California is Burnning Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Just wondering how many mountain Grower are pissed because of the fire and Lost all there Crop ?
I have thought about growing in the mountains but couldn't afford the Gas to get there weekly to make sure all is fine and water.

A couple buddys.. I only have 2 outside, and they were forced into flower. Then back out. I have a buddy with trees. They all died.

I was wondering my self how many people lost there plants because of fires in Cali.... All that hard work burned right up..

even living in beautiful places has its problems ,,,,although it hurts when the plants have gone at least its not people burning :heart:

keep safe and best wishes to everyone affected :peace:

Well next year the cop will be happy that they can see the MJ better from the air.. :holysheep: we Can't have that..

naaa There are still some really good places to hide.. I do know that there were some Mexican nationals that were shooting at firefighters cuz they got too close... I haven't heard of any statistics on small private grows being consumed by fire.. (like they would go to the papers :lol ) Just a couple of buddys complaining of smoke damage.

There were "Mexican Nationals" burned pretty bad (i heard on the news) in the back burning the Cal Fire guys did at Whiskey Town Lake. They were caught near their large grow, and hospitalized. That area looks pretty black now, tho the fire didnt get really hot and i dont think the soil was hurt real bad, so the brush should be back in a year or two. My County continues to burn, and i bet lots of pot plants are ash now.

wild fires are not bad..

except for the couple of houses thats in the way..

natures way of cleansing the earth for new life.

think after the fire.. how ripe and fertile and cleansed the new land
will be, for even BETTER grows..

MrPuffAlot said:
wild fires are not bad..

except for the couple of houses thats in the way..

natures way of cleansing the earth for new life.

think after the fire.. how ripe and fertile and cleansed the new land
will be, for even BETTER grows..

How does some Retard using a chain saw and hitting a rock be misconstrued as " nature"? Or the imbasul who has 30 acres of rocks and decides to go out and mow his lawn? Or the dumb A** who decides to do some welding on his tractor in the middle of a field? nature is held accountable for only about 50% of the fires so far this year... At least where I live..
Yeah the lightning was crazy.. I saw it first hand.

California indians were known to light fires on purpose to clear out brush. This was done in the late fall tho (light rainy days from what i read), and because of this practice done over and over thru the years, the brush did not grow as thick as it does now. Game benifited and the trees did too.
Smokey and the white man changed all that.

and how bout the idiot that was out "target" shooting and started the fire at Yosemite? Shame on that idiot.

Megatron said:
How does some Retard using a chain saw and hitting a rock be misconstrued as " nature"? Or the imbasul who has 30 acres of rocks and decides to go out and mow his lawn? Or the dumb A** who decides to do some welding on his tractor in the middle of a field? nature is held accountable for only about 50% of the fires so far this year... At least where I live..
Yeah the lightning was crazy.. I saw it first hand.

The fact is, if the "treehuggers" and self proclaimed "conservationists" would have allowed the thinning of the forests, or allowed fires to run their natural course, over the last 100+ years... there would not be these excessively damaging infernos.
The fact that the forests have been "over" protected and allowed to "overgrow" is the most prevelant reason for them. It's only been over the last 20 years or so, that is was discovered that the forests "NEED" to burn, in order to remain healthy.
Who are the real "imbasuls, retards, idiots and Aholes"?? :ignore:

Hick said:
The fact is, if the "treehuggers" and self proclaimed "conservationists" would have allowed the thinning of the forests, or allowed fires to run their natural course, over the last 100+ years... there would not be these excessively damaging infernos.
The fact that the forests have been "over" protected and allowed to "overgrow" is the most prevelant reason for them. It's only been over the last 20 years or so, that is was discovered that the forests "NEED" to burn, in order to remain healthy.

Who are the real "imbasuls, retards, idiots and Aholes"?? :ignore:
Those that runs the Goverment Office..

Well said Hicks!!

Agree Hick, think i mentioned negatively the good old tree hugger's and their owls on my journal.
Selective logging is the ONLY way now besides fires to clear the forests of brush and it also makes roads in the areas that are in danger of burning.
Now California is going to have a tax to provide for the huge cost of these wild fires, so they know more are on the way. Home and property owners take it once more, you know where. Twice after fires in my area my fire insurance has been denyed because of the risk of fire. I pay more every year now because of this. Tho when my county burns, since it is so sparcely populated, homes are rarely lost. Not like Yosemite area, or Shasta County or Butte.
There is a saying, been around here for years, "Blacker the forest, greener the paycheck". Tho i do NOT subscribe to that. I do know some real thot should be put into what the heck we can do and somehow make some money off harvesting the ever growing Brush and under growth. Then they will be out there protecting some freaking lizard that lives in the brush, probably. EVOLUTION is a good thing, i think. Species come and go on this earth, always have.
My county still burns. Tho the back fires have been doing their jobs. And i think containment is nearing. The county fair is canceled tho, the Fire Fighters are still living at the Fair Grounds.
IN TEN YEARS Mansanita can cover all the ground after a good fire! This makes it hard for trees to grow thru it. I clear brush around my place year after year. They call it defensable space.

i disagree with hick..
i guess i'm somewhat of a treehugger. only because the forrest companys here have really raped the land..
they didn't lessen the risk of a fire here, they increased it.. leaving so many huge piles of trees and stuff they didn't want sitting there to dry out and become easy firestarters. (not to mention the flooding now that the mountains don't hold the water as good anymore.)

already had a few fires in places where there never was a problem before, because of all the dead dry stuff they left sitting around.

i don't mind "thinning" of forrests... but unfortunatly (here atleast) they don't do that anymore.. costs to much. much easier and cheaper to just clear cut and take what you want, and leave what you don't on the ground.

they've destroyed the forrests here because the broom bush takes over the freshly clear cut area's, and grows and spreads so much faster that no other tree's grow back.

Latest posts

Back