Budget greenhouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Next job is to construct a proper hinge door. Then I am going to start on the photocell-operated fan ventilator. Have to find the photocell first. I am a pack rat, that photocell comes as surplus from a project in Africa about 30 years ago. . .

Now that I've had a bit of experience running the greenhouse, I'd say the main enemy is humidity. My plants are drinking at least a gallon per day and that gets transpired into quite a small volume . . . I usually find myself running it with the window at one end wide open, and the door half open, and I also have a small fan suspended from the top, to give a bit of a breeze.

Hey Leafminer,
I've had that same challenge with humidity. I grow my outdoor crop in 5 gallon buckets so during the day I can move the plants outside to take advantage of the natural wind. Obviously air movement is the most challenging variable in greenhouse growing. I use a 8inch clip on fan at each end of my greenhouse (one blows in and one blows out) and leave the doors open during the day and close it down when the sun goes down.
Best of luck and good growing. I'll be keeping an eye on your greenhouse grow.

Latest posts

Back