Burnt Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcam

Reaction score
I have been to feed my ladies today and 3 of them have been burnt at the top (light too close). My partner in crime should be checking them daily when I am not there, but he hasn't and as a result they are a bit burnt, it's not too bad but I would like a bit of help, should I leave them and maybe they might heal? befor this happend the plants were in 100% health, I would of got some pics but I didn't take my cam.

I hate relying on other people......

Ive burned my plants constantly. Just lightley spray with water and move the lights up.

You will be fine...;)

Dont worrie my friend...move your light up and she will be fine...don't remove anything..she will heal herself..Good luck Keep M GREEN

camcam said:
My partner in crime should be checking them daily when I am not therequote]

Lesson learnt camcam, you can trust 1 person and 1 person only to look after your plants! thats you and you only.

Tip burn happens a lot, dont worry about it, as for spraying, if you decide to do this be very wary because the water droplets create small magnifying glasses and you can easily continue burning your plant, so be warned :)

No need to prune either. Just leave the burnt leaves there and they'll take care of themselves.

I have 8 plants in flower right now and along the way, 4 of them have been burned repeatedly with no ill effects. Sometimes in flower, your plants will grow several inches in a day and the tops leaves will grow right into the lights. It happens. I'm getting ready to harvest some big old buds, in spite of some previous burned leaves.:hubba:

HippyInEngland said:
camcam said:

Lesson learnt camcam, you can trust 1 person and 1 person only to look after your plants! thats you and you only.

Tip burn happens a lot, dont worry about it, as for spraying, if you decide to do this be very wary because the water droplets create small magnifying glasses and you can easily continue burning your plant, so be warned :)

Also like to Add that if you must mist.....watch not to spray HOT bulb..it will BLOW...as smokeybear says..."be safe"..just my .2

HippyInEngland said:
camcam said:

I don't like to rely on him but the problems is he live 30 miles away from me, I go and do the feeds every 2 days - it is too time consuming to go everyday, so he is meant to make sure the lights, extraction and the air con is working and that there is no problems with the plants.

Also, I wasn't going to spray the plants with water because of the reason you have just given.

Thanks for the fast response guys :)

Yeah I know how you feel camcam. I went on vacation once and when I came home my light had somehow come undone and was laying on top of my plants. Burnt the **** out of one plant real bad, broke a couple branches, but didnt seem to affect the plant at all. It took a few days to recoup but that was it. The person watching them for me claims they didnt touch the light but there is no way the light could have fallen unless some one messed with it.

Dont count on anybody for anything when it comes to growing. If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself.

And personally I would never spray anything onto my plants because of reasons stated above.

Latest posts

Back