Can anyone identify this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stick to your house water id say mate i always have my bucket full and leave it over night before i add to plants to let it settle to room temp i dont really bother with the phs in my soil grown plants as use canna soil with perlite and have been told that it works as a ph buffer althou im not 100 % certain on that never had any problems thou as to nute burn

how often are you watering them and how much water per watering

I just wait until the top inch or two of soil is dry then water. you think a ph of 5 is ok?

To be honest, I don't really bother testing my ph, since to me, that's more for hydro growers. I'm sure there's an exact science to it, but really I'm a lazy grower. I am however a creature of habit. My plants get 200ml of water w/20-20-20 (10-52-10 if they're flowering), fed by the bottom every second/third day, and 300ml of FILTERED water in the top every second day. I simply use a Britta filter and cycle my tap water through it three times before it goes in my pots.
If you don't feel like filtering it yourself, you can get jugs of distilled water from the supermarket, though some may find it to pure. Just make sure it's not ozonated.

BTW, I literally 'taste' my plants to see if they need feeding or not. Grab a leaf and if it's bitter and gritty, back off on the nutes.

Offspring_36 said:
I just wait until the top inch or two of soil is dry then water. you think a ph of 5 is ok?

5 is probably a little too low try get up to 6, 6.5 if you can get yourself some ph up and a ph testing kit if you can

Offspring_36 said:
Hello again, sorry about posting so many times. basically ive found a detailed analysis of my home water (which i was previously using) which i thought may shed some light on my problems;

House water; Bottled water;
Ph 5.02 Ph 7.4
Ca 3.7 (mg) Ca 26 (mg)
Mg 1.77 Mg 6
Na 7.1 Na 7
K 1.1 K <1

Ive been feeding the bottled water for about a month now. Looking at the Ph of both it seems ive gone from one extreem to the other :rolleyes: but i dunno. If this shows anything it would be great to know what! :)

yup..from one extreme to the other offspring..
soil should be between 6 and 7 ph. Straying too far from either end WILL result in lockout problems.Too much calcium can lock out other essential, too.

Ph is very important for your plants. Bottled water will (should) have a nutritional info chart, our bottled water states that it is at a ph of 8.0 so if i was to use that water (which i dont, i use it for my sprayers) i wud have to add a little sulphuric acid to it to bring it down to around 6.5

hello, Thanks for the replies. Im going to seek out either some Ph up and use my house water or find another source of water and hope that the plants improve. I'll let you know if things improve, Thanks for the help! :)

i think you'll see an improvement soon after you get the phs sorted bud good luck with them look forward to seing them thriving

drop by my diary if ya like

Latest posts

Back