Yellowing leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxr182

Reaction score
So I should start out that this is my first plant. I really don't know what I'm doing. I've read a ton though and learned so much already I can't wait for my next grow.
The problem I'm having is with yellowing leaves. This has been ongoing for a while (maybe a month) and I've done my research, first treating for low nitrogen which didn't help, then trying to feed it a bloom food, which didn't help, and finally discovering my water (at times) has a PH of 7-7.5 so treating that. Still nothing. The yellowing started near the bottom but is all over now, even on the leaves that grow off of the buds themselves. I did read online that natural yellowing can occur when the plant is getting ready for harvest but I don't want to count on that being the issue and further damage my plant. Do you guys have any insight you can offer me?

Attachments

• IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
you need to provide info for any real help...plants look sad but not beyond help...what are you growing, how long, type of medium, nutes, pH is too high, aim for 6.3 if possible...research will be your pal...

I guess it would be helpful to tell you what I'm working with :). I've got a Super Lemon Haze clone that I purchased around the beginning of April (I have since started taking notes). I started her out with a miracle grow potting soil. I was under the wrong impression that this would feed her indefinitely so there was likely a lack of nutrients for a while. For the last several weeks I have been feeding a miracle grow general fertilizer which I now know was more balanced for the veg stage. I have since begun using a product I got off amazon called Flower Fuel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L32CE20?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. I have been heavily pruning because of all of the yellow leaves, not messing with the healthy leaves. She looks pretty thin now.
So on the ph front this is what I've observed. I didn't realize ph was such a big deal until around a week, 10 days ago. I tested my water with an aquarium test kit and it registered 7.6. I thought "wow there's my problem." I ordered a better test kit and ph down. By the time the ph kit got here my water was testing 6.5-7 so I haven't used the phdown yet.
I have her in a grow tent with two 2x2 rated lights from AC Infinity as well as an inline fan and an oscillating fan.

Can you show us a picture of your yellow leaves?

That flower fuel has some mixed reviews a lot with PH issues. Are you measuring your PH after adding your flower fuel prior to feeding?

Ive been using advance nutrients trio lately with no PH issues so far.
IMG_1449.jpeg

Cal-Mag is descended from a miracle plant medicine originally developed by High Elves in middle earth. They called it Kal-Magic

It's rumored to so powerful that it is considered the one potion to bind them all. Of course you could not use it but a tiny balrog will visit your grow and turn your leaves yellow.

If you had been watering/feeding with high pH water, your soil may still have a high pH. You could check your runoff pH. If that is high, you may need to flush the soil with some lower pH water.

Thanks everyone for the help. I got my cal-mag in and did my first dose today. I got one of those meters you plug in the soil that tests ph, moisture, and light. It reports a ph around 7 +/-. I'm working on lowering it a little.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpeg
    IMG_1500.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Does that cool pot you have it in have good drainage? Cannabis likes a wet dry cycle could also have something to do with the yellow leaves. Do you let the pot dry out before watering it?

how long has it been in that pot? Are roots coming out the drain hole?

did you have the yellow leaf problem before using the Flower Fuel?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back