Bugus Monkey's new and improved puzzle basement and various ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 Plants, all came out of the same package, all grown in exactly the same setting, 3 females with virtually no trichomes showing yet, 1 that isn't sure if she is a girl or a boy, and 1 that looks like a keeper. I am so disappointed at this point that I am about ready to chop them all and start over. Internode length anywhere from 4.5 to 6.5+ inches. I still plan on seeing this to the end but... I wont be growing these again, even if they was free. 3 look exactly like the first close up picture (d). The second close up (e) is the one that cant decide if it's a girl or a boy. Last picture (f) is the only one showing promise, in my book, at this point in time. I'm keeping an open mind but it's fading fast. Just disgusted. :mad::(:mad::confused::mad::(

Attachments

• 7APRc.jpeg
    7APRc.jpeg
    722.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 7APRd.jpeg
    7APRd.jpeg
    837.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 7APRe.jpeg
    7APRe.jpeg
    775.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 7APRf.jpeg
    7APRf.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 0
  • 7APRa.jpeg
    7APRa.jpeg
    867.9 KB · Views: 0
5 Plants, all came out of the same package, all grown in exactly the same setting, 3 females with virtually no trichomes showing yet, 1 that isn't sure if she is a girl or a boy, and 1 that looks like a keeper. I am so disappointed at this point that I am about ready to chop them all and start over. Internode length anywhere from 4.5 to 6.5+ inches. I still plan on seeing this to the end but... I wont be growing these again, even if they was free. 3 look exactly like the first close up picture (d). The second close up (e) is the one that cant decide if it's a girl or a boy. Last picture (f) is the only one showing promise, in my book, at this point in time. I'm keeping an open mind but it's fading fast. Just disgusted. :mad::(:mad::confused::mad::(
Two of the strains in my last tent had wide internode spacing which I hated. Just wasn’t the same when opened the tent. I have to say that the weed was really good in both strains and although I didn’t think I would get half the harvest than a “normal plant” whatever that is… the yield was not bad either. So keep your chin up monkey guy, maybe you will change your mind like I did when I said I’m not growing that girl crush again… now after smoking it for the last few nights I gotta say I would grow it again. Let’s hope your weed is awesome and we can grow ugly awesome weed together one day. ✌️

Thanks Subbie. That is the only thing that is stopping me from starting over. There are only a couple pictures of the R1, tons of R1 - V2 picts, but this R1 when it is finished should be able to give a decent run for bud if the month, if mine turns out close to the picture. I'm sticking it out. I need to brush up on the whole V1, R1, F1, 2, 3 etc. Seed companies should not be able to push these out until they've been cubed and stabilized. We are all guinea pigs for this stuff. Been a huge bi tch of mine for awhile about how seeds grown the exact same way, that come out of the exact same package, in the exact same system can turn out so different. I keep saying I am going to make a run with clones. I'm going one more time with C99 seeds direct from BG/Mr. Soul and then I'm going to try and get back into cloning. It's just aggravating !!!

I actually got a lot of help, ideas and encouragement from a few people here and one in particular when I was setting this new tote up. I need to thank them but I need to wait until it's over too. They might not want their names attached to this potential mess.

I am going to try to google this after a couple cups of coffee but, if it is easy, and someone is all coffeed up, can someone explain the F1, F2, F3, 4, 5, thing along with what an R1, R2 and V1, V2 etc. is? I'm pretty sure that the V1 & 2 stands for version 1 and version 2 & I have a very slight idea of what the F1 & 2 concept is, but do not know as much as I would like. I am going to start with researching old threads here. Doesn't have to be in kindergarten terms, like maybe Jr college terms. Cannabis seeds & breeding 101. Hopefully it has been done here already. Pinch Hits and coffee first, where's the coffee girls and maybe a coffee guy for Mrs. Monkey, Ness and Subbie and maybe this Q needs to go on it's own thread or one of the Coffee table threads for some of us who haven't been around as long as others. I know it is going to be a lot of words. Back in a few... And thank you

I am going to try to google this after a couple cups of coffee but, if it is easy, and someone is all coffeed up, can someone explain the F1, F2, F3, 4, 5, thing along with what an R1, R2 and V1, V2 etc. is? I'm pretty sure that the V1 & 2 stands for version 1 and version 2 & I have a very slight idea of what the F1 & 2 concept is, but do not know as much as I would like. I am going to start with researching old threads here. Doesn't have to be in kindergarten terms, like maybe Jr college terms. Cannabis seeds & breeding 101. Hopefully it has been done here already. Pinch Hits and coffee first, where's the coffee girls and maybe a coffee guy for Mrs. Monkey, Ness and Subbie and maybe this Q needs to go on it's own thread or one of the Coffee table threads for some of us who haven't been around as long as others. I know it is going to be a lot of words. Back in a few... And thank you
@gmo may be able to explain this best, I have chucked pollen but never breed for quality myself.

I’m not educated but my middle school version…

F2, or “second-generation hybrid,” is the second generation of seeds that are produced after your F1 cannabis seeds have flowered and had the chance to breed with its brother and sister plants of the same generation. Two F1 strains that have been bred together create the F2 seed hybrids, two F2 strains that are bred create F3 seed hybrids, and so on.

now as far as if the F1 is better than the F2? I don’t understand that part and am watching your thread to bone up on this when the breeders chime in.
I see this to V1 V2 F3. Are they really the same thing I’m looking for? Good question monkey guy. 😊
I vote yes for the coffee boys for Mrs monkey and the rest of us girls that can appreciate such morning diversions. 😂

The F’s are ‘filial’ generations in genetics. One strain bred with a different strain are F1’s. If you take seeds from those and pollinate the F1 female with an F1 male you get F2. Selecting the plants with traits you like from the F2’s, you can start to ‘stabilize’ the new cross. My guess on the ‘R’ is they are seeds from a ‘reversed’ female which can be done with colloidal silver or gibber-something acid. The V I would guess like you did is ‘version’(like a phenotype).
FD3C8145-E977-4AEA-99E1-46153CA630F8.jpeg

Gotta love that stretch lol. I got blindsided by that last fkr. Literally ran out of places to bend branches.

Don't beat yourself up dude. You was further down the rabbit hole with the new setup and deciding the SCrOG thingy added to veg time. They stretched more. Meh... You'll get mucho jars full of goodness.

You're good Homie.
1722891091-and-you-know-this-man.jpg

And Then There Were Three

So I get in after lights on, check PH, PPMs, Solution Temp etc. All the basics. Noticed trichs forming on some of the tops even from last night. I had a little time to kill so I decide I'm going to thin things out. I climb my fat arse back into the side and start a little thinning... One of the plants, Everywhere!!!, On every branch, One side is a girl and the other has a ball coming out of it, Sometimes 2 or 3 balls. The one that I thought might be a full herm had bananas all over the inside lower branches. Everywhere.

Some of these seed companies (TO ME) are spending more time and money on fancy packaging and funky names than they are on stabilizing their genetic offerings.

I am sooooooo F'n Pi ssed right now. No there were no light leaks, No it didn't get to hot or to cold. I play nice and play get along too. I even play dumb, but I ain't stupid. And yes I have done this more than a couple times now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Attachments

• TrichsApr8a.jpeg
    TrichsApr8a.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 0
  • BALLSd.jpeg
    BALLSd.jpeg
    676 KB · Views: 0
  • BALLSc.jpeg
    BALLSc.jpeg
    640.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BALLSb.jpeg
    BALLSb.jpeg
    668.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BALLSa.jpeg
    BALLSa.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 0
That is frustrating. Just keep going man, there is always a chance this can happen, just not what we want. Kill them lil bastards!!!! LOLOL

There is a smell in there. It's weak, and it is a skunky/fruity mix. There is something about the smell that is catchy to me though. Different. Can't quite put my finger on it yet. Front has very few Trich's on just the buds - Middle plant has a little more with some starting on sugar leaves - Back plant in my book is the only keeper and it isn't looking as good as anything from the last run. At least not yet. Keeping an open mind and all 3 plants until further notice.

Attachments

• 10APRmid.jpeg
    10APRmid.jpeg
    752.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 10APRback.jpeg
    10APRback.jpeg
    828.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 10APRa.jpeg
    10APRa.jpeg
    836 KB · Views: 0
Nothing really new. The tape measure piece is 2 feet. I keep going over in my head what did I do different. I vegged about 2 weeks longer than my usual and this run I used Hydroguard. That's it. There is a picture of my 6.5 inch internode length in there. I am still flip flopping on cutting it all down and re-starting.

Attachments

• 11APRfront.jpeg
    11APRfront.jpeg
    825 KB · Views: 0
  • 11APRc.jpeg
    11APRc.jpeg
    646.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 11APRb.jpeg
    11APRb.jpeg
    848 KB · Views: 0
  • 11APRa.jpeg
    11APRa.jpeg
    835.6 KB · Views: 0

MANDARIN COOKIES R1 (ORIGINAL)​

FORUM CUT COOKIES x MANDARIN SUNSET

STATS:​

Variety: Fem Photo
Flowering Time: 56-63 Days
Yield: High
TAC: 25-30%

TERPENES:​

Sharp Grapes
Sweet Citrus
Heavy Chem Dog

FYI:​

Original Mandarin Cookies R1 boasts vigorous growth and chunky, high-bract flowers—and intoxicating aromas of citrus and gasoline. She’s quickly becoming a legend.
Strong & Vigorous
Chunky & Dense
Thrives Indoors & Outdoors
Pungent Terpenes

FEATURES:​

• Medium-long internodes and chunky, high-bract flowers.
  • Vigorous growth!
  • Available in packs of 5 or 10.

This is a copy paste from ethos website... Features, #1 Medium - LONG internodes and chunky /what does High-Bract flowers mean??
Maybe there is nothing that went wrong. They just weren't kidding about Long Internodes and Vigorous Growth.

Latest posts

Back