c02?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spuds_mckinsey

Reaction score
ok ive heard alot of great stuff about adding co2 and a few negative things but is it true that 1. it helps plants in a higher temp range 80's+ ? 2. that adding co2 throughout your grow diminishes thc?

At higher temps plants can't breathe as easy.. so extra co2 is great... co2 should be used in a sealed environment... venting it would be just exhausting it out... good control should be used for safety... and many growers don't think it is worth the extra time/money... UNLESS of course u cannot vent fresh air in/out... and u have constant higher temps.

I've never heard anything about the thc... i'd think more co2 would be healthier plants... so no diminishing.

agreed. Co2 is wonderful if used correctly. not ideal for the average indoor grower- too much unwanted heat ( as in, you having a co2 sys in your room and why)

co2 is natural plant food. although a plants roots thrive with oxygen, they also thrive even more with both added oxygen and co2.

so its being more than just absorbed in the leaves. but bringing your co2 level to an ideal amount and keeping it there (key) can benefit both the plant and the reaper of its fruits.

its affectivness isnt so much in raising temps as it is being more natural food in the air.

think of it this way- if a bud plant could talk it would say, 'wow i like this co2 and oxygen mixture goin on in here, but you know spuds, id really like it if there were more co2 in here- if there was, i would grow real fast and put on alot more girth'

and of course youd say,'ok'

too much co2 though and your plant will literally burn to death both above and below.

the key thing is calculating the correct parts per million (ppm) for your grow space. for a 10x10 room i believe it is 1300-1500ppm ideal.

but even smaller amounts that just raise the general flow of co2 can benefit you.

just always remember that bud plants like mainly ONE thing- and that is consistancy.

so dont think spraying your plant with some co2 from a bike pump will work. it needs to be at a steady rate, for a consistant amount of time for the plant to register it and develope and/or use the extra stamata in its leaves to absorb it and reap its benefits.

also co2 brings its own heat. you must compensate. the rules dont change that much. you dont want to go over 85 degrees in your room. and ideally you want it a little bit below 80 or at 80.

so depending on how much co2 you push constantly into that room, you need to calculate how many degrees to drop in order to compensate(usually just a couple)

**i dont use co2 enrichment so please dont quote me on my ppm in a 10x10 room. although i believe that is correct- it might not work like that.- But with just a quick search i know you can find an equation or even a calculator for that online.

overgrow had one....god rest his soul....

Latest posts

Back