretty soon...

You can get it at the grocery store. Yes, two or three weeks into flower would be a fine time to start using it, and yes, you should still add other nutes if you have them. Personally, and I'm no expert grower, but if you want one person's opinion, I add molasses to my water even on waterings where I'm not using other nutes. And while I haven't smoked any molasses fed weed, I can tell you that since I've been feeding my plant molasses it definitely SMELLS sweeter. I have read other people on the board say that it tastes sweeter as well.

You can even use a little before you flower. I have read that blackstrap feeds the micro-organism's in the soil responsible for nutrient breakdown. I use it a few times during veg and every other week during flower. As far as taste, haven't noticed anything at all.

in between feedings of nutes i just do plain water. big jug bout 6 or 7 gallons i put in 1/2 cup plain corn syrup not mollasses and 2tbsp of epsom salts. i do this for all them now but at first i started on just four and 2 of the 4 i got in full bud right now that got this waterin regimen and stanky B's. almost a fruity smell compared to the other 2 that i do regular water and epsom salt on in between nute feedings. who knows for sure but it could be the strain or somethinelse cuz they all bagseeds from a number of different good bags.
either way it obviously aint hurtin them any tho for sure.

Latest posts

Back