Can a plant start flowering under these circunstances?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whereismymind69

Reaction score
My plants haven't recieved the right amount of light on their 3weeks of live (i have two small fluors in 18/6). Two of the six plant seem to show clear signs of sex to me. These are the healthiest and biggest out of all. Tomorrow i should get my 400hps. If my fears are true... can i get them back to veggie period????? Experts... it is up to you!!!!!

18/6 is a great amount of light. They should not be showing any signs of sex at three weeks. The earliest for me and even what I've seen others get is 4 weeks and that's using a 12/12 cycle from seed. You can start flowering, but I would give it another two weeks or so to bush out your ladies by topping them.

yea man thats one thing i dont really get how u can put 12/12 right away on the plant from the very start when it breaks the surface wouldn it bud right away. Also wat the benifts from doing that?

HYDRO333 said:
yea man thats one thing i dont really get how u can put 12/12 right away on the plant from the very start when it breaks the surface wouldn it bud right away. Also wat the benifts from doing that?

I have a one week old plant that got started on 12/12 from day one and it is growing just like a plant under 18/6 would. It is only growing leaves right now, hasnt started budding yet. I sarted it on 12/12 by accident but I think most people do it for a quick grow or because it keeps the plant really small. Thats my guess.

Hmm... Why did I start plants on 12/12? I suppose peer pressure and I was just curious :p. Yes, the plant did remain very small and my male percentage was very high, but it was cool. The plant began to flower when it was mature. This was at around 4 weeks. Before then, it was vegging in disregard of the light schedule.

Ok so if i out my plant under 12/12 basically it goes thruogh veg and then around four weeks old it mutures and it decides to flower own it own dun got to do anything.

Do you have any pictures? Its hard to believe a 3 week old plant under 18hour light is sexed. I'd be interested in seeing it.

And Hydro, Yes. But the plant will be smaller and not produce as much as if you vegged it for a little while.

So vegging is the growing of the plant and flowering is when the buds grow right? Now I read if it's a female it should start flowering on it's own when it's ready right?

KronicKing32 said:
So vegging is the growing of the plant and flowering is when the buds grow right? Now I read if it's a female it should start flowering on it's own when it's ready right?

The plant wont start budding until you put the light schedule to 12/12. You could grow a plant for a year and if you dont put the lights on 12/12 it will just keep growing and growing without budding. You control the plant by the light schedule.

Latest posts

Back