Can a Indica dominate clone change to a Sativa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBoy70

Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy. But a year ago I bought two Gorilla Glue clones. One was said to be Gorilla **** and the other Gorilla Glue#4. . They were Indica with large leaves. I read that to keep clones max potential it is best to clone from the plant while in flower. So I have done this four times. My plant is now full on Sativa. skinny leaves and all.

So my question is can a plant go from an indica to a sativa with multiple clonings. I think it may now be Chocolate Diesel. One of the original strains it was bread with.

I don't believe a plant can change into another strain. The original GG is an Indica dominant strain, but the GG#4 is a Sativa dominant strain I believe.

No.... A clone is an exact duplicate of its donor.

Also, I am not sure where you read "that to keep clones max potential it is best to clone from the plant while in flower", but I do not believe that that is true and I think you will be hard put to find any scientific evidence that this is so. In fact, because the plant has to reverse the flowering hormones and revert back to a vegetative state, it could be detrimental and certainly takes longer.

Latest posts

Back