Brown bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraddude

Reaction score
Ok, so some of my bud was in a glass jar during the last stage of curing but then I lost the jar about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I just found it today and the bud is now brown and bad looking. It feels kinda moist. Has anybody seen this happen? Ive never had or seen mold, could this be the problem? And if not, do you guys think this stuff is ok too smoke?

Thanks for any help!

try it and see. i'm not trying to be a wise guy. try it. if theres a problem maybe make some hash or iso oil from it the thc is propably still intact.

You lost the jar for two weeks?? How did you manage that?? Anyways, just smell it. If it smells bad, dont smoke it. You will know if its mold by the smell. If it doesn't smell like good bud, you definitely dont want to smoke it. I'm sure smoking mold wouldn't be good for your lungs. Just my thoughts. Take care and keep us posted.

Do you have a picture of the buds?

nope, no camera. it looks brown like its been singed or burnt. and yea, i was drunk and i think i hid it from myself or something. i dont know what i was thinking hah

Thanks for the tips!

maybe its some choco taco! but usually it turns brown over a long period of time, not two weeks.

if you are going to smoke it..i would let it get really dry first.

In my experience mold tends to be grey or black and they weeed turns to dust when you touch it . There also is a distinct smell of amonia if you kept it jarred up.

grey, black, white....but brown? if it smells like ammonia then its mold, but it could be rot?

i wouldnt smoke it if you put fresh buds in a jar and didnt burp it for 2 weeks...

as said before make hash/iso with it. let it dry fully then powder it and then make your hash or oil, it would be alot safer to smoke then.

Latest posts

Back