Electrician Advice Needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So, I did a very large sign for a doctor's office 3 months ago. It had 110 led lights behind the lettering. (it was a nightmare to do). I took video in the office of the lights working using the tradesman's power cable since the building did not have electric running to it yet. Everything was fine. They just recently added power to the building while the lights were plugged into the wall. I just got a call that 2 of the letters have no lights. Is there a possibility that the initial surge of power could have damaged the lights? I feel like I am not responsible for the repair free of cost. He did pay a pretty penny for the sign, but I am almost 5 hours away from that location now. Just me luck.

So, I did a very large sign for a doctor's office 3 months ago. It had 110 led lights behind the lettering. (it was a nightmare to do). I took video in the office of the lights working using the tradesman's power cable since the building did not have electric running to it yet. Everything was fine. They just recently added power to the building while the lights were plugged into the wall. I just got a call that 2 of the letters have no lights. Is there a possibility that the initial surge of power could have damaged the lights? I feel like I am not responsible for the repair free of cost. He did pay a pretty penny for the sign, but I am almost 5 hours away from that location now. Just me luck.
processing👍

when I did concrete work some of the the clients asked me how long do I guarantee my work?

30 years or 30 minutes whichever came first

the other guarantee was that I guaranteed the concret would get hard and it would crack

i will leave now.

Seems if a higher voltage was mistakenly applied that may have taken out more
I have seen 220v on temp power on a job site and my side grinder sounded like it was going to take flight. I can see how that could blow something but I would think it would happen when you plugged it in. Could it be a connection inside the sign?

I have seen 220v on temp power on a job site and my side grinder sounded like it was going to take flight. I can see how that could blow something but I would think it would happen when you plugged it in. Could it be a connection inside the sign?
possibly .
Is it a connector failing controlling 2 lites or2 connectors failing.
What was used to make the connections would be my next look.
Wirenuts are one way and everyone seems to like these :Wago" connectors.
Little blocks with doors that make the connections when pressed .
little doors!
They seem to work and the splice is easily done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back