blue tarp safe to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
I'm setting up my grow room and I need to block an attic door (I had to remove the door so I could put ducts coming off my 600w HPS so I wouldn't have to cut a hole in the door)

so I used a typical blue tarp to block the door off, but when I opened the tarp it said if it is exposed to an open flame it will catch on fire...

if I have a 600w with cool tube should I be worried that it can catch fire from the light?

I think the tarp will be about 1 and a half feet away...

it just sucks because I've already bought this tarp and tacked it on and put a zipper on it...

will it be safe?

thanks

Johnny

Hope yr runnin it through and out of attic. if it exhausts into attic yr askin for mold probs!

personally i think if you have proper ventilation & proper grow light, ballast, etc their is no fire hazzard unless your useing cardboard
for a hps or something. i know my black contractors 6 mm worked for my 600 in a 2 ft by 6 ft grow area but i had mylar infront of it.

edit: and its always better to be safe then sorry i would buy a nice big new fire extinguiser also or both.

Latest posts

Back