California Medical Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJizL

Reaction score
hey guys my friend and i are going to medicann today but i was looking stuff up and it seems that some clubs dont except there card is this true?

and a friend of ours keeps telling us even if we have a card we can get arrested for possesion. if thats true is it easy to get out of it in court?? and of course im only talking bout getting caught with a few grams not a pound :p

and about the plant rules how come you can only have 6 mature and 12 imature thats not very many. well i guess it is kinda but we smoke a lot lol

LJizL said:
hey guys my friend and i are going to medicann today but i was looking stuff up and it seems that some clubs dont except there card is this true?

and a friend of ours keeps telling us even if we have a card we can get arrested for possesion. if thats true is it easy to get out of it in court?? and of course im only talking bout getting caught with a few grams not a pound :p

and about the plant rules how come you can only have 6 mature and 12 imature thats not very many. well i guess it is kinda but we smoke a lot lol

Medicann does 2 things. They have a Doctor on site who will give out REc's. Medicann also issues "cards" that are recognized by SOME of the "clubs" but not all. Medicann has a poor reputation among the dispensaries for whatever reason.

I would take your actual rec and go to Oakland and get a "Card" from the Oakland Patients ID Center located on Broadway and 14th. They will call your "Dr." aand verify that you have a Valid Rec. Then they will issue you a "Card" that is recognized by all the clubs in Cali.

Your friend is poorly informed. In Cali, even if you DO NOT have a rec, you can have up to 28 grams on your person and it is ONLY an infraction. That means it is a NON-AREESTABLE offence with a Maximum fine of $100, as long as you have a Valid California ID.
With a Medical Rec, you can posses up to 8 oz on your person with NO criminal penalty.

The 6/12 plant limit is also incorrect. That limit was imposed by AB420, which was shot down in a California Appeals Court. Bottom line, the State cannot make amendments to a Voter passed law. This is and will be a big issue with your local cops, as most are ill informed. BUT, I know of NUMEROUS cases that get tossed out of court because the cops say 6/12, but legally, they cannot. What will get u busted is scales or other "selling" items around your stash.

NorCalHal said:
Medicann does 2 things. They have a Doctor on site who will give out REc's. Medicann also issues "cards" that are recognized by SOME of the "clubs" but not all. Medicann has a poor reputation among the dispensaries for whatever reason.

I would take your actual rec and go to Oakland and get a "Card" from the Oakland Patients ID Center located on Broadway and 14th. They will call your "Dr." aand verify that you have a Valid Rec. Then they will issue you a "Card" that is recognized by all the clubs in Cali.

Your friend is poorly informed. In Cali, even if you DO NOT have a rec, you can have up to 28 grams on your person and it is ONLY an infraction. That means it is a NON-AREESTABLE offence with a Maximum fine of $100, as long as you have a Valid California ID.
With a Medical Rec, you can posses up to 8 oz on your person with NO criminal penalty.

The 6/12 plant limit is also incorrect. That limit was imposed by AB420, which was shot down in a California Appeals Court. Bottom line, the State cannot make amendments to a Voter passed law. This is and will be a big issue with your local cops, as most are ill informed. BUT, I know of NUMEROUS cases that get tossed out of court because the cops say 6/12, but legally, they cannot. What will get u busted is scales or other "selling" items around your stash.

hmm guess when i get my license me and him are going on a road trip lol but until then do sacramento clubs take the medicann card??

and that sounds better bout the plants lol i was like *** how am i gonna get much with only 6 mature and no worries bout the scales or anything. so i could grow around say 20 plants and nothing happen to me im still worried bout the getting arrested part lol

I am not toos ure about he clubs in Sac, as I have not ever gone to one. Some of the info I have heard about the clubs are not that great. I would call the club you want to go to and see if they take the medicann card.

Plant Count. Very tough. It's all about how far you want to push it really. If you have 20 and your local Cop finds your grow, he may enforce what he thinks the limit "should" be and take away 14 of your plants. Or, he could arrest you and charge you with conspiricy to distribute.

All that doesn't matter. It is really between the Judge and more so the DA. IME, if a medical defense is presented, you will skate as long as your plant count is under 100.

Do you catch my drift here? I just found out another friend who was "busted" with a 6, 1000watt light grow with 60 plants. He was aressted by the Local Cops, and then the case went to court. The first day of court, MMJ was his defense, he showed his script, and the Judge dropped all charges.
He still went thru a bunch of crap, because , as I said, it really depends on the Local cops.

Basically, you need to find out some info on cases in your area where Medical MJ was used as a Defense, and see what the outcomes were. That is what I do and that give me a "safe" plant count.

How do you determine what 8 oz is without a scale?? They kind of have to catch you making a sale to pin that on you one would think. Whoops I have 9 oz but it looked like 8 so now I am busted because I didn't have a scale. Makes no sense.

Latest posts

Back