can a plant grow to harvest in this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytrew

Reaction score
hydro shop said i could grow a plant to harvest in this size rockwool, i think they are the 4" ones. i have 8 plants in each system. hope to get 8 girls. i also have 2 tomatoe plants in 5 gal bubble buckets in there.

any thing i should fix in this setup?

25.jpg

624.jpg

4623.jpg

4622.jpg

620.jpg

4621.jpg

777776.jpg

yes, right now it is on 18/6 and now it is 62 in there with the lights off, i will see the temps later today when lights come on.
you helped me on another thread about the ppm and ph. i really appreciate your help. can you anwer the above?

12:30 pm and it is 60 in there with the lights off! There is a fan in there blowing on the plants, some refrigeration effect is happening, the wind chill on thm is probably much lower. is it ok?

Ya thats great men good to here I could help. 60-62 is cool at night. Rockwool is great, do you know much about it? 4 in. cubes will work for a 2ft. plant or so. You can also put them right next to each other since they are square. Make sure you check the ph ppm amd water temp. everyday as well as the temp and humidity in the room. How hot was it getting with the light on and what did you end up doing to fix it

i left the door open to the tent with the a/c blowing right on the light and plants. daytime is still running 70-72, i just closed the tent door more and see what it gets up to.

so can i grow full term to harvest plants in this size rock wool? when would you start the flowering cycle?

Yes you can definitely grow to full cycle. See if you can get them to 75 and flower about 8-12 inches is a good time, but you can let them get bigger it will just take longer inbetween cycles and does not necessarily mean more weight

yes 75 degrees is the ideal temp. More heat equals mutants, mold and welting... bad news.

Yes 75 minimum to 80 tops 85 with enrichment.

it;s running 72-75 during light period with water temp 62.
lights off it runs 65 water temp 58. is this ok.
i have a c02 tank and should i just use it for flowering?
how much should i use?
also, how many ounces do you think i could get out of each plant? Lowball it!

Hey man. Those temps are good and if you add co2 then you will need to bring the temp up, 85 would be great. Water temp. never less than 60 never above 70, 65 ideal. Use co2 at all points from veg on. If I could see the plants I still couldn't make a great assumption on weight it totally depends, if you want a number maybe 2-3 ozs

small plants will produce less bud than big ones, why not transfer the rockwool cubes into bigger cubes=bigger yeild...
4" rockwool cubes only for the entire grow?? i don`t think you`ll get anywhere near 2-3oz

I have 16 plants in there, hoping to get 8 females. should I transplant them into the 8 inch Rockwool? I thought because they are in a hydro unit it would still grow fine and cube size wasnt much an issue?

No the root system still needs to grow large enough to support the plant at it's height. Larger area for roots to grow=larger plants=more buds=more fun for you. Smaller root area=smaller plant etc...

it`s good for the roots to have a good foundation m8,personal preference too.

shuggy4105 said:
it`s good for the roots to have a good foundation m8,personal preference too.
Isnt the tighter the root mass the less chance youll have a male? :eek:

Latest posts

Back