Can I harvest 8times a year???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whereismymind69

Reaction score
Thanks... I wanted to grow big quantities considering the space i got (about 2square meters for flowering and 1for veg and a low celing) My plan is to veg clones for 6 weeks and then start flowering in the veg room for 2 weeks or less (depending if it is too late to take cuttings and force them back to veg),then move them all to the flowering room untill they are mature wich should be using this strain (the HOG) about 43 days. I consider 8/10 plants the most i will be able to fit.

If this works I will be able to harvest about 10 per year. Do you think is possible?

I reckon 6 times a year maximum, all going well (and that's going by an 8 week flowering period) Don't forget you'll need to take a couple of weeks holidays too.

6 times would be about the max and thats allowing for 8 weeks of flowering.

The strain that will be best suited to doing this will be northern lights.

if you keep a separate veg and flower room I dont see any problem with this...I tried the perpetual harvest a long time ago, grew way way more than I needed and I was perpetually busy thru drying, curing, harvesting, etc...

I used plexiglas sheets to separate the various ages and it worked just fine...I would harvest 2 plants every month, and then replace them with clones...I used the same container and a light rail3.5 to keep the light moving back and forth...I was growing white widow at the time, getting 3-4 oz(dry) every month...

It worked, but I was too busy to keep it up, especially since I only needed about 1 harvest every 3 months to keep my stash...for a long term commercial operation, it would be ideal... a short flower cycle, and sea of green style of grow would be best...

Good Luck !!! :clap: :clap:

You would need more rooms in order to produce more than 6 crops a year, unless you bonzi them, by flowering them when they're around 6in. tall.
you would have to grow a few more to make up for the lost weight a taller plant would produce, but cloning, you could wait until the clone was fully rooted, plus an additional 2 weeks (+-) of flowering, saving you enough time for 7 crops maybe 8.
i'm not sure.. and very stoned, so, the best of luck to you.

Yeah, what I thought is as said prev 1sqm room for veg and flowering for 2 weeks, 2sqm room for flowering 6weeks but also I am planing to build a small light tight box/room within the flowering roomto keep mother and small clones. I know it could work, i just don't know how mary plants i'll be able to fit considering the low celing.
If I make it work i harvest 8 times a year!!!!!

whereismymind69 said:
Yeah, what I thought is as said prev 1sqm room for veg and flowering for 2 weeks, 2sqm room for flowering 6weeks but also I am planing to build a small light tight box/room within the flowering roomto keep mother and small clones. I know it could work, i just don't know how mary plants i'll be able to fit considering the low celing.
If I make it work i harvest 8 times a year!!!!!

It would be easyer to build a mom and clone box in your vegg room.

But with 3 rooms theoreticlly could make for a harvest every week if you stagger your grow.

A greater number of harvests per year does not necessarily translate to more ozs. If you are rushing your plants from veg to flower when they are too small, you will get substantially less finished product.

I also do not understand vegging and flowering in the same room for 2 weeks part of this. Putting a plant into flower after only 2 weeks of vegging is going to result in very small plants. I do not know of a strain that flowers in 6 weeks. I have grown several strains that flower in 49-56 days, but I always veg at least 4 weeks.

The Hemp Goddess said:
A greater number of harvests per year does not necessarily translate to more ozs. If you are rushing your plants from veg to flower when they are too small, you will get substantially less finished product.

I also do not understand vegging and flowering in the same room for 2 weeks part of this. Putting a plant into flower after only 2 weeks of vegging is going to result in very small plants. I do not know of a strain that flowers in 6 weeks. I have grown several strains that flower in 49-56 days, but I always veg at least 4 weeks.

I agree!>)

In my experience they might be harvested after 8 weeks, but they don't start bulking up, 'till about 9 weeks so that by 12 weeks the buds are 2-3 times as heavy as at 8 weeks=>D

Why dont you just veg/flow rooms independently?Instead of flowering for 2 wks in the veg

i think you could harvest many more than 8 times per year. the way im growing now is i take clones every few weeks, and using the bubble cloner i veg and clone plants in the same grow room. right now i have 4 plants all at different heights and once i can take a clone from what i have in my veg room i do so then move that plant into flowering. at this rate i will move about one plant a month into my flowering room so i guess if i wanted to keep this going i would be able to harvest ~12 times a year.

so if you have two grow rooms one on 12/12 and one on 24/0 you could get at least 8 a year

veg till you can take clones than put into flowering. veg the clones under 24/0 for about a month and move into flower. your flower room will have plants in all stages of flowering so you would need to keep track of how long each has been flowering but thats not that hard.

/\ That will work right up to the point when one has to try to get light to a 1' plant without burning the 3' 4' & 5' plants!>)

naturalhi said:
/\ That will work right up to the point when one has to try to get light to a 1' plant without burning the 3' 4' & 5' plants!>)

that's why I ended up using a light mover and the plexigas dividers :hubba:

perpetual harvest can work, without rushing anything if you have mom's and take clones on a schedule...you can get strains that flower fast, some I've seen 7-8 weeks it is alot of hassles, but you get what you want to make out of it..:D

I do a perpetual grow, too. Every plant in the flowering room is in its own 5 gal DWC bucket. Buckets are placed on other buckets or on milk crates to even up the canopy, adjusting for the different heights.

I like to start plants (generally clones) every 2 weeks. The schedule is generally 2 weeks in the cloner, 4-6 weeks vegging, approx 8-10 weeks in the flower room. This way I harvest something every 2 weeks or so. The strain determines the amount of flowering time needed. I have one strain that is ready in 7 weeks and another that takes 10-12 weeks.

whatever you do in your growroom don`t rush it if at all possible. PrePlanning a grow thoroughly also relates to less problems throughout the grow. Also allowing strains to fully ripen is key to producing high quality cannabis (and high yields) .

Latest posts

Back