Born in 1945(ah the 60"s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Mystic

Life is good.
Reaction score
Well I survived the 60"s.It was better in the old days!
Will be attempting first balcony grow shortly,just waiting for a couple of clones.If the smell gets to bad I will have to abort.
Can't afford to buy and the good will of others dried up many years ago.
Started tokin' back in 1965,been doing it off and on since then.
I still chuckle over a lot of misinformation out there but there is a lot of grow info that I find interesting.
AH,the stories I could tell :)

:welcome: Mr.Mystic to the best site on Marijuana. Most questions are already answered in the "Resources" Smell on a outside balcony is a hard problem to over come, but some strains have very little odor when growing. The smell comes at harvest time, Drying and curing "I love the smell of fresh buds in the morning"
Start telling your stories, we love to here them

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place

You have stumbled across the No1 Mj site on the net.

Everything is here, from serious Q's and A's to laugh your socks off humour.

You WILL enjoy your stay :aok:

This site is different to anything you have ever looked at, its not the free info you can find searching that makes this site special, its the people on it that make it so unique.

Welcome to the forum :)

:peace:

ozzydiodude said:
:welcome: Mr.Mystic to the best site on Marijuana. Most questions are already answered in the "Resources" Smell on a outside balcony is a hard problem to over come, but some strains have very little odor when growing. The smell comes at harvest time, Drying and curing "I love the smell of fresh buds in the morning"
Start telling your stories, we love to here them

Yes,I am aware that the are many different strains that have varying degrees of smell and I will just have to wait till I get growing to determine if the smell is enough to warrant pulling plants.Can not have any neighbours smelling,will lose my apartment and I can not afford that to happen.I have the perfect place for me and I will not jeopardize it .The drying can be done indoors,I just can't grow indoors.

I can't afford to buy the bud so I thought I'd try a couple of clones and see what develops.
Would be disappointed if I had to pull them.I will know in a short time because things are starting to warm up here.I'm 6 floors up so the frost doesn't hit here like it does at ground level,I can have plants on balcony before others can at ground level.

I will be checking out "resources",have already read a few stickys.A lot of information for me to peruse at my leisure.I haven't stayed up to date on new strains and new ways to grow,cultivate, and I need to educate myself to all the new info.

I just want enough bud to last me the year,don't smoke like I used to,have had to make it last when I have been gifted with some,and then there are the long dry spells (without any smoke).

I have a "seal a meal" vacuum sealer and a chest freezer so I have a good way to store it.

So we shall see what develops,have been promised 3 or 4 clones,now to see if they actually show up.

Thanks for all the reply's and I will post the odd story now and again and will probably be adding comments here and there.

Stay happy and healthy everybody :)

first off, welcome!

But as for trying to see any strian through flower, you are going to be combating smell issues. Especially outside. My first indoor grow could be smelled from the road. So um yeah, if you have neighbors, and i assume you do, living in an apt. complex, then i would say dont waste your time.

Or, buy a small homebox, with a carbon filter, small inline fan and put it in your apartment. g/l

I would love to pick your brain sometime.

:bong1: hello friend, welcome aboard, you can learn a lot here, about growing, hell life in general. im sure you can pass on some wisdom yourself as i have been around a few years my self. man i got a buzz:cool: sorry for the rambling its been a long week:eek:

JBonez said:
first off, welcome!

But as for trying to see any strian through flower, you are going to be combating smell issues. Especially outside. My first indoor grow could be smelled from the road. So um yeah, if you have neighbors, and i assume you do, living in an apt. complex, then i would say dont waste your time.

Or, buy a small homebox, with a carbon filter, small inline fan and put it in your apartment. g/l

I would love to pick your brain sometime.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts now about the smell issue.
You are absolutely correct about not wasting my time or even taking such a chance with what I would lose if I was detected.
So I have have changed my mind which I think is the correct decision and not grow.Sucks though :)

Feel free to pick my brain,but stop there :),

Mr.Mystic said:
You are absolutely correct about not wasting my time or even taking such a chance with what I would lose if I was detected.
So I have have changed my mind which I think is the correct decision and not grow.Sucks though :)

You could setup a small indoor grow with cfls and a little diy. Not sure what is stopping you from growing inside but it might be worth looking at the pros and cons

Auto strains, Lowryder#2 (I grew 20 last year) didnt smell at all.

Stank a lot while harvesting and trimming though.

:peace:

Mr.Mystic said:
Well I survived the 60"s.It was better in the old days!
Will be attempting first balcony grow shortly,just waiting for a couple of clones.If the smell gets to bad I will have to abort.
Can't afford to buy and the good will of others dried up many years ago.
Started tokin' back in 1965,been doing it off and on since then.
I still chuckle over a lot of misinformation out there but there is a lot of grow info that I find interesting.
AH,the stories I could tell :)

Yeah, buddy! We Old Hippies never die...we just keep on tokin.
Last summer I went to a big party and soon a group od six or seven people were all in a circle passing a joint. This one young guy I didnt know started to pass it to me, saw my white hair and paused, saying, "Do you smoke this, ma'am?" I looked at him and smiled, reaching for the joint. "Smoke this? Son...I GREW it."

LOL! I thought it was so funny...It's a trait of the young to assume older people are out-of-the-loop.Like we were BORN old! His 20 year old eyes saw a white haird "old" lady with NO idea he was looking at a Harley ridin, dope smokin,acid trippin, naked dancin, Civil Rights Marchin,War protestin, jailed twice Woodstock OG HIPPY!

LOL!
Good luck on the balcony grow--if it smells too much, get some BCBigBud. It has virtually NO smell and is still asskickin.
Now, that's ONE thing that has definitely gotten better than the "old Days". Remember when all weed came from Mexican field grown weed with tons of seeds? Man...the one good thing that came out of the Nam was the first really good dope...Vietnamese, Cambodian...yum.
Keep the faith, man. Peace and love.

Lass

welcome to mp. im sure if you look around you can find a few strains that don't smell to bad. the auto strains would be a great way to go since they stay small and are done in such a short time. you could grow as needed with less chance of being caught.. good luck and i can't wait to hear some stories

honestly, a small indoor grow could be achieved without taking up much space, and you could vent right into your apartment with a smaller grow.

Get a little carbon filter and inline fan, im telling you it would be easy. The real key is not telling anyone.

The main problem I will have with the clones is the fact that they will be gifts and I have the feeling that they will have a smell,since I mentioned that issue to the person gifting them to me.He will be getting them from another person so he really has no idea what strain they will be.I would not even considered growing except for the fact that he brought up the fact that he would give me 3 or 4 clones.I live in a government subsidized housing apartment(low income) and they do an annual apt. inspection and they have also kicked out of the building some tenants caught selling.
My apartment is just perfect for me,it could not be better under my current financial situation, retired on a government disability pension.I'll move when I win the lottery :) so I will not gamble with my apartment,that would be a very bad decision.
Growing inside is not an option,there is a legal way and that would be for me to get one of those medical cards to grow and to possess.

The first pot I smoked was Mexican and I had gone from Ontario Canada to British Columbia Canada down to Seattle.I went to a concert,wish I could remember who it was,1965,got super stoned ,could hardly walk,could hardly see,Had gone down to Seattle with my older sister to visit her boyfriend.From then on I became a long haired,long bearded hippy freak.
Came back from BC with a beautiful long fringed brown suede coat.Still have on my wall a red cloth pic of Che,framed now, that I got out there.

So many adventures,so little time,:)
Then of course there are the bike stories,I can't get a drivers license so when I got together with my wife(common law)around 1070 we bought a 750 honda,ya a honda,for her.She drove and I rode on back,I like bikes but driving them is not to be.We also had a leather business + I worked full time in a factory.We split up after 7 years of adventures.

OK, time for a toke and some surfing,gotta check out a bunch of my RSS feeds.

Everyone take care,stay healthy and happy :)

Mr.Mystic said:
I got together with my wife(common law)around 1070

1070? And I thought I was an old timer around here. :D

Welcome--even if you don't grow this is a great community of faceless peolple (stole that one from HippyIE).

1070,no wonder it seemed like a lifetime :)

I won't be growing but I will be keeping up on the new and different methods of growing,you never know what might happen tomorrow,I could win the lottery and get my place in the woods beside a lake or river,with my own vegy and pot garden.I want to be prepared :)
And I really mean you don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Mr.Mystic said:
1070,no wonder it seemed like a lifetime :)

I won't be growing but I will be keeping up on the new and different methods of growing,you never know what might happen tomorrow,I could win the lottery and get my place in the woods beside a lake or river,with my own vegy and pot garden.I want to be prepared :)
And I really mean you don't know what will happen tomorrow.

im gonna send some positive energy your way friend, i hope you get all that you want and deserve.

let me know when you do get that place in the woods so you can tell us how sweet it is, ive been looking to get out of the burbs and want to be a little more secluded as i live next to a school, and literally across the street from the biggest church in my city.

Gonna be trying to sell my house in the near future, maybe retreat to the mountains of North Carolina or something, its so beautiful there.

JBonez said:
im gonna send some positive energy your way friend, i hope you get all that you want and deserve.

let me know when you do get that place in the woods so you can tell us how sweet it is, ive been looking to get out of the burbs and want to be a little more secluded as i live next to a school, and literally across the street from the biggest church in my city.

Gonna be trying to sell my house in the near future, maybe retreat to the mountains of North Carolina or something, its so beautiful there.

I've got a huge corner lot, very un-nosey neighbors in a laid back section of the city. But that's the problem--it's in the city. Real estate prices are really prohibitive for selling right now, and my little wifey exercizes like a mad woman (and I'm glad she does) at the local Y. The kids are grown and gone, but I can't take her that far from what is her yoga and her centering force. She also has a real job that requires a schedule, a car and a wardrobe; I have a job in sort of a cartoon world--I play on the computer, write a few words, go out to the shed and flame up, go write a few words, go play on the computer, go flame up so I could live anywhere there's internet. But, unfortunately, I love my wife more than the idea of living in the sticks and being able to pee off the front porch in the morning should I want to.

Mr.Mystic said:

Oh, no! That's a shame. Are you sure?
Since you have the clones...why not give it a go? Here's my thinking...first, you're six floors UP. By the time the breeze carries any smell DOWN it will be dispersed. UP and it will be impossible to tell where BELOW it is coming from...plus, there the use of a good big FAN blowing from behind the plants sending the smell OUT and UP, making it more impossible to know where it came from.
I think you're having a moment of over-cautious "what IF?" paranoia! Ive had plenty of those! I own my home and have a LOT more to lose than just getting thrown out. I think it's a matter of the odds, like everything else in life. Every time we get in a car to go to the store we MIGHT die in a car crash. But we weigh the odds. The much greater liklihood is that we will get to the store and back safely. Similarly, I know there is a possibility of getting busted but by taking precautions I believe I am more likely to NOT.

I hope you'll re-change your mind.
Meantime, consider buying some BCBigBud seeds from BCSEEDKING.COM. 15 for fifty bux or less. BCBB has virtually NO smell--but still kicks butt.

Latest posts

Back