C99

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umbra said:
I just recently did build a box for pollination. I kept 1 male of that hazeolope to breed with ogr's whitegum and fire og. The pollen got on my clothes and in my hair, and completely pollinated my whole tent.

Oh man that sucks!!!

My plan was to keep the breeding box in the upstairs of my house, (veg and flower cabs are in the basement) with exhaust running outdoors, through a series of filters. This last time I did a breeding with the male in it's own box, I kept it upstairs, and changed clothes and showerd after any time that I had to mess with him. When I was ready to pollinate a couple branches I brought the 2 fems upstairs, brushed some pollen on a branch of each fem. I waited an hour, spritzed them down, and took them back to the cab. It seems to have worked but I still have 2 1/2 weeks until the 8 week point. I can see what seems to be seeds formed in those buds, but won't know for sure untill I see the calyx split open a bit. It doesn't look to me that any of my others got pollinated, but we'll see.

When I grow these seeds should I use the pollen from the father of them again? (f1) or collect pollen from the brothers of the seed set? (f2) I have the f1 pollen avaliable still if it will stay viable until The f2 plants are ready. Is it even worth my time to do this with a hybrid, trying to stabalize it so that I have a constant seed supply? I like to shut down occasionaly. So sometimes donor plants must go. This is all just experimenting for now, if the quality and yeild is not up to par with the f1, then everything will go to the compost anyway...but if it turns out to be decent I would like to keep it in seed form, but try to get it close to stable.

umbra said:
I just recently did build a box for pollination. I kept 1 male of that hazeolope to breed with ogr's whitegum and fire og. The pollen got on my clothes and in my hair, and completely pollinated my whole tent.
dahum....
i slap on my grow work clothes...after i spray down with lysol...other things goin on in my area so cleanliness is critical ;)

Any news mutt? How are the kids doin, lets see some more family photo's :D

Tater said:
Any news mutt? How are the kids doin, lets see some more family photo's :D
I'l post some up tonite. Been hectic. here's a shot of one of my friends grow. Not bad for a 1/2 gallon pot and 70w hps and 100w of flos.
K2 clone trained one i gave him same cut from the one i'm pollenating. and unknown bagseed is the single cola.
I gave him my soil mix too :p Sorry they were cam phone pics. :eek: first two are a couple of weeks prior to the last three.

0109002253.jpg

0109002253a.jpg

0130002334.jpg

0130002334a.jpg

0130002334b.jpg

Very nice Muttster! Interested in the K-2. How's she smoke/taste? Thanks.

the chef said:
Very nice Muttster! Interested in the K-2. How's she smoke/taste? Thanks.
A classic strain, K2 is a long-standing, reliable commercial Dutch strain known for its easy cultivation, as opposed to the other White strains that it is classified with. White Widow, for instance, is similar to K2 in its production of small forming plants equipped with tight, compact buds. Yet, K2 is much more simple to grow than its other white siblings.
K2 is an indica and sativa cross which carries with it a pleasant, spiced, fruit-like taste and a tangy aroma. K2 gives a very zoneable high that affects the smoker quick. K2 is a very strong plant.
When choosing to grow K2 plants indoors, it takes to using the Sea of Green method best as well as does growing K2 hydroponically.
K2 can also produce extremely high yields in limited spaced environments. K2 is a short, stocky plant, which produces white flowers within eight to nine weeks of harvesting. An easy grow for experienced growers.
shes a good one.

C99 and K2 in flow...all had successful pollenation. could tell hairs browned where i pollenated...rest is pink n white :)
1st two Cindy 2nd 2 K2's
PS both these needed to be outcrossed soon...both strains been inbred by a lot of folks :) Why is it you can only find ouctrosses of Cindy :stoned:

c99oh yeah.JPG

c993.JPG

k2.JPG

k2mum.JPG

I know what you mean man, on finding only crossed! But I tell you what, I'm loving the cross I got! My oppinion is you could breed her to a feral hemp and get some good smoke....lol....definately will improve alot of lines! I'm thinking on just buying several packs of Joey's and trying to find a keeper. My problem is that I was not lucky enough to see the BG Cindy to be able to compare. I think I can pick a good pheno though if 1 shows up...the seeds are cheap enough from JW that you could do a good run and not have to spend alot.

Things are looking good man...I can't wait to see what you get out of those seeds! This is going to be a long process....but I have time to watch!

umbra said:
I have some of the classic crosses, as well as some of the new ones. Still just plain cindy is mighty fine as far as I am concerned.

:D I've had some oddball crosses with C99. All of em great.

Mutt you crazy dog you, how about an update on the ladies? You know, for all of us stuck out in the mountains away from home :D I can't wait to get thing rocking at home.

yeah i been a busy mofo my bad, cindy is chopped got some beans..here's a couple of shots for yas tho :)
C99xK2 from last years batch just to see whats up. think outa those 300+ beans i might have sumit to work with :)
Next couple of K2 clones i screwin around with... all from the reveg thats the last pic.
and a pic of a c99 future mom that is in dire need of training been negligent around the grow as of late :eek:
and one more pic of Cherry Malawi x DP99
and a K2 reveg tester :)
no pics but got more K2 as well as NL5xHaze in flow :)
i know i'm confusing..but its all in my gonzo nature ;)

CindyxK2-f1.JPG

K2.JPG

K2 (2).JPG

c99mom.JPG

CMxDP99.JPG

K2-reveg.JPG

Looking good Muttster! Is that c-99 and k-2 your mix?

yep and did a vice versa :)
with a diff. F3 pheno of cindy :)
got a pool to play with now :48:
almost where i need to be as far as locale then i can do what i been wanting to do for yrs :) just work grow weed work my garden harvest my chicken egs and harvest my deer and all the other stuff too long to list is within my grasp of a year.in the home stretch and its a mf to get to. sorry for my rant...just been a long journy for me. ;)
grow on :48:

all of em are freindly :) but you know me i have a habit of growin things small. :p

been using the hell outa espoma products...been workin good for me here on the east coast without having to order crap online and no decent grow shops around.
Blood and bone meal whatever brand they got, bi-tone plus, holly tone all from the nursery, composted horse crap and mushrooms (whatever grows out in the horse pasture and no they aint the good ones so don't ask) along with all the veggie matter from the kitchen well rinsed first. with some red worms tossed into to procreate and do there own thing is my compost heap, organic topsoil from the hardware store is mixed in with the ready to use compost, cocoa coir from the reptile store, perlite, greensand, and lime let sit for a while trust me i got 3 stage holes.its dialed in and skid steer helps. just need to get another worm bin goin and should be on track again. :p gnats get on my tail once in a while but nothing DTE can't cure...haven't had ...knock on wood .....mites as of yet.
K has always been my shortfall on every dry mix. one day i'll get it locked in :eek:

Howdy Mutt! Very interesting project. I am a breeding noobie, so please bare with me. Let's say you get a desirable female from one cross and you pick a male from the other opposite cross, what do you call the next generation, both in strain and f numbers? Just curious, I don't even understand the whole stable, unstable f1, f2 thing. benny's simple brain says that dankxdank=dank. Here's some GREEN MOJO for the cause

what do you call the next generation, both in strain and f numbers?
in my notes it states
(Bros Grimm C99 F3 (euro pheno) female x K2 F3 Bx male) is my C99xK2 F1
(K2 F3 Bx female (same batch as above) x Bros Grimm C99 F3 (us pheno) male) is my K2 x C99 F1
This is my first batch of unstable F1 hybrids.
The reason for doing so is both strains i got were on the brink of inbred depression and would and could possibly end the lines i had...all other were outcrossed as well that i recieved. might not have been the next gen or maybe the one after that but it will happen.
i just loved both strains made my genetic pool of both very broad in hope to find a good one for me to work with for a few yrs. I still retain some moms and dads as well as original seed stock to introduce to the pool or bx if need be :) whats fun about weed growin and not selling is it is all about me :p
I don't even understand the whole stable, unstable f1, f2 thing
that is such a debatable thing. some say Bx %2

super sweet. thanks for the thread.....sounds yummy for sure.

very nice Mutt..will be fallowing along the rest of the way..thanks for shareing with us..

Thanks for the update Mutt....sounds like the life of a retired man to me! I have a long way to to go (I'll be 40 this year) But it definately sounds like the dream life...living off the land, and what she provides for ya!

Latest posts

Back