"brewing" EARTH JUICE ??????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

halzey68

Has anyone ever had a problem with EarthJuice when they brewed it?
normally ill check ph with the cheap soil ph tester i have and itll read about 5-6. Today , after approx. 52 hours "brewing" it pegs the meter on the low side. the only thing ive done different is add a circulation pump to the bucket to keep the mix from settling. I plan on throwing this bunch of mix out, just in case. I guess ill try 2 buckets, 1 with circulation pump and airstone, 1 with just airstone. we'll see if theres any difference. I just got a soil test kit yesterday. Everything looked good, N-K normal P a tad high, Ph 7. I dont want to mess it up now. I'm about 10 days from flowering. any input will be helpful..:confused: :smoke1:

Oh, ill be getting a water Ph test kit in the morning. cant get a nice one right now, so ill settle for the old fashioned kind, pool kit will work, right?

back in the morning, goodnight.

I find cheap testers are notoriously innacurate, my last cheap tester was way out with its readings, I bought a digital tester, much more accurate.

the cheap soil meter was fairly accurate when compared with test kit. my question is....Why the difference(drop) in ph level of brew since the addition of circulation pump????

are you brewing compost tea? If so just make sure it doenst smell bad if so there is bacteria and you should toss it. It should smell sweet and earthy.

compost tea? im using EarthJuice 3 part nutes in a 5 gallon bucketwitha circulation pump and a airstone. the EJ grow didnt smell that great to begin with..

Really? Ive never heard of doing that before. So tell me more... I want to know what your doing step by step if you could id like to experiment! Thanks

huh? im pretty new at this, this is my first grow. from what ive read, its good to aireate tap water for at least 24 hours before using to remove chlorine,flouride,ect.... i do that in a 20 gallon rubermaid trash can(new) with a 10"airstone. After that, ill pour 3 gallons into a 5 gallon bucket, also new and cleaned weekly, ill add my nutrients to the bucket. i place an airstone in the bottom to "brew" the mix. i added a circulation pump because the nutes would settling in the bottom, this keeps the mix, mixed. then i wait 24-48 hours before feeding the mix to my babies. I guess this helps stablize the PH in EarthJuice and adds oxygen(not sure of spelling). I know my babies are doing nicely. 3LB's has a nice section on EJ recipes. :watchplant: :watchplant:

OH avatar is my babies in 10 ga. pots at 32 days from cutting the clones. the big 4 , the other are for 2nd batch.

Oh so you do this with actual nutes I always did it with compost. I would add fresh rotted compost to a 5gal bucket with 2 6in airstones and tap water and some molasses so the good bacteria can eat. I run the air stones for 3days then I should smell sweet and earthy I strain off the compost and save the liquid and add it either straight or mix with fresh water not tap chlorine kills benifical bacteria. there are lots of nutes in this and good fungi and bacteria its like steroids really but every plant reasponds different one plant I had I over fertilized to many nutes in it I guess. I will try your way Ive never done that.

Latest posts

Back