Bud Mildew / Mold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayedKnott

Reaction score
There is a white powdery substance on several inner buds. Is this bud mold or mildew? What do I do about? My plant has about two weeks 'till harvest.

I'm in Michigan, the weather has gotten cooler, there has been heavy dew in the A.M.. I put the plant under an overhang behind my garage to keep the frost off the last couple of days, but the sun could still get to it. It's now back out in the open.

What can I do to eliminate this? Can it be overcome? Is the whole plant lost? How do I stop it's spread? Are the buds in question salvageable?

Thanks!

PDRM0299.JPG

PDRM0300.JPG

Yep, first pic looks like powdery mildew. I have never caught it to my knowledge here. Just Botritis. You need to do some reading up on it. We have great weather coming next week. Most of mine are in , but I am gambling with the rest.... Woo hoo!

FrayedKnott said:
There is a white powdery substance on several inner buds. Is this bud mold or mildew? What do I do about? My plant has about two weeks 'till harvest.

I'm in Michigan, the weather has gotten cooler, there has been heavy dew in the A.M.. I put the plant under an overhang behind my garage to keep the frost off the last couple of days, but the sun could still get to it. It's now back out in the open.

What can I do to eliminate this? Can it be overcome? Is the whole plant lost? How do I stop it's spread? Are the buds in question salvageable?

Thanks!

would love to know the answers to these questions as well or a point int he direction wher ei can read up on this:)

hXXp://planetgreen.discovery.com/home-garden/powdery-milk-mildew.html

XX to TT

;)

HippyInEngland said:
hXXp://planetgreen.discovery.com/home-garden/powdery-milk-mildew.html

XX to TT

;)

:holysheep: well that was short and to the point never would of thunk it but thanks for the site will do if i ever get that problem lol

U need to cut off all infected areas to try and stop the spread. Then get some SMC Leaf Wash and clean where u can't cut it off.

Looks to me like it's powdery mildew you caught just in time. I'd say 3 more days and you would of had bud rot if you don't already...if you see some brown spots or any wet squishy areas, dig deep in there and pull all the shitty stuff out. This is if you have bud rot..which you prolly will. I've lost 1/5 of my harvest to budrot this year and people are getting hit with it more than ever. To get rid of that powdery mildew, mix 1 part whole milk to 9 parts water, spray infected areas wait 10 minutes, and rinse off. Would be best to being em inside at night also.

Edit: One thing i'm pretty certain about is that the frost is causeing the budrot, cover em up with tarp or better yet bring inside garage/basement...

Latest posts

Back