Buds so heavy branches break!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
So I've been growing for 5 years and have never experienced anything like this but I woke up this morning to a sizable branch broken almost completely clean off one of my plants. This is the first time ive used a 20gal container to grow so these are the biggest plants I've ever had but has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I've seen droopy buds and limbs that can't support their buds but for a whole branch to break almost clean off!!??

Well i still new but yes i had one do that. so now i tie them up when the buds start to get half size.

You big bragger, LOL, that is great, you are going to have to support them like we did our apricot trees. Put some 2X4's under them.:D

nice problem to have...I get that in outdoor grows more than inside...Some these biatches are FAT:D

:48:

indeed that is a very good problem to have :48:. you can try adding more calcium to their diet to strengthen the branches. although it has a lot to do with the plants genetics. some strains just have weaker stem growth then others

Should I just remove the broken branch? It's not hanging on by much

well you can either get some popsicle sticks and tape it to branch as to help hold it up and see if it recovers if it doesn;t then cut it off

Also Ross post a picture of this buds to heavy for branches

a fan blowing lightly at the plants during the grow will simulate a bit of wind and strengthen them for the increased weight later on.

oooh wah :cry: THATS GOT TO S U C K!! lol...:rolleyes:

thats like me complaining that I have to go jar shopping today because my yields have unforseeably increased quite a bit with the addition of Cha ching to my grows.

p.s. If you're a FF nute user, I highly:stoned: recommend adding it to your nutrient regimen.:aok:

@BMT that's the weird thing it's one of the closest plants to my fan. But it's the only plant of this strain I'm growing so I have no others to compare it to. And @ everyone saying post pics it's nothing impressive they're 5 week buds yesterday and it was more about the close node and bud site spacing on a plant with currently the best looking buds in my garden but the oddest and weakest branch structure. It was just always my subconscious belief that buds grew proportionate to branches and it wasn't anything to worry about. And @ everyone saying you wish you had this problem don't get me wrong this wasn't like a single branch with some nugs on it this was a multi top plant in a 20gal and a huge branch with off branching you would not want this to happen lol

Latest posts

Back