Brown spots on seedling leaves! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollygreengiant

Reaction score
Hello everyone thanks for stopping by to take a look.

This baby is just over 2 weeks old and I just noticed that it is developing brown spots. Normally if I see anything like this I just toss the plant but this one is a Haze seed from Sativa seeds one of only 2 surviving seeds from the batch. 2/10 germ rate sucks but that's for another thread.

Anywho, the pics are below. Please help! I don't want it to infect the other babies. Thanks in advance! :ccc:

edit: Just realized I forgot some details. Lighting is a T5 florescent with Veggie bulbs. I HAVE had mold and other disease problems in the past but I recently did a serious cleaning with bleach and brand new mylar.

spotsbig.jpg

spots.jpg

Hi mate :) Looks kinda odd but to me look like you are over watering. What is your watering cycle? I would water for 15min every 4 fours :) Hope things turn for the better.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
I think that may be my problem.

With seedlings like this I like to hand water. They get tap water PHed down to 5.5-5.8. When I water I basically guesstimate. For 20 seedlings I use about a half gallon of water. This is spread about evenly between them all. I only water once a day in the mornings.

Should I be watering multiple times throughout the day?

I soaked the 1x1 cubes in 5.5 PH water using the Rockwol conditioning solution for 48 hours (at least). They have always been watered with 5.5-5.8 tap water. No nutrients. I have found my tap water's PPM is about 250, not sure what's in it.

You hand water? Looks like you have a water reservoir with timed watering because of the flowing water in the pic.

Yeah, only the other side has the hydro hooked up to it right now.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to grow and still looking for a really nice momma.

Latest posts

Back