Building your plant up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
How do you guys prepare your clones or seedlings to be transplanted outdoors? I know indoor plants are much weaker than outdoor plants because they don't have to deal with nature's elements.

I recently started some clones in my greenhouse for a few days then just slipped them into the shade of a larger plant. So far they look great. I'm sure others have better methods but this has worked for me.

You need to get the plants use to sunlight a hr or 2 a day in direct sunlight the days before you set them out.

I wouldn't say that they are weaker--they simply have not been exposed to the sun's ultraviolet light and need to be weaned into it, like Ozzy said.

i put the clones out on the deck in the sun for 2 hours in the morning for a week then to the outdoor location good luck

I place mine behind the Shed where no direct sun is for a week or so...then into garden:D

Okay thanks guys got them in the shade under my porch, only direct sunlight they get is the morning sun rise.

I don't have the option to get them used to the sun so they get put out into the direct sunlight. It would be nice to be able to let them adjust but I don't have any where that they wouldn't be seen.

Put a 4x4 fence 8 ft high up and say its just for storing your lawn stuff in the winter (like your lawn chairs if you have any); Or maybe a small green house built up against your house with a slant roof with corrigated plastic.

I'm in the same boat as far as nowhere inside to keep them.I have a shed that they go in at night under lights but the shed has no ventalation and can reach 110 degrees or hotter during the day.I keep my clones outside on my table and I use the lid off on old record player over the top of them.The lid is tinted so I think it acts like sunglasses to shade the plants.Crude but works.

A old garden way is to wait untill you think its gonna be rainy or cloudy for a few days.It seems to me that hot sunlight is worse than cool sunlight too.

You might be able to also pick up some plastic sheeting and make a small pitched lean-too and throw your plants under it to act as a sun breaker though plastic might get crazy hot under it.

Latest posts

Back